LCD Tv's and screen tear - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-05-2007, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a samsung lcd tv and have noticed an issue with "screen tear". Every now and then, about 3 inches from the bottom of the screen, the screen will get a line that flickers across the screen (screen tear). Ive dealt with this issue before with playing xbox 360 games, however those were because of the game, not the tv I was using (a toshiba hd tube). This "tear" always appears in the same spot and happens in movies and other misc. programs. Is this something common with lcd tv's or might I have an defective tv? I also noticed last night while watching Disneys Dinosaurs on dvd through my xbox 360 an occasional, extremly quick "flash" where the entire screen had a slight tint of green. This has only happend while I was watching dinosaurs. Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is all I could find on it 'Tearing is a display artifact that occurs when images are presented to the screen without regard for the current status of the output circuitry. It occurs because pixels are sent to the screen gradually in book order rather than instantaneously. What happens is that the output DAC reads across the same area of the screen that is bring written to, so the monitor ends up showing a half-updated image. The result is a momentary frame that has half of an old frame and half of a new one, with a clean horizontal split across (the tear). Because the location of the tear varies according to timing, it usually jumps all over the place, which can be distracting.'
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page