Vizio GV47L 47" 1080P LCD Official Thread II - Page 67 - AVS Forum
First ... 65  66  67
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vizio GV47L 47" 1080P LCD Official Thread II
Flav_cool's Avatar Flav_cool 11:55 PM 03-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jdk View Post

Tried to get audio out from the optical out port on my GV47L to Pioneer amp. No luck. Analog works fine.

Firmware v1.25 Oct. 2007 build.

Tested my son's PS3 optical out to the same port with same optical cable on the Pioneer amp and that works.

Am I missing something on the GV47 setup to get the optical audio out working?

If I'm not mistaken, the GV47L optical out only reads sound from the DTV/TV input. Therefore, if you want digital audio from any device that doesn't go through the DTV/TV input, you should go directly from said device to your Pioneer amp. So, video to the tv, audio to the amp. I know somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

I realize this is an old TV. But there has got to be a way to output digital audio at all times! It's frustrating because I basically can't get surround sound if I input full HDMI to the TV. With my old laptop I could do DVI->HDMI->TV and pass audio separately from SPDIF->Sound System. With my new laptop all it has is HDMI out...

blueduramax's Avatar blueduramax 09:48 AM 05-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduramax View Post

I know that in the audio visual world this TV is very outdated. However, mine just keeps working perfectly. Picture is great etc. Only weakness that I can see is the 60 megahertz speed. Sort of want it to go bad so I will be able to replace it. This note will probably seal its fate and it will go out soon!

Still going strong. Great picture.
winston9t4's Avatar winston9t4 06:34 PM 08-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav_cool View Post

I realize this is an old TV. But there has got to be a way to output digital audio at all times! It's frustrating because I basically can't get surround sound if I input full HDMI to the TV. With my old laptop I could do DVI->HDMI->TV and pass audio separately from SPDIF->Sound System. With my new laptop all it has is HDMI out...

I am assuming you can't you run hdmi first to your receiver, then out to the tv?
blueduramax's Avatar blueduramax 09:13 AM 01-01-2014
This is disgusting, with all the great new TV's out there my Vizio keeps going and going! Still great picture.
INHUMANITY's Avatar INHUMANITY 03:44 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduramax View Post

This is disgusting, with all the great new TV's out there my Vizio keeps going and going! Still great picture.
Mine is still running strong, too.

Quietly inside my head, I hope it'll die soon so I can have a legitimate reason to upgrade to an edge-lit LCD display. smile.gif

But damn, this thing is a beast and has been running absolutely perfectly since day one! It's mounted on my living room wall with the speakers removed, so it looks like a gigantic ("gigantic" to me back when it was released) computer monitor. smile.gif
mozirry's Avatar mozirry 06:49 PM 01-01-2014
Mine is still going strong as well.

Was thinking about upgrading to a 60"....any chance I might accidentally buy a new VIZIO set that has a less-performing LCD Panel then the one in this set?

If I can go only but up, then I might buy sooner
blueduramax's Avatar blueduramax 03:48 PM 07-03-2014
Been looking at great deals on a new TV. Many attractive features, but alas my old 47 keeps going and has a great picture. Looking for TIVO set up however.

Jay
First ... 65  66  67

Up
Mobile  Desktop