Official Samsung LN-T4061F/LN-T4065F/LN-T4661F/LN-T4665F/LN-T5265F Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #361 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post

IM eagerly awaiting the arrival of these sets in Canada
(Calling stores for updates everyday: p)

Tremendous thanks to you beef-chopper for going out and doing the flashlight study, I think it will help allot of people with their decision on 65\\66 vs. 61

Also can any pro's comment on those artifacts Marshall is showing those are freaking me out

They are freaking me out too. They seem to be uniform in size and shape. Seems like it something that really shouldn't be happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall110 View Post

I'm probably going to give Samsung a call and have a technician look at it. Hopefully it will be an easy in home repair.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why this poster is the only one with something negative to say about these screens???
post #363 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi guys, first time poster here..... Thanks to you guys I just ordered a 4065 at CC today (should be in on 4/4)!! After many trips back and forth from BB to CC to Sears I believe I negociated a good price ($300 off list). They had a 4061 right next to a Sony XBR2 and the Samsung just blew it away!! That (and the price) certainly sealed the deal for me (even with the previously reported semi-glare issues of the 65/66 series).

Can anybody comment on using these televisions with Directv HD recievers (SD/HD picture quality, setup, etc.)?? I am getting upgraded from SD to HD on 4/6 and would appreciate any help. Also, are there only certain HDMI cables capable of transmitting 1080P signals or are they all about the same (I'm looking at a Monster 400 series)?

THANKS!!
post #364 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUp View Post

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why this poster is the only one with something negative to say about these screens???

He works for sony....

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #365 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfny View Post

Hi guys, first time poster here..... Thanks to you guys I just ordered a 4065 at CC today (should be in on 4/4)!! After many trips back and forth from BB to CC to Sears I believe I negociated a good price ($300 off list). They had a 4061 right next to a Sony XBR2 and the Samsung just blew it away!! That (and the price) certainly sealed the deal for me (even with the previously reported semi-glare issues of the 65/66 series).

Can anybody comment on using these televisions with Directv HD recievers (SD/HD picture quality, setup, etc.)?? I am getting upgraded from SD to HD on 4/6 and would appreciate any help. Also, are there only certain HDMI cables capable of transmitting 1080P signals or are they all about the same (I'm looking at a Monster 400 series)?

THANKS!!

How did you get them to drop $300 off the list price? BB and CC don't seem like the types of places you can haggle a price. Just curious.
post #366 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also, are there only certain HDMI cables capable of transmitting 1080P signals or are they all about the same (I'm looking at a Monster 400 series)?

THANKS!!

I have a 10 dollar HDMI cable that I bought off of ebay and it looked exactly the same as the 60 dollar cable that I bought from best buy so I returned the best buy one. You will need an HDMI 1.3 compatible cable if you want to use the HDMI features such as controlling other samsung components with anynet feature or other peripherals with anynet features. Other than that, any hdmi will work. Buy a cheap one and buy and expensive one and try them both to see the difference if any. Cables are always returnable...

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #367 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
well the tv is going back sadly to say.... the replacement came today from circuit city, and same problem with the hdmi dropping signal similiar to what westinghouse was doing. I called samsung up, where both a floor rep and supervisor told me this model (ln-t4661f) was not cabable of handling 1080p through the hdmi inputs only through the pc port.
post #368 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also, are there only certain HDMI cables capable of transmitting 1080P signals or are they all about the same (I'm looking at a Monster 400 series)?

THANKS!!

Monster cables are way over priced. You can get some good ones from monoprice, one of the sponsors of this site.

Go 24
post #369 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:39 PM

Spicaly, you mean 1080p via dvi-hdmi for a pc connection or do u mean 1080p in general as in ps3 1080p?
post #370 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:41 PM

orfney--i bought a 6$ hdmi cable from MONOPRICE and compared it side by side with my older, but perfectly good top of the line MONSTER hdmi cable(on my new pio 507cmx), and the envelope please.............................PQ was exactly the same. which either means monster screws everybody on price, or that monoprice greatly undercuts the market. whichever, i highly recommend MONOPRICE cables--they have whatever you need at great prices. good luck JF
post #371 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Or, like 1080p from hd-dvd or bluray player?
post #372 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Hi Bykes! It wasn't easy!! First I took an internet quote form Datavision ($450 under retail including shipping). Then I went to CC and they said they could only match up to 10% so I went ot Sears and they said they would give me an additioal 10% of the difference of the CC price. BB was completely firm on the full retail price so I finally went back to CC with the written quote from Sears and they said they would match it. I could see they were all getting tired of this so I pulled the trigger at CC. I was surprised also because the set was not even in stock at either store!!
post #373 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicaly View Post

well the tv is going back sadly to say.... the replacement came today from circuit city, and same problem with the hdmi dropping signal similiar to what westinghouse was doing. I called samsung up, where both a floor rep and supervisor told me this model (ln-t4661f) was not cabable of handling 1080p through the hdmi inputs only through the pc port.

Hmmmm. I have my pc hooked up from the dvi to hdmi to input 1 hdmi on the back of the tv at 1920x1080 and I am not having any problems... I have also download lots of HD content and plays fine on input 1 from my HTPC... OOOPS you have the 4061 and I have the 4066. What does your manual say? On page 28 of my manual it states and talks about picture size and says 720/1080i/1080p through HDMI. Did you try to change your cable box or just use the coax cable from the wall straight to your tv over the air input to see what happens?

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #374 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:47 PM

well i belive it has more to do with the handshaking issue, and the reps at samsung just said that to get me off the phone, but still a 2nd set having problems with the ps3 that works fine on other brand 1080p tvs', isnt worth the $ or the hassle of trying to get samsung to fix.

the supervisor pretty much flat out said this tv *4661f* only supports 1080p through the vga port

which i believe is a load of BS
post #375 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the cable advice - I think you just saved me about $100!! Who should I make the check out to "AVS Samsung Gang"? LOL
post #376 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the cable advice - I think you just saved me about $100!! Who should I make the check out to "AVS Samsung Gang"? LOL

Sharpjunkie but I think I am going to need to change that to samsungjunkie......

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #377 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:

Hi Bykes! It wasn't easy!! First I took an internet quote form Datavision ($450 under retail including shipping). Then I went to CC and they said they could only match up to 10% so I went ot Sears and they said they would give me an additioal 10% of the difference of the CC price. BB was completely firm on the full retail price so I finally went back to CC with the written quote from Sears and they said they would match it. I could see they were all getting tired of this so I pulled the trigger at CC. I was surprised also because the set was not even in stock at either store!!

Good job!

yeah, If you tell BB you can get it cheaper at an online store they say.."then buy it from there..we dont care".

I buy from BB because they usually have good financing options. Plus I live close to Delaware, so no sales tax.
post #378 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:53 PM

spicaly,
Indeed it is

We've seen pics of 1080p hdmi from pc
And from ps3
And also from component

I'm still confused to you're problem though
The TV was doing 1080p ps3 on hdmi u posted that in you're pic with the tekken BG right?
Are you referring to the audio problem? Which causes the handshaking?
If u set the audio to multi a\\v and plug in the red white cables to you're TV u should be fine in spitting out the audio through its speakers- Otherwise use the digital optical out and use surround speakers
post #379 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post

spicaly,
Indeed it is

We've seen pics of 1080p hdmi from pc
And from ps3
And also from component

I'm still confused to you're problem though
The TV was doing 1080p ps3 on hdmi u posted that in you're pic with the tekken BG right?
Are you referring to the audio problem? Which causes the handshaking?
If u set the audio to multi a\\v and plug in the red white cables to you're TV u should be fine- Otherwise use the digital optical out and use surround speakers

Yep, the problem I have is it randomly cuts off, so far only while playing games, it cuts off regardless of what audio output your using... and this is on both tv's, the one dropped off last week, and the one delivered today.
post #380 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykes View Post

Good job!

yeah, If you tell BB you can get it cheaper at an online store they say.."then buy it from there..we dont care".

I buy from BB because they usually have good financing options. Plus I live close to Delaware, so no sales tax.

The thing I liked about CC is they will take the set back within 30 days no questions asked and with no restocking fee (not sure about BB policy).
post #381 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The thing I liked about CC is they will take the set back within 30 days no questions asked and with no restocking fee (not sure about BB policy).

same thing

Ne1 know where to get the motorized wall mount that works with the wiselink feature on the new samsungs? So you can sit on your couch and be lazy and move the tv on the wall using the samsung remote

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #382 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Not an owner ... yet. But, after seeing the 5265 in person at BB with a Blu-Ray playing... all I have to say is ...The Holy Grail has indeed been found. The screen does reflect somewhat when the set is turned off but, the brilliance of the image kept my eyes from noticing anything once turned on. Absolutlely amazing. I didn't know whether to believe all of the super reviews but, I was honestly floored.
post #383 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrass View Post

Not an owner ... yet. But, after seeing the 5265 in person at BB with a Blu-Ray playing... all I have to say is ...The Holy Grail has indeed been found. The screen does reflect somewhat when the set is turned off but, the brilliance of the image kept my eyes from noticing anything once turned on. Absolutlely amazing. I didn't know whether to believe all of the super reviews but, I was honestly floored.

Seagrass, time to dustoff the tv stand or get a wall mount cause you have got the samsung fever. It will eat away at u until you get one of these sets in your house....

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #384 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Lyle View Post

I don't think the SD quality is any worse than it was with my Sony 46V25L1. I have my set hooked up via HDMI from an HD Tivo. I am still tweaking my set to get the best picture I can out of it.

Hi Bryan & plastikpyro:

Thanks for all your input thus far. I take it you are still quite happy with this set? I have been looking for a 52" or larger LCD for a while now and will purchase sometime in the near future. Was waiting for new Sonys but maybe won't now with all the good reports on the new Samsungs.

My concern has to do with the screen reflections. My house is on a golf course and I have some pretty big windows overlooking the fairway. We get bright afternoon sun which is somewhat mitigated by 91% UV/light reducing shades. I will be corner mounting the tv at a 45degree angle away from the windows as my CRT is at present. Most of the time the glare and reflections do not bother me at present. What do you think about the 65 or 66 series under these conditions?

Appreciate your time and info... Ken
post #385 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUp View Post

You may be insane, but if so, you have lots of company on this forum. THANKS for some great detective work!!!

Ken

You're welcome.
post #386 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:44 PM

Got a 4665 today.

WORST thing about the TV: the packaging. The back left side of the TV has lots of scratches about 4-5" long from the styrofoam rubbing against the glossy back during packaging/transport. The entire casing is glossy, so everything scratches easily. I think Samsung will fix it soon and put plastic covering over the TV where it hits the styrofoam. Oh well.

SD via cable isn't any worse than my 4095D.

The glossy screen takes a little getting used to. It's about as glossy as the glossy screen on a MacBook Pro. But most of the time, I'm paying attention to the picture and not the reflections that appear during dark scenes.

Picture Mode settings can be different for each input. That's different from the 95 series, where each mode's settings carries over to all inputs.

There are settings for both backlight and energy savings. I will measure later which one actually cuts down on power usage.

The TV has problems with my Motorola Comcast cable box via HDMI. The picture disappears after a while when the box is set to DVI, and via HDMI it says HDCP not present. The box also has problems with the 4095D though.

The speakers sound better than the 4095D, but that's not saying much. There are still speaker holes facing down towards the bottom side of the TV, so I don't know what it means that they're 2.2 and side mounted?

I apologize in advance if I'm not supposed to post full size pictures.

Way over exposed. It's so overexposed that you can see light on the wall behind the TV, which is a from the backlight of the TV shining through the vents and bouncing off the wall.

Still a bit overexposed, but no clouds or flashlights.

The glossy bezel reflects light off my computer LCD that's 10 feet away and perpendicular to the tv.

Reflection of my computer LCD on the tv's glossy LCD.

I don't watch tv in the dark, so this is what I really see in a dim room. Very good blacks, very little backlight bleed.

The LCD is glossy, reflection of the flash.

post #387 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Behind me a wall ends, so you can see the reflection on the right side of the screen. I really wouldn't notice it though outside of a picture.

My new $3000 Samsung found its home in my apartment, but unfortunately it sits on a $15 Ikea TV stand
post #388 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info regarding the model numbers. Much appreciated!

post #389 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Hello,
I'm considering the purchase of 4061 or 4066...installing into a built-in cabinet w/ 45"W available...sofa is on the right side of the room...I'd like to mount LCD in cabinet...I'll need a 15 degree tilt to the right...the 4066 has a cool mechanical mount option mentioned in the manual (I suspect it will cost a fortune...anyone own one?)...can anyone recommend a low-profile mount w/ a right & left tilt option??? I suspect also that it will be the same for either LCD...right? Thanks!
post #390 of 4566 Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicaly View Post

Yep, the problem I have is it randomly cuts off, so far only while playing games, it cuts off regardless of what audio output your using... and this is on both tv's, the one dropped off last week, and the one delivered today.

Im hoping this is an isolated case and maybe theres something wrong with the version or setup of youre ps3
we havent heard this from others yet so i'm guessing something between you're ps3 setup and ps3 firware\\(or even hardware itself) is clashing with the tv

however if i get the same prolems and i cant play ps3 without it flickering every 5mins and theres no way to get around it
its going back
speaking of which I pre-ordered my 4065f today
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Lnt4061f 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page