Official Samsung LN-Txx42H and LN-Txx53H Topic - Page 130 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Does your Samsung LCD have the "tearing" problem?
Yes 219 39.32%
No 338 60.68%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #3871 of 3883 Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any updates on this?

Thanks.

- 2B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3883 Old 05-19-2012, 11:11 AM

I had the cap problem and repaired it about 1 year ago. All is well but this morning only on 1 channel I see a green bar taking up about 25 percent of the tv on the right hand side.
Odd thing is it is only on 1 channel but it doesn't seem to be a station problem as all other Tvs in my home as well as friends doesn't seem to have the problem.

Anyone had this problem?
Fix?

Doug

Sorry for cell phone picture
LL
LL
post #3873 of 3883 Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM

hey guys,

I've been reading this thread the last couple of days in hopes of fixing my issue.

I have a LN-T2653H lcd tv and i was reading up on firmware updates on samsung's site for this tv and saw that there was a firmware available so I followed the instructions and after the TV turned off it did not come back on like it said it would. I now have 5 blinking red lights every 30 secs or so.

I was hoping someone would have the 2007 firmware I originally had running on this TV and if so, is there a way to force it to install another firmware if the screen does not come on, and just blinks.

Here is the firmware I downloaded from the Samsung site. Tried calling them, but they were of no help....
Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.2024.0)
All OS Oct 20, 2011 ENGLISH

I hope someone is still reading this thread that can help me, as the last post looks to be May 2012 of this year.

Please and thanks.
post #3874 of 3883 Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipgamer View Post

hey guys,
I followed the instructions and after the TV turned off it did not come back on like it said it would. I now have 5 blinking red lights every 30 secs or so.
Please and thanks.

Same thing happened to me. I'll take the old problems over no TV. Please help.
Thanks,
Roy
post #3875 of 3883 Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oswaldtv View Post

Same thing happened to me.

Just a random thought... did either of you have the problem with the TV taking longer and longer to turn on? Samsung sent someone out to replace the bad capacitors on mine, even though it was beyond the warranty time. I wonder if 1) the caps could affect this, or 2) if they were to be replaced, if the tech could fix this issue while there.
post #3876 of 3883 Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTarHeel View Post

TV taking longer and longer to turn on?

Well in my case, I just had muting problems. As soon as the firmware was updated and the TV rebooted, that is when it became broken.
I am too far out in the boonies for any one to come and service it, but I might check and replace the parts myself and see what happens.

Maybe I can email Samsung and ask. My set is over five years old and I expected to be blown off by them.
Thanks for responding. I didn't think anyone would as this is an old thread.

The new firmware that bricked my 2653H is T-BP26AUS0-2024. I would be willing to try any version and see what happens.
So I will try checking the board for blown parts and if anyone has any firmware I can download, I will try that too.

Thanks!
Roy
post #3877 of 3883 Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oswaldtv View Post

Maybe I can email Samsung and ask.

If I remember correctly, the service call for bad caps needed to be generated by a phone call. It might be worth a quick search of this thread or reading back several pages.
post #3878 of 3883 Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTarHeel View Post

It might be worth a quick search of this thread or reading back several pages.

Excellent. I will do that and let you know. It will take awhile as windstream dsl in rural Arkansas only works for short periods of time.

Thanks again,
Roy
post #3879 of 3883 Old 10-29-2013, 05:39 AM

I have a Samsung LN-T4042H that "flashes" on and off.  It looks like it's on, but the display goes off, then on, then off, then on, and continues doing that as long as the power is on.  The cycle is about half a second for each on and each off.  Does anyone have any idea which component is acting up?  I'm not afraid of taking the back off and replacing a part.

Thanks in advance,

CR

post #3880 of 3883 Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Ranger View Post

I have a Samsung LN-T4042H that "flashes" on and off.  It looks like it's on, but the display goes off, then on, then off, then on, and continues doing that as long as the power is on.  The cycle is about half a second for each on and each off.  Does anyone have any idea which component is acting up?  I'm not afraid of taking the back off and replacing a part.

Thanks in advance,

CR

Could be the bad capacitor problem. When mine had the problem, it would click a bunch of times (5-60+ seconds) before the screen turned on, but the problem could potentially manifest itself differently. I called Samsung and they sent someone out to fix mine. According to this article, however, you only had until this past September to file a claim. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/how-samsung-spent-300-fixing-my-out-of-warranty-tvs-click-of-death/
post #3881 of 3883 Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 AM

Tu13es, Thanks for the reply,

I'll follow up on that article, and post back what the ultimate outcome is.  Any idea which specific board was affected?  This weekend, I'll pull the back off and see if any capacitors are evidently bulging/poppped/leaking/drinkingtoomuchbourbon.

I did send an email to Samsung's technical support.  They diagnosed the problem as "power cycling", and advised that I "check to see if you are using a surge protector that may be bad" and "plug it in to another AC outlet".  I figured it would be a waste of time, but there was no harm in trying.

CR

post #3882 of 3883 Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There are some repair videos that are very good on youtube. The guy shows you exactly how to fix the bad caps and which one they are and I think he even gave you some radio shack part numbers for some different caps so you dont have the problem reoccur. I may still have those videos if you cant locate them on youtube.

Edit: here they are part 1 and 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm51C_RDIZE
post #3883 of 3883 Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My LN-T3242H has started to have a strange problem where it will spontaneously stop responding to the "Channel Up" and "Channel Down" buttons on the remote ... every other button on the remote continues to work, and I can enter channel numbers directly or use the buttons on the side of the TV to change channels. Turning the TV off/on doesn't fix it; replacing the batteries in the remote doesn't fix it. But unplugging the TV, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in DOES fix it. At least for a while, until it again stops responding to the remote.

What that heck?!

Only idea I've had is that perhaps a power surge or something caused some firmware corruption. Sounds far-fetched, but I have not other ideas. I was going to try reflashing the firmware, but I see that I've got 1031 firmware onboard, and the only available download at Samsung.com says 1030. So not even sure if I should try.

Last edited by mc510; 09-17-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page