New 32" LCD - what to look for? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Moving to a house, I'm going to get 32" LCD, which later will go to a bedroom. I realise that there are few factors to consider, and I'm looking for your advise on making the most optimal choice (bang per buck).

It's real-world usage will be mostly sTV (digital cable), few available in Canada HDTV channels, and upscaling DVD. No HDDVD/BlueRay - by the time I'll get HDDVD/BlueRay player this TV will go to bedroom, and I'll be getting something in 50"- 60" range...

Considering most of the time this TV will be kind of secondary, I don't want to go too fancy and pay for useless stuff, but I still want the best possible picture quality - considering size and available video sources. I guess video engine quality is more important here then resolution.

Now, in stores I see 32" Samsungs, Sony, Philips... Each brand has its advantages and disadvantages...

What do you say - what brand or even model would be the most effective and optimal choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-03-2007, 08:44 PM

check out the toshiba 32hl67. It can be had for a pretty good price for a brand new set.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM

i have just purchased the toshiba 32hl67 for 900 us dollars and could not be more satisfied. picture is stunning. i use as a bedroom tv and have been wathing it over my samsung 46 dlp. i have a hidef set top on the samsung not the toshiba but when programing it i can receive 7 hidef channels because of the quam card. i split the signal and i can also receive on demand hi def from my other box. if you are interested i can give more info on this. i am thinking of purcaseing a 42 hl67 for living room . it is a fantastic tv for a great price
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page