Official LG LB5D Owners Thread (37LB5D, 42LB5D, 47LB5D, 52LB5D) - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1455 Old 12-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
take a look at pic from last post...kinda stumped..need suggestions

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1455 Old 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM

I have a 42LB5DF-UL and am having the same problem as others, where when you turn to tv on, the green light flashes and the sound comes on, but no picture. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

My experience with this problem has been on-going for a while now. It hasn't really gotten too much worse. Seems to happen once or twice a week. Every now and then, I have to cycle the tv on and off a few times before the picture comes on. I have noticed, as others have, that if the tv is left OFF for a longer period, there is a better chance the issue will occur.

I have also notice that the issue tends to occur after using my hdmi connected dvd player. If I watch a dvd or divx with the player and then shut off the player while the tv is still on the dvd source, there is a good chance the issue will occur the next day. Seems far fetched, but it has happened enough times that I think there is a link. Something about the tv not sensing an active hdmi connection or something.

Any advice or experiences from others on resolving this issue would be appreciated!
post #1443 of 1455 Old 02-19-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lguser54 View Post

I have a 42LB5DF-UL and am having the same problem as others, where when you turn to tv on, the green light flashes and the sound comes on, but no picture. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

My experience with this problem has been on-going for a while now. It hasn't really gotten too much worse. Seems to happen once or twice a week. Every now and then, I have to cycle the tv on and off a few times before the picture comes on. I have noticed, as others have, that if the tv is left OFF for a longer period, there is a better chance the issue will occur.

I have also notice that the issue tends to occur after using my hdmi connected dvd player. If I watch a dvd or divx with the player and then shut off the player while the tv is still on the dvd source, there is a good chance the issue will occur the next day. Seems far fetched, but it has happened enough times that I think there is a link. Something about the tv not sensing an active hdmi connection or something.

Any advice or experiences from others on resolving this issue would be appreciated!

Hey Lguser. From my case I wouldn't be too worried about this. This happened to me when my TV was under warranty so I had a tech come see it. First he changed the power board, but I still had this issue. Then, he apparently got specific instructions from the LG head office about how to deal with this. What he did was he opened up a small hole somewhere near or on the inverter board. And then he taped the hole up with transparent tape so the hole wasn't too exposed. worked fine for 2 months and then the problem happened again. I had him come back in and he just removed the tape to see if that would help. More than a year down the line and I haven't had the same issue again. He said it was an issue of a light sensor not getting enough light to trigger off the LCD. Not much of techie so I can't exactly tell you what that means, but my guess would be that the problem should not deteriorate very much over time. If its under warranty, I would suggest getting it looked at, but if its not, I wouldn't worry too much at this point.
post #1444 of 1455 Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OisacX View Post

HI guys, I was wondering if anyone have bought a ps3 slim and make it work with the 42lb5df-ul in 1080p. The ps3 works fine in 480p-720p-1080i. The problem is when I set it to 1080p, i got flickers or white dots crossing. I tried it with 2 ps3 slim, 3 different hdmi v1.3 cables, always the same thing. One thing tho, those flickers and dots only appers in the XBM menu or while watching an upconverted dvd to 1080p. When I watch a bluray, no dots or flickering. Quite a strange problem to have, and I was wondering if I am the only one with this kinda problem. The tv works also fine with xbox in 1080p.

Would be pleased to get some info about this...

I just got rid of my 42LB5D that wouldn't work with my PS3 slim in 1080P - It had audio drops, which would occur with a flicker of the screen and then no audio. The picture seemed fine besides that. I had to adjust the volume up or down to get it to work again. Strange thing is that my Panasonic Blu-ray player worked fine with the TV in 1080p, so it's was something with the PS3. My new Panasonic GT25 plasma works great with the PS3.
post #1445 of 1455 Old 03-05-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I've been having the same problem with my 42LBFD for the last few months. I turn it on, green light flickers then goes steady, sound but no video. I need to turn it off then back on several times before video comes up.
Did you ever figure out what was wrong and/or how much it would cost to fix?

Thanks.

I am having this same on/off issue - green light blinks then goes steady on but no picture (sometimes sound), turn off/on a few times and it might come on normally - getting progressively worse.

Has anyone ever figured out the root cause and what parts to replace?

Thanks
Al
post #1446 of 1455 Old 03-06-2011, 08:04 AM

I'm having the same issue. Power light flickers but power takes an hour to come on. LG says sorry, you're out of warranty. Tech wants 300 to come out. Says it's the power supply
post #1447 of 1455 Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 AM

Sounds like OEM has known about this issue for years and refuses to address it.
Anyone want to get a class-action lawsuit going over this ?
post #1448 of 1455 Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM

I've had a strange issue crop up lately. I have an LG 42LB5DF-UL model TV hooked up to an HTPC with an NVidia ION chip over HDMI. I used to have it on HDMI 3 on the TV for a while and it detected everything fine and life was good. Then one day, it stopped detecting it has HDMI and instead was detecting it as DVI.

I was very confused.. tried reinstalling drivers and new HDMI cable and all. Nothing worked so I randomly tried a different HDMI port switching it to HDMI 2. All was fine again! So I was content.. worked fine again for a few months. Then HDMI 2 did the same thing!!

Now I'm left with just HDMI 1 and am worried what I'll do when that power runs out. Any idea what's going on here? Seems to be TV related and nothing to do with my computer itself. Maybe the TV isn't pushing out the right info over the HDMI anymore to the computer. Is there a way to "reset" the TV's firmware or something to clear out anything that may be stored.

Thoughts?
post #1449 of 1455 Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 AM

Hello all.....New to the forum... I have a 47LB5D... I had some problems when it was under warranty and a local service came out and replaced the logic board(part with all the HDMI and Input connections on it) and when they went to plug the speakers in they told me they dont have the same connector....I told the repairman I dont use them and to leave them unplugged....I use surround sound. I am moving the TV into the bedroom and when the fix the speakers. When I pulled the board off my tv's speakers are one plug and the logic board is 2. I looked at what was printed on the circuit board and matched the pins and the connectors and found that the speakers still dont work....They only buzz when switching inputs. Any Idea's???
post #1450 of 1455 Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Hey guys/gals..

My nephew has this TV and plays a ton of PS3 ... mainly Call of Duty..
I asked him if the TV has "game" mode and he said that he looked and couldn't find it in the menu system.

I downloaded the manual and the only thing I could find was an input label and showed "game" .. but I couldn't tell if this was actually a setting or something that a user could custom name.

Do you guys know if there's a LG predefined "game" mode that would help with video lag?

I haven't checked the gaming lag post yet, but have any of you tested the lag on this TV?

If there's not a game mode , do you have any recommendations on what to turn off (video processing wise) to help with lag?
post #1451 of 1455 Old 11-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollums View Post

Hey guys/gals..

My nephew has this TV and plays a ton of PS3 ... mainly Call of Duty..
I asked him if the TV has "game" mode and he said that he looked and couldn't find it in the menu system.

I downloaded the manual and the only thing I could find was an input label and showed "game" .. but I couldn't tell if this was actually a setting or something that a user could custom name.

Do you guys know if there's a LG predefined "game" mode that would help with video lag?

I haven't checked the gaming lag post yet, but have any of you tested the lag on this TV?

If there's not a game mode , do you have any recommendations on what to turn off (video processing wise) to help with lag?

an LB5D doesnt have much in the way of modes (video processing options).

as for an input labeled "game" i think that is mostly marketing so the sales guy can say "look, it even has an input for gaming", when its just a plain 'ol input.

and just to note, for tv/dvd my 47LB5D blows away my 55LX5500 !!
post #1452 of 1455 Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Nice! I'm planning to buy the new computer monitor. I like your informetion.
post #1453 of 1455 Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 AM

If anyone has a stand from a 42" LG I would be interested in a purchase. I grabbed this TV from a friend who didn't have the stand anymore because he wall mounted. Can't wall mount in my new condo. Need that stand!!!!

If you have one, please pm me!
post #1454 of 1455 Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Could you take a picture and show us by any chance?
post #1455 of 1455 Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 PM

Hello,

I have a LG 42LB5D LCD.

While watching the NCAA championship game today, my picture went out. I assumed it was my cable box, so I restarted it. Once it was done rebooting, I tried to turn the TV off with my remote but nothing happened. I then tried to change the channel and input source, and tried to bring up the menu screen and nothing happened (this was all with the remote). I then tried all the same things manually and nothing. The TV is registering the commands because the green LED light is flashing whenever I enter a command, with the remote or manually, but nothing happens. I just get a black screen with the "No Signal" graphic.

I've unplugged all cables that were connected to the TV (HDMI, Chromecast, Wii sensor) including the power cord and let the TV sit for over an hour. I reconnected the power cord and it turned on by itself; still stuck on the "No Signal" screen, and not registering any commands through the remote or manually.

I hope I this can be fixed. I've had the TV since 2007 with no issues.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page