Official Samsung LN-TXX61F/65F/66F Owner's Thread III - with *updated* first post. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Member
 
uscg6870's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just to mention a couple of things about my TV ,,, 4061 , as an update ,, I also get the green/pink flash every so often , also one night lost signal completely through HDMI , worked through all other sources , and yeat screen turn like solid snow and the program would flash on and off ,,, the 1st time I pulled the hdmi cable and put it back , then shut tv and put on and it worked ok again ,, with the snow screen i shut the tv and turned back on and it worked ,,, I not sure what this is called , i guess handshake problems ,,, samsung is sending a tech out to look at it , the tech called and said if it hdmi connection problem they will have to change (i think he said) the mother board, he is also supposed to run the firmware update although you can do that your self if you have a usb flash drive ,, if anyone knows of other question i can ask the tech to clear up these problems , let me know and i'' repot back tomm night after they come ,,,
uscg6870 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Norse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
come on you slacker, williamG. Did the port savers fix your flashes and dropouts?

Samsung 4665f 1028/1008 flawless
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3
8300HD
onkyo 605
panamax filtration
Norse is offline  
post #93 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Norse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg6870 View Post

just to mention a couple of things about my TV ,,, 4061 , as an update ,, I also get the green/pink flash every so often , also one night lost signal completely through HDMI , worked through all other sources , and yeat screen turn like solid snow and the program would flash on and off ,,, the 1st time I pulled the hdmi cable and put it back , then shut tv and put on and it worked ok again ,, with the snow screen i shut the tv and turned back on and it worked ,,, I not sure what this is called , i guess handshake problems ,,, samsung is sending a tech out to look at it , the tech called and said if it hdmi connection problem they will have to change (i think he said) the mother board, he is also supposed to run the firmware update although you can do that your self if you have a usb flash drive ,, if anyone knows of other question i can ask the tech to clear up these problems , let me know and i'' repot back tomm night after they come ,,,


ask him if the good hdmi ports started with the 1005 editions.....or ask him what the 2 lines in the firmware mean.

T-TULPAUS0-1022 MAR 20 2007 15:13:55
T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][46(AMW)-INCH]

Samsung 4665f 1028/1008 flawless
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3
8300HD
onkyo 605
panamax filtration
Norse is offline  
post #94 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Member
 
orangedrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskaz View Post

Sorry to hear that. Like I said my set was initial cloud free out of the box but only after lying it face down did one appear. Maybe it's a different "type" (in the way it developed) of cloud.

UPDATE: Well today on my lunch it looked like my clouds have moved.. Instead of really bad Flashlights at the top I now have real bad ones at the bottom and less bad ones on the top... weirdness.

-O
orangedrone is offline  
post #95 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post

come on you slacker, williamG. Did the port savers fix your flashes and dropouts?

Will get to use my TV later on. I don't spend my life in front of my TV, as much as it may seem!
WilliamG is offline  
post #96 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Member
 
whiskaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedrone View Post

UPDATE: Well today on my lunch it looked like my clouds have moved.. Instead of really bad Flashlights at the top I now have real bad ones at the bottom and less bad ones on the top... weirdness.

-O

Gotta make the distinction - do you have flashlights (light bleeding in from a corner) or clouding (random blemish, anywhere on the screen)?

I don't think you'll get rid of the flashlights by "rubbing" them out. Those seem to be heat/other related.
whiskaz is online now  
post #97 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmole View Post

Specifically which ones are you using? I've seen two different types on monoprice.com, for example - the ones that basically look like hdmi cord extenders and the others that are single-piece (no cord) that almost look like an adaptor.

Thanks.

See post #1...a picture is worth a thousand words

Monoprice doesn't have the best search engine; that other one that comes up is for VGA, not HDMI, I think?
Transcend is offline  
post #98 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Member
 
Haight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sacramento CA.
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just to take a HDMI Flashing break ...

Samsung & LG Form the World's Largest Display Alliance ...

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=20430

I wonder if LG has better HDMI ports
Haight is offline  
post #99 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
OK, just turned on my 360 Elite to play some Forza 2 demo, and got a pink flash within 2 minutes on HDMI2. I guess port savers don't help.
WilliamG is offline  
post #100 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
An update: I returned my 4665F to Amazon for a laundry list of reasons; they picked it up from my house last Thursday (for free). I was told to expect 4 weeks for them to receive the TV and process the refund.

My husband was worried about paying for another TV before the refund was finalized. However we had nothing to worry about; today, just 5 days after pick-up (including a weekend), Amazon sent me a polite confirmation email specifying the full amount has already been refunded.
Transcend is offline  
post #101 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

OK, just turned on my 360 Elite to play some Forza 2 demo, and got a pink flash within 2 minutes on HDMI2. I guess port savers don't help.

You're just using a port saver on the TV end, right?
Transcend is offline  
post #102 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcend View Post

You're just using a port saver on the TV end, right?

Correct.
WilliamG is offline  
post #103 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post

Samsung & LG Form the World's Largest Display Alliance ...

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=20430

I wonder if LG has better HDMI ports

Standardization is goooood


Quote:


to standardise panels, equipment and materials

Transcend is offline  
post #104 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Port savers don't help. The end. I didn't expect them to, and only really bought them because of the fragility of the HDMI port. It's all in Samsung's hands now.
WilliamG is offline  
post #105 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
And just got another pink flash from my 360. That's two in 30 minutes.
WilliamG is offline  
post #106 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
utee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Anyone have any issues while connecting the pc via vga on their sets? I noticed today while looking at the sprint.com website i noticed some shadows or i guess "ghosting" on some of the letters. I also notice on my desktop icons some shadow or "ghosting." I have a blank black screen with the desktop icons. Is this just my video card (Geforce 4 TI4200) or my tv? I don't seem to have this issue on other devices like my STB or dvd player.

anyone have any help on this issue? has anyone run into this type of problem while using vga? i will try and take some pics later on tonight and post them up to help give a better idea.
utee05 is offline  
post #107 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I tend to notice ghosting or shadows when using VGA graphics cards with digital display devices. After using DVI/HDMI, there's no going back. That's probably your issue, especially since the Ti4200 is not a great 2D graphics card. I'd get a new Geforce card or something like that for not very much money and use a DVI-HDMI cable to connect it to the TV. You'll see an immense improvement.
WilliamG is offline  
post #108 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Newbie
 
Gort 100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by komari View Post

Beat me to the punch! I was really hoping the the mainboard replacement would to the trick - but also worried about the new lighting issues!

Norse, Gort100 and anyone else with a HDMI problem free set - could you first confirm that you have the same mainboard number (I'm assuming it is the second line in the Firmware info). From tracking these threads I think the trouble free reports began with number 1005. It appears that the firmware itself doesn't do the trick.

Gort1000 - please let us know if you can tweak your settings to get rid of the pillars using Norse's settings.

The good: since yesterdays mainboard change I have yet to experience any HDCP hiccups - no signal loss, no flashes.

The bad: I have just tried Norse's settings and what I call flashlighting might be slightly diminished, but not gone. Just in case we are describing different things -

if you imagine the scene at the end of a movie when the credits are rolling: the center portion, where the names are, is perfect (White lettering on a pure plack background).

However, on either side of the screen, uniformly from the top of the screen to the bottom, from the edge out 10 inches, there is a sort of ghostly light that comes through from under the black. It is not visible in bright scenes - surfing, hockey etc. But indoor and night scenes - I can see it. I have not yet tried the "polishing cloth" remedy. If it works I will post again.

Norses firmware information from his upgraded board:

T-TULPAUS0-1022 MAR 20 2007 15:13:55
T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][46(AMW)-INCH]

My Firmware Info: same except for model
T-TULPAUSO-1022 MAR 20 2007
T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][52(AMW)-INCH]

The assumption has been that the first line refers to the firmware version, and the second refers to the hardware revision. I dont know if this has been confirmed or not, but lets assume it is so and lets also assume that the HDCP issue on my set is now resolved.

The conclusion is that the fix was not the result of a firmware change - I had an even more recent firmware version 1024 before the fix. But my old board was a 1004, not a 1005.
So the main board would appear to be both the cause of and the solution to the HDCP problem.

Anyway I am content to keep the set and enjoy the fantastic PQ for sports, late night talk shows etc and put up with the occasional issue in those relatively rare darker scenes.

I will continue to lurk and follow the owners forum saga.
Gort 100 is offline  
post #109 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort 100 View Post

However, on either side of the screen, uniformly from the top of the screen to the bottom, from the edge out 10 inches

Wow, that's a lot of screenage
Transcend is offline  
post #110 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm particularly interested in that bottom line:

T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][52(AMW)-INCH]

The 1005 is most interesting to me. Is there anyone with a xx61 series TV with a 1005 on the bottom line? I know mine is 1004. This, as we have assumed, is the hardware revision, not the software.

Also, anyone with a 1005 on the bottom line having handshaking issues?

Trying to narrow this down would be great.
WilliamG is offline  
post #111 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Newbie
 
rabbid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i've had my ln-t4665f for 2 weeks now. the first few days the picture quality was good. after a few tweaks and days went by, the picture quality has become more beautiful. i have a sony kv-32hv600 crt hdtv and my samsung blows it away. xbox 360 and hd movies are so beautiful. no clouding or banding from what i can tell. i love this tv. colors and black levels are comparable to my crt. hooked up my pc and compared it to my sony gdm-fw900 monitor and all i can say is that i did not want to connect my pc back to my monitor. now i want the 52" version. will be buying a ps3 to try with it next, since the xbox 360 looks so gorgeous. if you do not have it,go out and buy it.
rabbid is offline  
post #112 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
utee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I tend to notice ghosting or shadows when using VGA graphics cards with digital display devices. After using DVI/HDMI, there's no going back. That's probably your issue, especially since the Ti4200 is not a great 2D graphics card. I'd get a new Geforce card or something like that for not very much money and use a DVI-HDMI cable to connect it to the TV. You'll see an immense improvement.

thanks for your help. i'll look into getting a new graphics card, though i am planning on building a new htpc over the summer so i may just wait till then.
utee05 is offline  
post #113 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Norse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
first things first....my 4665f came with that board from factory. I bought it at best buy last thursday. This is not a replacement board so it seems sammy has these good ones in the wild.

2nd - Those pillars of light you noticed ar not flashlight. They are pillars. hehe....any way, next time you notice them, move so you are sitting directly in front of them and see if they are still there. If they are, you have the pillars. If not, it just might be you are sitting too close to the screen and the angle is the cause. It seems these sets lack a huge view range.

Sorry to hear WilliamG port savers didnt work. Time to get that board exchanged for a 1005.

So Samsug akes a deal with LG and Sony already has a lcd panel agreement with samsung as well.....soon it will be a 1 lcd world. lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort 100 View Post

However, on either side of the screen, uniformly from the top of the screen to the bottom, from the edge out 10 inches, there is a sort of ghostly light that comes through from under the black. It is not visible in bright scenes - surfing, hockey etc. But indoor and night scenes - I can see it. I have not yet tried the "polishing cloth" remedy. If it works I will post again.

Norses firmware information from his upgraded board:

T-TULPAUS0-1022 MAR 20 2007 15:13:55
T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][46(AMW)-INCH]

My Firmware Info: same except for model
T-TULPAUSO-1022 MAR 20 2007
T-TULPAUS5-1005 CS[F552][52(AMW)-INCH]

The assumption has been that the first line refers to the firmware version, and the second refers to the hardware revision. I dont know if this has been confirmed or not, but lets assume it is so and lets also assume that the HDCP issue on my set is now resolved.

The conclusion is that the fix was not the result of a firmware change - I had an even more recent firmware version 1024 before the fix. But my old board was a 1004, not a 1005.
So the main board would appear to be both the cause of and the solution to the HDCP problem.

Anyway I am content to keep the set and enjoy the fantastic PQ for sports, late night talk shows etc and put up with the occasional issue in those relatively rare darker scenes.

I will continue to lurk and follow the owners forum saga.


Samsung 4665f 1028/1008 flawless
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3
8300HD
onkyo 605
panamax filtration
Norse is offline  
post #114 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post

first things first....my 4665f came with that board from factory. I bought it at best buy last thursday. This is not a replacement board so it seems sammy has these good ones in the wild.

2nd - Those pillars of light you noticed ar not flashlight. They are pillars. hehe....any way, next time you notice them, move so you are sitting directly in front of them and see if they are still there. If they are, you have the pillars. If not, it just might be you are sitting too close to the screen and the angle is the cause. It seems these sets lack a huge view range.

Sorry to hear WilliamG port savers didnt work. Time to get that board exchanged for a 1005.

So Samsug akes a deal with LG and Sony already has a lcd panel agreement with samsung as well.....son it will be a 1 lcd world. lol


I think there are people with HDMI issues with the 1005 hardware revision. Didn't all the 65 screens come with 1005?

Gah this is a nightmare to pin down.
WilliamG is offline  
post #115 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Member
 
Norgster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased a 4065 online (getting it monday) after reading good reviews and seeing it first hand at Best Buy and CC. Picture quality on the store, HD anyway, looked hands down the best. After reading this thread (and the previous ones) i am a bit nervous about my purchase.

But one thing I notice is that not many buyers of the 4065 have posted with problems. Neither with the 4061. Seems like more of a problem with the 46inchers. Does anyone here own a 4065 and have any comments about it?

Also, I realize that we spend alot on these tvs, but how much is nit picking and how much is an actual problem? Ive been on quite a few other sites, and noone else is experiencing these types of problems that arent already common with LCDs. In fact, many of them state they dont have clouding/handshaking/color issues with the ln-t40xx. Also, it would be nice to know what your doing with these tvs. Are they on all day? Are they against the wall? Do you have surge protectors on these bad boys incase theres a small power spike? Sorry for the long overdrawn post, Id just like to sort things out in this thread a bit.

If anyone owns a 4065f please pm and tell me about. Thanks!
Norgster is offline  
post #116 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
Norse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I think there are people with HDMI issues with the 1005 hardware revision. Didn't all the 65 screens come with 1005?

Gah this is a nightmare to pin down.


hehe..yes it is. You sure other 1005 people had issues? I cant remember anyone but board swap people saying they had 1005 boards. Besides myself.

Samsung 4665f 1028/1008 flawless
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3
8300HD
onkyo 605
panamax filtration
Norse is offline  
post #117 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Norse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The smaller the panel, the less chance there is for clouding, pillars, etc.

I use surge protection on all my toys..err electronics.


I would say there is some nit picking going on that the everyday owner wouldnt cry over..the hdmi issues are the most likely to upset everyone though. But the clouds, pillars, and such may never be noticed by joe consumer. We are just the freaks that fine tooth comb everything.

Truthfully I doubt I will have this same tv for more than 2 yrs tops. I never do as the next best thing arrives and I get it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgster View Post

I just recently purchased a 4065 online (getting it monday) after reading good reviews and seeing it first hand at Best Buy and CC. Picture quality on the store, HD anyway, looked hands down the best. After reading this thread (and the previous ones) i am a bit nervous about my purchase.

But one thing I notice is that not many buyers of the 4065 have posted with problems. Neither with the 4061. Seems like more of a problem with the 46inchers. Does anyone here own a 4065 and have any comments about it?

Also, I realize that we spend alot on these tvs, but how much is nit picking and how much is an actual problem? Ive been on quite a few other sites, and noone else is experiencing these types of problems that arent already common with LCDs. In fact, many of them state they dont have clouding/handshaking/color issues with the ln-t40xx. Also, it would be nice to know what your doing with these tvs. Are they on all day? Are they against the wall? Do you have surge protectors on these bad boys incase theres a small power spike? Sorry for the long overdrawn post, Id just like to sort things out in this thread a bit.

If anyone owns a 4065f please pm and tell me about. Thanks!


Samsung 4665f 1028/1008 flawless
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3
8300HD
onkyo 605
panamax filtration
Norse is offline  
post #118 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Member
 
rsohne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgster View Post

I just recently purchased a 4065 online (getting it monday) after reading good reviews and seeing it first hand at Best Buy and CC. Picture quality on the store, HD anyway, looked hands down the best. After reading this thread (and the previous ones) i am a bit nervous about my purchase.

But one thing I notice is that not many buyers of the 4065 have posted with problems. Neither with the 4061. Seems like more of a problem with the 46inchers. Does anyone here own a 4065 and have any comments about it?

Also, I realize that we spend alot on these tvs, but how much is nit picking and how much is an actual problem? Ive been on quite a few other sites, and noone else is experiencing these types of problems that arent already common with LCDs. In fact, many of them state they dont have clouding/handshaking/color issues with the ln-t40xx. Also, it would be nice to know what your doing with these tvs. Are they on all day? Are they against the wall? Do you have surge protectors on these bad boys incase theres a small power spike? Sorry for the long overdrawn post, Id just like to sort things out in this thread a bit.

If anyone owns a 4065f please pm and tell me about. Thanks!

I have a 4061 that flashes with pc,ps3 and xbox360 elite.
rsohne is offline  
post #119 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post

hehe..yes it is. You sure other 1005 people had issues? I cant remember anyone but board swap people saying they had 1005 boards. Besides myself.

I did some scanning through part II of this thread, and it seems that those with 1005 revisions to their mainboard do indeed have *no* issues thus far. However, since there's so few of you - many of whom aren't using 1080p devices - I can't conclusively...err...conclude that the problem is gone. However, I'm definitely interested in finding out who else of you have the new mainboards!

So, come out of the woodwork LN-T owners!
WilliamG is offline  
post #120 of 19613 Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Norgster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsohne View Post

I have a 4061 that flashes with pc,ps3 and xbox360 elite.

interesting. how often does this happen? and do you notice a varaince in occurances between pc/xbox/ps3? HDMI/DVI cable or VGA for the PC?
Norgster is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off