Official Samsung LN-TXX61F/65F/66F Owner's Thread III - with *updated* first post. - Page 646 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #19351 of 19625 Old 12-12-2010, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The TV is a Samsung LNT4061FX/XAA. Will try to call tomorrow and get a repair date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19352 of 19625 Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsubeachdude View Post

The TV is a Samsung LNT4061FX/XAA. Will try to call tomorrow and get a repair date.

I have the same exact model/chassis as yours (except for the screen size). Thanks for the updates.
post #19353 of 19625 Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Best Buy called today, they couldn't order the new panel any more so I got a new TV. Had to take the old one to the local store and after about an hour of waiting got a brand new Samsung 40" LN40C530F1F. Gotta love the Best Buy extended warranty! This one has an amazing picture, worlds better then before.. now just have to come up with $100 within 30 days to get the 4 yr warranty again. I'm very happy!
post #19354 of 19625 Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 PM

You lucked out with the extended warranty.........and even better with a brand new set.
post #19355 of 19625 Old 12-19-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:

Any updates?
post #19356 of 19625 Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM

All is the same. Just got back from Kona for a weekend. Nothing going on at work this week so will be able to call. Sure it will be an appointment after the Christmas holiday.
post #19357 of 19625 Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Very nice. Never been to Hawaii.

Happy Holidays!
post #19358 of 19625 Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM

I have an LN-T4665F that started showing pink dots all over the screen last week.

After reading up on other people's experiences here, I called Samsung during the evening at 1-800-SAMSUNG. I'm located Canada, but it is the same number.

I was told that to be eligible for the free capacitor replacement, the TV had to be slow to turn on and make clicking noises, and that pink dots alone were not enough.

Is this accurate?
post #19359 of 19625 Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Hey Crab...if you had read the posts completely, you have to mention the slow startup and restarts. They could care less about dots. But probably one of the capacitors causes the dots.
post #19360 of 19625 Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardagg View Post

Best Buy called today, they couldn't order the new panel any more so I got a new TV. Had to take the old one to the local store and after about an hour of waiting got a brand new Samsung 40" LN40C530F1F. Gotta love the Best Buy extended warranty! This one has an amazing picture, worlds better then before.. now just have to come up with $100 within 30 days to get the 4 yr warranty again. I'm very happy!

Mardagg,

Did the tech tell you how much it would have cost to replace if you didn't have the replacement contract? I'm thinking of using this as an excuse to upgrade and giving this TV to a friend of mine but he's asking how much it would cost to fix the TV and honestly, I have no idea. Is it even fixable?

Still searching for that elusive, "perfect" sound
Gamertag: Going Top Shelf
post #19361 of 19625 Old 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Evan S,
I am starting to have the same problems you have with the vertical "shadowing". Just had the capacitor problem fixed and thought that might resolve the issue but didn't. Of course I couldn't really see it when the tech was here, but he said the issue might be with the T-con board, I found one sight googling the problem that also suggested that may be the cause. Shadowing is not nearly as bad as on your set, and I don't really notice it unless I'm really looking. So I'm waiting to see if it gets worse before repairing.
post #19362 of 19625 Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Well, finally called Samsung today. First call sounded like everything was going fine until I got to the second person to schedule service. The second rep looked my unit up and said that it wasn't eligible for free service. She was nice but didn't know why and couldn't pass me on to a supervisor as there wasn't one on the floor. I offered to hold for half an hour if needed, but was told I couldn't tie up their line waiting. Ended call with them and called Samsung again.

On the second call, the rep looked my previous call up and I explained how my model definitely had the symptoms of the other units that seemed to be in service. She looked up the base model number and got back to me a few minutes later. They will send a rep out to look at the capacitors. If the capacitors aren't the issue, then I will be responsible for the bill. Not perfect after the responses I've read about on here. I might take the back off now and check out the capacitors and confirm before they come out. Don't really want to dick around with it but don't want to be pissed when someone tells me it's not the capacitors with the same symptoms for a year plus. Will try to question about the brightness issue too when he is here.
post #19363 of 19625 Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:

Well, finally called Samsung today. First call sounded like everything was going fine until I got to the second person to schedule service. The second rep looked my unit up and said that it wasn't eligible for free service. She was nice but didn't know why and couldn't pass me on to a supervisor as there wasn't one on the floor. I offered to hold for half an hour if needed, but was told I couldn't tie up their line waiting. Ended call with them and called Samsung again.

On the second call, the rep looked my previous call up and I explained how my model definitely had the symptoms of the other units that seemed to be in service. She looked up the base model number and got back to me a few minutes later. They will send a rep out to look at the capacitors. If the capacitors aren't the issue, then I will be responsible for the bill. Not perfect after the responses I've read about on here. I might take the back off now and check out the capacitors and confirm before they come out. Don't really want to dick around with it but don't want to be pissed when someone tells me it's not the capacitors with the same symptoms for a year plus. Will try to question about the brightness issue too when he is here.

fsu,

I can absolutely bet that your capacitors are bad. And I have my money on the 10V capacitors. There are 3 of them on that board.
post #19364 of 19625 Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM

My 4665F is three years old now and takes about 8mins to turn on with pink dots.This started about 1yr ago.Found this thread and contacted Samsung.Rep said it qualifies for free repair and will send tech out,no questions asked.Impressed with first customer service call with Samsung!
post #19365 of 19625 Old 12-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Finally got around to soldering my new caps on my 4665f board and it works! $7 in caps saved me $3500 for a new TV. Thanks everyone!
post #19366 of 19625 Old 01-01-2011, 11:58 PM

Technician came yesterday and replaced my caps. TV is turning on normally again for the first time in over a year. Dimness issue is not fixed and is probably the panel so will have to deal with it for now. Looks ok with backlight and brightness way up so will not replace for now.
post #19367 of 19625 Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:

Technician came yesterday and replaced my caps. TV is turning on normally again for the first time in over a year. Dimness issue is not fixed and is probably the panel so will have to deal with it for now. Looks ok with backlight and brightness way up so will not replace for now.

Thanks for the update! Is the technician absolutely sure its the panel the cause of the dim dark picture?

Running the LCD with the brightness and backlight turned up to the max is generally not good for the life of the set.
post #19368 of 19625 Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM

After reading this article and my Samsung LN4665FX/xaa doing the same exact thing, I called Samsung and discussed with them the symptoms I had. Called Dec. 21st 2010, and they contacted a repair rep. Samsung said the same thing about a Onetime service call, and that if this was not related to the problem then I would be responsible for the call. I'm an engineer myself, so I could have fixed the problem, but for a free call to fix the problem, I'll leave it to the experts. The rep called that night and they came out the next day, replaced both capacitors and the TV turned on without a problem. I asked the tech about how many has he fixed (this problem only) and mentioned that at least 3 a week. Way to go Samsung and step up to the plate on this. I have a feeling that the design engineer on this model tree of TV most likely doesn't work with Samsung anymore, but I've got to believe that his boss was looking to cut cost, and still maintain a product that will outlast its warranty. My TV was bought in 2006 of November, so again, I applaud you Samsung, great job. I will buy your TV again, and again.
post #19369 of 19625 Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Wow what a savior this thread is. I have a LNT 4665 that I bought in May of 2007 and a 2yr extended warranty and for the past month it is up to 4 min to turn on "Click..Click...Click" and then has pink dots...I cycle the power and it's good to go until it's off for 30+ min and does it again...Time to call Samsung and see what I can get done...

Also, something I haven't seen addressed, but something else i have discovered is Audio cutting out on the optical out from my TV to receiver. I have been experiencing clipping audio and through tinkering have realized that it is caused by a misalignment of the optical laser and the cable at the output from the tv...I gues that the rotating axis of the tv has worked it loose left right over the years and now it doesn't sit straight when you tilt the TV..
Tonight it was driving me nuts so i sought to figure it out. If it slowly slide the connector left and right on the output it will drop the signal...I don't now if it's a flaw in the connector set up or I need a "Deeper" tip on my audio cable. It's a decent quality 6ft cable optical cable.
Anyone else experience/discover this problem?
post #19370 of 19625 Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 PM

thanks to this post i got my LNT4065F fixed on Tuesday. As stated by the rep..a one time free of charge service if it has to do with bad capacitors i had the tech also removed all the dust that had accumulated over the years. Same symptoms as everyone...slow to turn on, pink dots, clicking sound!!! Thanks everyone! TV's just like new now ; )
post #19371 of 19625 Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Update : Tech replaced capacitors in my tv and all is good again.He also updated software from the original factory version,bonus.Thanks to this thread my tv is almost new again.
post #19372 of 19625 Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM

This is hilarious. I just bought a new Samsung UN55C6500 on Dec 22 so I could put my old LN-T5265 in the basement.

The Samsung tech was here looking at my new TV for flashlighting issue already.

I went the basement TV, turned it on and noticed the entire screen was covered with pink dots. Odd...freaked me out. turned it off and back on and figured the motherboard hung or something. Then decided to look at this old thread and noticed this is a known issue. So is Samsung doing this for free? To bad I this happened after the Samsung tech left the house...
post #19373 of 19625 Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Just wanted to add my voice to this discussion. I just had 4 swollen capacitors on our 2007 LNT4061's power board replaced today for free. This tv had just started to show the signs about 3 weeks ago - first it was purple dots/lines on startup - more than likely due to inadequate voltage being sent somewhere and then the more common, "two clicks and 30 seconds before it came on" symptom which started happening last week. I put in a service request via Samsung last Thursday and their company came out today which was good turn around time as far as I'm concerned. In talking with the field engineer who replaced them, he did say it is best to replace them early since otherwise you can get cascading failures - inadequate voltage could cause some other circuitry in the panel to fail or the power board itself to fail completely eventually. So, if anyone is experiencing a delayed turn on with multiple clicks for tvs from this model line, you should contact Samsung regarding the free one time replacement of the power board's capacitors.

cheers,

--tom
post #19374 of 19625 Old 01-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Samsung Canada booked an appt to fix my pink dots issue on my LN-T5265F. Free
post #19375 of 19625 Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMH2O View Post
Or now that they will let me post a link: xxxxx
I've tweaked up my 4661 with the user available controls and have been very pleased with the results. And yet, I know that one can often get even better results by going deeper into the menus.

Will your tweaks/settings also work with the 4661? Do I access the controls the same way?

Thanks!

Ed
post #19376 of 19625 Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Recently I noticed that tan skin tones started to get a pink hue to them? I have a HTPC hooked up and only noticed it on it. When connected my blu ray player or xbox the problem is not there. Is this a TV problem or HTPC?
post #19377 of 19625 Old 01-14-2011, 09:35 PM

Ed, you might try the settings. Just DON'T calibrate the HDMI!
post #19378 of 19625 Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 AM

I had the pink dots start appearing about a month ago. Then, a few days later the long startup times began. I just got off the phone with Samsung support and a service tech will call me to schedule a repair date. I was given the same notice about them doing a free 1 time service for the capacitors and if the problem is something else they will not cover it.

My TV was assembled in May 2007. (P5)
post #19379 of 19625 Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMH2O View Post

Ed, you might try the settings. Just DON'T calibrate the HDMI!

OK, will do. I've tweaked my set using two calibration DVDs with fine-tuning referencing postings here and my own eyes.

It looks damn good (IMHO).

Where - in your experience - am I most likely to see further improvements?

Ed
post #19380 of 19625 Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomisunrider View Post

I had the pink dots start appearing about a month ago. Then, a few days later the long startup times began. I just got off the phone with Samsung support and a service tech will call me to schedule a repair date. I was given the same notice about them doing a free 1 time service for the capacitors and if the problem is something else they will not cover it.

My TV was assembled in May 2007. (P5)

Just to verify, is your TV a 2007 or 2008 model?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page