Official Samsung LN-TXX61F/65F/66F Owner's Thread III - with *updated* first post. - Page 649 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #19441 of 19613 Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

Anyone knows the input lag of the unit (4665f)? I am looking for a tv to replace this one but would one something as fast or faster, since i didn't feel any lag.

Thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19442 of 19613 Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've had the "bad capacitor, slow turn on" issue. I spoke to Samsung last week, they came today and in less than 15 minutes swapped out three bad caps... TV works fine now. No charge.
post #19443 of 19613 Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox1541 View Post

I am now getting this same thing.. it sometimes goes away after a few minutes, but it seems to be hanging around longer.

I replaced the caps when I had the slow turn on and clicking issues but I haven't seen too many responses about this vertical darkness issue

It this finally the end of this set

thanks

My 4661f was doing this exact same thing a few months back, almost identical. Extended warranty company came and deemed one of the boards was bad. They could not manage to find any replacement parts for the TV though, so they declared it unrepairable and paid me out.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #19444 of 19613 Old 07-23-2011, 12:13 PM

Hello,

Clearly, I missed the boat regarding this thread when it left the harbor. I learned of AVS Forum and this thread to support my -4061F some time ago. Life has been too busy... Regardless, I expect to learn a lot from reading the content of the official threads for this LCD. We use our -4061F rarely or, infrequently, at most so I expect it to have a lengthy life. We are happy with it but I should read the Calibration Procedure posts immediately.

I joined today to learn more about this panel and obtain information for building a HT PC well suited to interface with it. I have an older P3-866 and two Atom N270 netbooks that are not sufficient for these purposes.

Additionally, I need to ask if someone can send me a copy of the driver that came on the CD with the LCD. I checked to see if someone might have posted it here but I was unsuccessful in locating it if it is available in this thread. I misplaced my documentation and was unable to obtain the driver from Samsung or the parts company they referred me to. I do find my T260HD driver posted on Samsung's support site but I know where the documentation is for it...

I welcome any suggestions of advice regarding use, care and maintenance of our -4061F.

Thanks,

Rick
post #19445 of 19613 Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVC1 View Post

Hello,

Clearly, I missed the boat regarding this thread when it left the harbor. I learned of AVS Forum and this thread to support my -4061F some time ago. Life has been too busy... Regardless, I expect to learn a lot from reading the content of the official threads for this LCD. We use our -4061F rarely or, infrequently, at most so I expect it to have a lengthy life. We are happy with it but I should read the Calibration Procedure posts immediately.

Rick

RAVC1
Well not sure what driver you are talking about, I have a 4661 and there was no CD that came with this TV.
I have an older 1ghz pc connected to my set and everything works just fine, great for games and watching online TV or video.

Another thing I wanted to share with everyone is that I recently bought a DTV HD antenna and the picture is better then Comcast as my area has not gone digital.
But most of all for the first time I am able to get 5.1 surround sound from the optical out connected to me receiver.
The receiver must be set to AFD Auto for the 5.1 to work so for those who have tried to get 5.1 from the optical cable here ya go.
post #19446 of 19613 Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Haven't read every post, but sometimes I wonder how many are like me and never had the first problem with their LN-T4665F or related TV. I bought mine in late March 2008 and have never had a moment where I was not pleased with the purchase. I use settings Norse posted in post 18 and have never changed anything or tried to update firmware.

Module: T-Tulsausc-1015, Date
Micom: Tulpauss-1011, ACL:Tulpause-1007
Kernel
post #19447 of 19613 Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Liked: 11
I know the quoted post is a few months old, but I just had Samsung tell me to piss up a rope too because my TV was too old for the free capacitor replacement. My 4665 is an April '07 model, and just started experiencing the slow start on/off click last week. The Samsung CS just told me that the oldest models eligible for free repair are April '08. She's not sure why there's a date cut-off for the work.

I'll just do the work myself, it's easy enough and there's plenty of info out there on how to do it. I'm disappointed with Samsung on this, but I'm not going to let it turn me off to their products in the future. This TV has put in 4 solid years of service and the fix is cheap/easy enough for me to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett View Post

I wonder why they were such d!cks to me. When my caps went bad (in May '10) Samsung told me that they would only cover TV's manufactured up to Feb '07. My TV was purchased in Aug '07 with a manufacturing date of Jul '07 and of course was out of warranty.

Total A-holes about it. Makes me want to go after them for my $200 to fix the caps.

post #19448 of 19613 Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM

I have a LN-T4061F that I bought in May '08. I have been very happy with this TV, until a few days ago a pencil thin vertical green line appeared about 8" from the right side. It appears on all HDMI inputs and with both my Comcast STB and my PS3. Is my TV toast or is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

PSN:Jibha

When I close my eyes at night, I see red boxes getting smaller. Is that a bad sign?
post #19449 of 19613 Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibha View Post

I have a LN-T4061F that I bought in May '08. I have been very happy with this TV, until a few days ago a pencil thin vertical green line appeared about 8" from the right side. It appears on all HDMI inputs and with both my Comcast STB and my PS3. Is my TV toast or is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

yeah, i've been having the vertical distorted garbage for about a month now. Previously it'd come off when I power cycled the TV, but now it appears permanent.

mine was bought during the 07 BF sale for reference (4066f)
post #19450 of 19613 Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeber24 View Post

I know the quoted post is a few months old, but I just had Samsung tell me to piss up a rope too because my TV was too old for the free capacitor replacement. My 4665 is an April '07 model, and just started experiencing the slow start on/off click last week. The Samsung CS just told me that the oldest models eligible for free repair are April '08. She's not sure why there's a date cut-off for the work.

I'll just do the work myself, it's easy enough and there's plenty of info out there on how to do it. I'm disappointed with Samsung on this, but I'm not going to let it turn me off to their products in the future. This TV has put in 4 solid years of service and the fix is cheap/easy enough for me to do.

That's garbage. My 4661 was a March 2007 model, and they did the repair for me for free...
post #19451 of 19613 Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout101 View Post

That's garbage. My 4661 was a March 2007 model, and they did the repair for me for free...

I just got off the phone, and they would not do the repair for my model (Dec 2007).

Where is the best guide on how to do this repair yourself? I have a solder gun...but I have only used it once.

Is there any danger in waiting until it goes completely before doing the repair?

My TV has been clicking for a month or two, usually about 10 clicks before it starts up....any idea how much longer it will be before it goes?
post #19452 of 19613 Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 PM

I have an LN-T4665F and my screen cracked. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement screen that won't break the bank? I would like to extend the life of this TV a few more years.

Otherwise, I have a bunch of boards and such for sale for this TV.
post #19453 of 19613 Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out. My mother called me in a panic because her 3 year old 52" 550 crapped out on her (bad capacitors) Found this thread, called Samsung and they came out today to fix it for free.

Thanks Again!!! I love this site.
post #19454 of 19613 Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am still going strong on this set 4 years later. Woohoo! I did have to have it replaced two months in I think because of a weird darkness issue (couldn't see the tv one day) but since then nothing. I inherited it once we upgraded to a 60", so now all I do is game on it and use it as a PC monitor. But just wanted to pop in and say HEY!

Oh, and I'm also here to get picture settings again. For games. I wanted to see what the last settings were.
post #19455 of 19613 Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 AM

What number did you guys call? My LNT-4665f just started to have the issues tuning on

I want to call them first and see if they can repair before I do the work myself... Thanks.
post #19456 of 19613 Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHandMan View Post

What number did you guys call? My LNT-4665f just started to have the issues tuning on

I want to call them first and see if they can repair before I do the work myself... Thanks.

1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864)
post #19457 of 19613 Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Ok thanks. I'll call tonight, I'm sure they will want my build date or something :/
post #19458 of 19613 Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Hello,

Looking for some help. 2007 LN-T4065f/xaa

I have had the delayed power up, pink/green pixels and vertical line issue for a while (> 6 months). My tv would ultimately turn on after a few cycles. When the tv came on the picture quality was fine besides the purple ghosting of the border of menu screens and a couple purple pixels. Issue got progressively worse.

A couple weeks ago the tv began to only turn on once every two days (90% of startups resulted in vertical lines), when it came on correctly picture brightness and backlighting were fine. Today after two weeks of phone tag a Samsung Service tech replaced the capacitors.

Now that I have new capacitors and the tv turns on instantaneously. However my picture quality has crapped out. The service tech said I have a panel issue and the panel needs to be replaced. The picture after the capacitors were fixed became very dark even when I maxed out the brightness setting at 10, backlight 10 etc etc. Menu screens that were once blue/purple are now dark navy/black.

Has anyone else had this issue after fixing the capacitor issue? Is there any known resolution to this type of problem? Could the service tech have caused this issue inadvertently?

Thanks
post #19459 of 19613 Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innova View Post

I just got off the phone, and they would not do the repair for my model (Dec 2007).

Where is the best guide on how to do this repair yourself? I have a solder gun...but I have only used it once.

Is there any danger in waiting until it goes completely before doing the repair?

My TV has been clicking for a month or two, usually about 10 clicks before it starts up....any idea how much longer it will be before it goes?

I don't know if there's a really good guide on the process. I remember youtube had some fascinatingly boring videos. Search these forums for my username. I posted some pictures (and the part numbers from Digikey).

As for danger from waiting,
I don't think there is much danger... Although whatever is causing the pink spots and color issues can't be good for other electrical components. Wait or don't. Either way, it's not going to fix itself.

You can do it. If you already have the iron, you're practically there.
post #19460 of 19613 Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdreyno View Post

I don't know if there's a really good guide on the process. I remember youtube had some fascinatingly boring videos. Search these forums for my username. I posted some pictures (and the part numbers from Digikey).

I don't think there is much danger... Although whatever is causing the pink spots and color issues can't be good for other electrical components. Wait or don't. Either way, it's not going to fix itself.

Thanks for the response. I actually had some time to work on this today. The board came out very easy, and three capacitors were noticeably bulging. However, I could not get them out...seemed like my iron was not hot enough, but I could have been doing something wrong.

I did find the entire board on eBay for $15 shipped. I bought one, and it should be here next week. For that price, it wasn't worth even trying to replace the capacitors.
post #19461 of 19613 Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdreyno View Post

I have a LN-T4665F, manufacture date 01/08, that still works great. I expect at some time the capacitors will fail and want to be prepared. I know this looks like a dumb question, but what kind of metal do you use to do the soldering?
post #19462 of 19613 Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 PM

The attached photo shows what I am seeing when I first turn the TV on. Does this look like what others with the bad capacitors see?

I just finished chatting with Samsung Live Chat. I am not surprised, but the person on the other side claims there were no reported problems with the LN-T4066 or LN-T4065 LCD TVs.

Looks like I am calling for service
LL
post #19463 of 19613 Old 10-02-2011, 09:23 PM

^Yep. You have bad capacitors.

My ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe + Antec ISK 310-150 HTPC Project: HTPC Nirvana
post #19464 of 19613 Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett View Post

^Yep. You have bad capacitors.

Thanks.

According to the my regristration on Samsung's website, the TV was manufactured July 31, 2007. I have seen conflicting data on where the cutoff if and what gets covered by warranty and what doesn't. Any idea what my odds are? Any advice for when I call for service?
post #19465 of 19613 Old 10-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorhouse View Post

Thanks.

According to the my regristration on Samsung's website, the TV was manufactured July 31, 2007. I have seen conflicting data on where the cutoff if and what gets covered by warranty and what doesn't. Any idea what my odds are? Any advice for when I call for service?

My latest experience with Samsung seals my decision of most likely not purchasing another set from them in the future. I have a LN-T4061F purchased in the summer of 2007. Recently started having slow turn on issues, purple grid patterns, the classic symptoms of a bad capacitor.

Sent Samsung several emails, and at first they seemed cooperative by asking for my model number and serial information, plus a scan of my receipt. No problem, I reply with that information, but they then tell me it's out of the 1 year warranty, so I would have to pay to have someone come look at it.

I tried another method, using their online chat, and every representative denied any issues with this particular model, or free repair.

Finally, I resorted to calling in, and the first person I spoke to confirmed my set was eligible for a one time free repair of the capacitors. Turns out, my TV's "code" only meant Samsung would pay for one specific capacitor on the power board. I ended up paying out of pocket, to replace the four other bad ones.

Good news is, the process is super easy, removing all the screws looks like it took longer than removing and soldering in the new ones. So if in the future I need to do this again, I'll tackle it myself.

Thumbs up for a fully functioning television again, thumbs down to piss poor customer service and cost cutting by Samsung.
post #19466 of 19613 Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 PM

Thank you. So far, my experience is similar to yours. I initially tried chatting with Samsung and he rep claimed that there were "no reported problems with the model." I was prepared to argue with the rep when I called in, but to my surprise, the rep I spoke to quickly acknowledged the problems and said a local repair center would contact me with 48 hours.

I haven't heard from him yet, but I suspect I will next week. When he comes out, I will watch him work. Hopefully, I won't have to pay for any out of pocket. Yours is the first mixed report I had read like that.
post #19467 of 19613 Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhal View Post

My latest experience with Samsung seals my decision of most likely not purchasing another set from them in the future. I have a LN-T4061F purchased in the summer of 2007. Recently started having slow turn on issues, purple grid patterns, the classic symptoms of a bad capacitor.

Sent Samsung several emails, and at first they seemed cooperative by asking for my model number and serial information, plus a scan of my receipt. No problem, I reply with that information, but they then tell me it's out of the 1 year warranty, so I would have to pay to have someone come look at it.

I tried another method, using their online chat, and every representative denied any issues with this particular model, or free repair.

Finally, I resorted to calling in, and the first person I spoke to confirmed my set was eligible for a one time free repair of the capacitors. Turns out, my TV's "code" only meant Samsung would pay for one specific capacitor on the power board. I ended up paying out of pocket, to replace the four other bad ones.

Good news is, the process is super easy, removing all the screws looks like it took longer than removing and soldering in the new ones. So if in the future I need to do this again, I'll tackle it myself.

Thumbs up for a fully functioning television again, thumbs down to piss poor customer service and cost cutting by Samsung.

Seriously? You are complaining about a company not covering a tv that is out of warranty?

I am in the same situation...I will have to do the repair myself. Am I happy that my $1400 tv is having problems after 4 years? No. Do I expect a manufacturer to cover it when it is out of warranty? No.

If I wanted the extra coverage I should have paid Best Buy for it.

What other manufacturer would fix your tv for free after 4 years?
post #19468 of 19613 Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Seriously? You are complaining about a company not covering a tv that is out of warranty?

I am in the same situation...I will have to do the repair myself. Am I happy that my $1400 tv is having problems after 4 years? No. Do I expect a manufacturer to cover it when it is out of warranty? No.

I'm unhappy at how inconsistent Samsung is being over the repair of these sets. Also, a defective part in numerous models is much different than a television simply breaking several years out of warranty.

Is it reasonable to expect your LCD television to last several years? Or, are consumers expected to upgrade to the latest and greatest every time a new model comes out, and not worry about longevity or reliability?

What you should be unhappy about is that I was able to get my in house service call and one capacitor replaced at no cost to me, and you're stuck doing the repair and ordering the parts yourself despite having similar televisions and purchase dates.
post #19469 of 19613 Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhal View Post

I'm unhappy at how inconsistent Samsung is being over the repair of these sets. Also, a defective part in numerous models is much different than a television simply breaking several years out of warranty.

Is it reasonable to expect your LCD television to last several years? Or, are consumers expected to upgrade to the latest and greatest every time a new model comes out, and not worry about longevity or reliability?

What you should be unhappy about is that I was able to get my in house service call and one capacitor replaced at no cost to me, and you're stuck doing the repair and ordering the parts yourself despite having similar televisions and purchase dates.

They are definitely being inconsistent. I was granted the one-time repair, and the repair service they sent said he was instructed to replace the entire board, not just the capacitors.
post #19470 of 19613 Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:

This makes me believe you haven't read through or followed this thread. This is a known issue that affects a ridiculous number of units, and Samsung has acknowledged it, but are handling repairs/ who is eligible for repairs inconsistently. Get your facts straight before you berate someone else for a statement they've made.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page