Sony BRAVIA S3000 Series Owner's Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 38 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Good gracious!!! I just got my new Sony LCD and, after some calibration, it looks stunning! I have to admit, I was a little nervous going from my 34XBR970 Sony direct-view to this LCD but I'm watching something on Discover HD Theater right now and it's incredible. As great as the direct-view was (it's well known for being incredibly sharp, with deep blacks, etc) it was missing that "WOW" factor you get from a larger HDTV. I know this because I used to have an old Toshi rear-projection HD monitor.

The WOW factor is back!

Unfortunately, I can't figure this service menu out in order to truly correct the color decoder, but even if I can't this TV looks good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 PM

Liked: 11
I would simply use the setting that gives you the best image, there really isn't any right or wrong to it. Some scaling by the TV is going to take place no matter what setting you use because the TV's resolution is actually 768.

Larry
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM

Liked: 10
I was wondering how long your TVs take to turn on. I have a KDL40S130 (Costco's S3000). It was always a slow to turn on (about 7 seconds) now after about 6 months it takes about 10 seconds. It isn't ridiculously long, but it has increased and my previous TV (Sharp D43 Aquos) only took about 3 seconds to turn on after it was warm.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzman View Post

I was wondering how long your TVs take to turn on. I have a KDL40S130 (Costco's S3000). It was always a slow to turn on (about 7 seconds) now after about 6 months it takes about 10 seconds. It isn't ridiculously long, but it has increased and my previous TV (Sharp D43 Aquos) only took about 3 seconds to turn on after it was warm.

I have both a 32 and a 46 s3000 and had them since March, Both power up in about 3 seconds or so. Never heard of the KDL40S130, I couldnt even find a review of it on Cnet.com.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:15 PM

When I would quit a game or movie via my PS3. I would hear a popping nosie in my speakers and on the bottom right corner of the TV a error message would appear and disappear saying "Unsupported video resolution"

This doesn't happen all the time. It happens rarely. This is fixed by turning off the TV via remote control and turning it back on. This has never happened before and I have owned the TV for almost a year.

My PS3 is connected via HDMI and I have gotten my HDMI cables from Sony. Any one have a clue on what might be going on here?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 AM

have my tv showing picture very red, im thinking it may have something to do with the lcd controller board (400WTC4LV3.4).

Had it diagnose by sony service center here and they said faulty lcd and would cost around 1100 USD for the parts + labor fee. I say its really stupid for that price i would rather buy a new sony LCD TV.

picture quality is very red and inside attachment

thanks

BR
Lampin
LL
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM

Well, after 5 years the screen on my KDL-32S3000 started showing black spots. It's really annoying as they are especially noticeable during bright or dark scenes. It's a shame newer tv's don't have as many input connections as this one. I play old game consoles like Sega Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast and from what I can tell newer tv's only come with HDMI inputs.

Tags
Sony Bravia S Series Kdl 32s3000 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Sony 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Kdl 40s3000