Help with Samsung Auto-dimming/brightness - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 05-22-2007, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I own a Samsumg LNS-4092D. I have a problem with the auto-dimming (or auto-brightness) feature the TV has. Specifically when playing video games (xbox 360).

While playing video games, sometimes it makes the screen too dark, I can't even see whats going on.

Is there a way to turn off this feature? I've looked through the menu several times and have not figured it out. Perhaps there is a 'service menu' option that someone knows? And if there is, how do you get to the 'service menu'?

I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks much!

-Eso

PS: I have an older Samsung DLP which does not have this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-22-2007, 06:58 AM

I don't know about your Samsung, although I did try downloading the HUGE 26MB .pdf manual, to see if it has different A/V modes like my Sharp Aquos, e.g. MOVIE, USER, PC, GAME, etc...

Mine seems to auto dim the backlight also on almost all modes but USER mode, so I tweak my settings on that USER mode and leave it...for the most part, tweaking my TV is like my obsessive compulsive disorder favorite thing to do. (No offense to those with true OCD.)

The auto dimming can be quite annoying, so I can relate. It's fine if it to give us blacks on par with plasma, but not at the expense of overall brightness and viewing pleasure.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
you should be able to disable this from the service menu.

It should look as autodimming or dynamic dimming..
post #4 of 14 Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Great! Thanks for the comments!

I'll check for that option in the service menu (as soon as I get home from vacation)

If anyone could remind me on how to access the service menu, that would be fantasic.

Thanks again for the insight,

Eso
post #5 of 14 Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blister72 View Post

I don't know about your Samsung, although I did try downloading the HUGE 26MB .pdf manual, to see if it has different A/V modes like my Sharp Aquos, e.g. MOVIE, USER, PC, GAME, etc...

Mine seems to auto dim the backlight also on almost all modes but USER mode, so I tweak my settings on that USER mode and leave it...for the most part, tweaking my TV is like my obsessive compulsive disorder favorite thing to do. (No offense to those with true OCD.)

The auto dimming can be quite annoying, so I can relate. It's fine if it to give us blacks on par with plasma, but not at the expense of overall brightness and viewing pleasure.

On the Sharp, you can set the OPC to on but then make sure that in the advance settings you set the range to something within only a few values apart, like +5 and +6. This will eliminate any dimming. I imagine you might be able to do something like this with the Sammy also.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoin View Post

Hello,

I own a Samsumg LNS-4092D. I have a problem with the auto-dimming (or auto-brightness) feature the TV has. Specifically when playing video games (xbox 360).

While playing video games, sometimes it makes the screen too dark, I can't even see whats going on.

Is there a way to turn off this feature? I've looked through the menu several times and have not figured it out. Perhaps there is a 'service menu' option that someone knows? And if there is, how do you get to the 'service menu'?

I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks much!

-Eso

PS: I have an older Samsung DLP which does not have this problem.

Hi, I have the same prroblem with my Samsung LN32B550 and I really hate it. Could someone help me? Is there ANY option in the service menu to change? I searched for "auto dimming" or something similar with no luck.

In this review this "Samsung-LE40B651" LCD has the same behavior:
http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Sams...TV-Review.html
post #7 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 PM

I had the 3092d and had the same problem. Went through the service menu but never found a fix.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM

I have the same problem on Sharp LC-42SB55E
I guess he only solution is return it back to the store...
post #9 of 14 Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Hey,

I had the same issue on a new series 5 Samsung 32 inch LCD. I found the fix under the menu options. It's called Eco Solution. If you go to the menu, under picture (the first option for me) scroll down to Eco Solution... turn the Eco Sensor option off. That worked for me. Hope that helps!
post #10 of 14 Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM

Hey guys!!! I had the same problem and I found the solution!!!!! Finally!!!! It was unbearable to watch videos in the dark. If you go to menu, then picture options. There will be something called Eco Solutions or something like that. In the next menu there will be 3 options. We need Eco Sensor!!!!! The standard position is off. Put it on, and adjust the minumum brightness that u want to have!!!. From now on you will have the minimum brightness that you have adjusted. OMG thx god I found this solution!!!! I already thought of bringing the tv back! Good luck guys. Tell me if it helped.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avashkevich View Post

Hey guys!!! I had the same problem and I found the solution!!!!! Finally!!!! It was unbearable to watch videos in the dark. If you go to menu, then picture options. There will be something called Eco Solutions or something like that. In the next menu there will be 3 options. We need Eco Sensor!!!!! The standard position is off. Put it on, and adjust the minumum brightness that u want to have!!!. From now on you will have the minimum brightness that you have adjusted. OMG thx god I found this solution!!!! I already thought of bringing the tv back! Good luck guys. Tell me if it helped.

I wish I had that option on my Samsung LN32B550. I cannot believe that there is no solution for this LCD...
post #12 of 14 Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 PM

On my B650 it was fixed by going into service menu. while on standby press info, menu, mute and power. Then go to advanced and press 0000. Switch auto dimming to off.
post #13 of 14 Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 AM

post #14 of 14 Old 06-14-2013, 05:54 AM

On my Samsung 3D 55" I found this under the Menu>System>Eco Solution>Eco Sensor. Here I can totally turn it off or set the level of the light at which the system dims.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page