Official Westinghouse TX Series ( TX-42F430S, TX-47F430S ) Owner's Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZONATE View Post

For those experiencing trouble with the TX series.

Have you attempted to unplug all inputs (especially HDMI), unplug & cycle power(without any inputs plugged into the panel)?

I have not attempted that yet, just numerous unplug, replug, and power cycles.

Quote:

I did not experience the power lockup issue either, but the "W" power on problem was similar, until I unplugged the HDMI and replugged the HDMI after the boot sequence.

Mine seems a bit different - I've had the scrambled 'W' once before, but now I am getting no 'W' logo at all on start, which seems different from huggybear and heelfan.

Quote:

Also, was all of your user power settings, set to "Power Saver" mode?

Yes.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelfan74 View Post

Well I have a an update with some good news. Woke up all p'ed off this morning. Started screwing around with the TV. Disconnected all inputs tried turning back on, nothing. I realized that when I turned it off last night to move stuff around I only had the cable input to the tuner on the TV but when I hooked everything back up I put my digital cable box back in place so that cable was no longer in the TV. After disconnecting all inputs I put just the cable feed back in to the TV and powercycled it. Low and behold the sucker booted up and had video. It seemed like it was stuck looking for the cable input or something. I then could switch inputs and turned on the 360 and that worked. I then put the cable feed back in to the cable box and it worked. I have been shutting it off and on removing inputs and so far so good. I will keep you all posted.

This is very interesting. When mine went down, I had left it on the TV input. After getting the black screen, I disconnected everything. I never did try putting the coax cable back into the TV input....

I wonder if this has something to do with the TV booting up after being left on the TV input and not receiving a signal... it freezes up and you are unable to select any other inputs... the only way it comes back is when once again it receives a signal from the RF input (i.e. the input you last left it on).

I wish I still had mine here so I could try this. The thing is I don't understand why it happened in my case as I never disconnected the TV input like heelfan74 did. The only thing I can think of is the signal was interrupted somehow.

Now I am wondering if I should try thoroughly test my new one when I get it to see if it has the same problem or just play it safe - do not use energy saving mode and do not leave the set on TV input when turning it off.
post #543 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

mgalvez & x84HurstOlds - Since you still have your sets, try as many tests as you can before returning them so we can rule thiings out...

Try booting it up after restoring the connection on the input you last had the set on... if you had a cable going into the RF in with QAM cable put it back. Also, I'd suggest hooking upa cheap antenna to the RF in as another test.

Hook up devices to as many input as you can, one by one.... make sure the device is powered on and sending a signal.

The problem is, I think when they are in this frozen state they are only looking for a signal from the input they were last on... if they don't receive a signal for whatever reason, they lock up and won't recognize the other inputs.

By the way - were you guys using the autosource feature? I had mine turned off.
post #544 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggybear View Post

This is very interesting. When mine went down, I had left it on the TV input. After getting the black screen, I disconnected everything. I never did try putting the coax cable back into the TV input....

I wonder if this has something to do with the TV booting up after being left on the TV input and not receiving a signal... it freezes up and you are unable to select any other inputs... the only way it comes back is when once again it receives a signal from the RF input (i.e. the input you last left it on).

I wish I still had mine here so I could try this. The thing is I don't understand why it happened in my case as I never disconnected the TV input like heelfan74 did. The only thing I can think of is the signal was interrupted somehow.

Now I am wondering if I should try thoroughly test my new one when I get it to see if it has the same problem or just play it safe - do not use energy saving mode and do not leave the set on TV input when turning it off.

Well, I don't believe that mine was on TV input...I'm pretty sure I was on HDMI2, which is fed by my S3 Tivo...which I had just added an external drive to, making me all the more psyched prior to discovering the Westy was down

I'm going to try unplugging all inputs. I had removed the analog audio in for HDMI 1 (HTPC), and I had also had a cable in component 1 that led to nowhere before...last night I plugged it into my preamp's component out. Those were the only two things I changed at the TV itself before this happened, well, that and I unplugged it.

HEELFAN - glad to hear you are back up. While you had the blank screen, did you happen to notice any mura or dead/stuck pixels? I'm wondering if my unit was abused...

Ed
post #545 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Just got it working this morning again. This time I turned the set off, unplugged EVERY input, VGA from my xbox, cable, and HDMI. Turned it back on, plugged in HDMI and it worked. I tried everything except this yesterday. I hope this does not happen often.
post #546 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:

mgalvez & x84HurstOlds - Since you still have your sets, try as many tests as you can before returning them so we can rule thiings out...

Try booting it up after restoring the connection on the input you last had the set on... if you had a cable going into the RF in with QAM cable put it back. Also, I'd suggest hooking upa cheap antenna to the RF in as another test.

Hook up devices to as many input as you can, one by one.... make sure the device is powered on and sending a signal.

The problem is, I think when they are in this frozen state they are only looking for a signal from the input they were last on... if they don't receive a signal for whatever reason, they lock up and won't recognize the other inputs.

By the way - were you guys using the autosource feature? I had mine turned off.

No dice. But again, mine seems like a different case - it is not locked up, I can switch inputs still, change channels, control volume, etc. - but I only get audio, no video and no OSD whatsoever.

Ed
post #547 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 02:37 PM

for those asking about transport I got mine home in the backseat of a 2001 eclipse spyder last night (the TX 47) had the top down and made the 5 mile trip home no sweat....
post #548 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 07:04 PM

Went to Best Buy yesterday and they were quite willing to Price Match with the current 12% coupon making the 47 cost $1571. So everyone who bought from BB the first week the set came out, go get your credit!!

Also asked the manager why they are not displaying the set. He said BB is probably still deciding whether to get behind this set big time, depending on customer experience and Westy supply.

I am still thrilled with my unit and no problems.
post #549 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techleaper View Post

Went to Best Buy yesterday and they were quite willing to Price Match with the current 12% coupon making the 47 cost $xxxx. So everyone who bought from BB the first week the set came out, go get your credit!!

Also asked the manager why they are not displaying the set. He said BB is probably still deciding whether to get behind this set big time, depending on customer experience and Westy supply.

Techleaper,

You'll probably get admonished by the moderators for posting actual price, better to say "12% off MSRP".

Anyway, I returned my original today, there wasn't a whole lot more I could do with it. I did bring in the new coupon and got the difference taken off, my new set will arrive on the 13th, though I probably won't be able to pick up until the 14th. Now I have the 27" CRT back in place, but no Tivo and no HTPC - neither are giving me a picture off S-video, probably because both were set to output hi-def. (The CRT has no component input, and my pre-amp doesn't downconvert the component, so...) So it's analog cable and SD DVD's until then. Could be worse - I would not have wanted to be lugging my old 32" Sony CRT back and forth to storage, so even though it was a much better set than the 27, I guess its death was a mixed blessing.

Techleaper, I highly recommend, both for your own sake and because I am curious as to whether my first set was just a bad apple, switch to an unused input, turn the lights off at night, and check two things: first, get very close and look for dead pixels. Second, look at the set dead on from 10 or 15 feet back, and see if there is any cloudiness, mura, bright spots, or unevenness to the backlight. Hopefully you will find none and have many happy years with your set, but mine had at least 13 dead pixels and a bad case of mura.

Ed
post #550 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Man, it's kind of upsetting to see a bunch of people with these issues.. I am now seriously debating/rethinking of getting the extended warranty through BB. I tried unplugging my set and plugging it back in and I didn't notice any problems. I'm very against extended warranties because I dont think something should ever need fixing/repairs in the first 3-4 yrs, but manufacturers these days definetly seem to rush out products, and the consumers get the short end of the stick..

I was watching a movie last night on the ps3, and the set seemed to lose sync w/ the ps3 at one time during the movie. Basically the screen just lost the signal, and I had to switch inputs and switch back to the hdmi input for it to resync. I noticed one other quick drop out during the movie but it didn't lose sync. The question is whether this is a ps3 issue, westy issue, hdmi issue, or a combination of several. I will probably watch another movie tomorrow and I'll report back how things turn out. So far things have been overall positive for me, but the westy has lost sync now a few times w/ the ps3.
post #551 of 6183 Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Hey guys, sorry to hear about the troubles everyone is having, it makes me antsy as BB is set to deliver mine in a few days. One thing I noticed while flipping though the manual is that in addition to the power saver setting there is also this one:

"DPMS: Lets you turn the DPMS (Display Power Management
Signaling) On/Off; when On, the display goes into Standby
mode if there's no incoming signal from the selected input for
1-, 5- or 10-Minute intervals."

Is it possible that there is a firmware bug involving the DPMS setting (or Power on Plug), such that the display will go into standby automatically based on a lack of input signal if DPMS is enabled/disabled?

Just a thought; I hope this problem is resolved soon, I don't feel like making a return.
post #552 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Went to Best Buy yesterday and they were quite willing to Price Match with the current 12% coupon making the 47 cost " ". So everyone who bought from BB the first week the set came out, go get your credit!!

Any one in the South Carolina Area finding a store with this unit? Plus Techleaper, who did they match the price against? I'm not finding this on BB website. The product page Huggybear posted to Westinghouse has a locator but it must to to new to find actual dealer/stores. My original interest in this came via an email from Solid Signal, yet by the looks of things, it seem to be prudent to have a local store purchase that can be there just in case. Any help in locating one of these would be nice.
post #553 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x84HurstOlds View Post

Techleaper,

You'll probably get admonished by the moderators for posting actual price, better to say "12% off MSRP".

Anyway, I returned my original today, there wasn't a whole lot more I could do with it. I did bring in the new coupon and got the difference taken off, my new set will arrive on the 13th, though I probably won't be able to pick up until the 14th. Now I have the 27" CRT back in place, but no Tivo and no HTPC - neither are giving me a picture off S-video, probably because both were set to output hi-def. (The CRT has no component input, and my pre-amp doesn't downconvert the component, so...) So it's analog cable and SD DVD's until then. Could be worse - I would not have wanted to be lugging my old 32" Sony CRT back and forth to storage, so even though it was a much better set than the 27, I guess its death was a mixed blessing.

Techleaper, I highly recommend, both for your own sake and because I am curious as to whether my first set was just a bad apple, switch to an unused input, turn the lights off at night, and check two things: first, get very close and look for dead pixels. Second, look at the set dead on from 10 or 15 feet back, and see if there is any cloudiness, mura, bright spots, or unevenness to the backlight. Hopefully you will find none and have many happy years with your set, but mine had at least 13 dead pixels and a bad case of mura.

Ed

Ed,
The first night I got home with the TX-42, I ran some tests on the unit. Amongst over things, this included an up close inspection for dead pixels (not a one to be found), and viewing of mixed solid colors fed from a laptop, for clouding and mura. I used white, powder blue and black and did not see any patterns or movement.

Hopefully you just got a bad apple, and your replacement unit is up to spec and performs like mine.

good luck,

Techleaper
post #554 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post

Any one in the South Carolina Area finding a store with this unit? Plus Techleaper, who did they match the price against? I'm not finding this on BB website. The product page Huggybear posted to Westinghouse has a locator but it must to to new to find actual dealer/stores. My original interest in this came via an email from Solid Signal, yet by the looks of things, it seem to be prudent to have a local store purchase that can be there just in case. Any help in locating one of these would be nice.

Woobieizer,

BB is not acknowledging the TX online. I can't speak for South Carolina, but in Michigan and other states, you need to walk into the store and have them look up the model number ** TX-47F430S ** in the computer. They will either show x units in back (none on display), or Y units in the warehouse, and they can order one for you. You may be able to verify the above by phoning your local store, before heading over. 12% off coupon good through June 17.

good luck,

Techleaper
post #555 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier911 View Post

As stated in my previous post, my local store told me there are no plans to actually stock or display the 47" in store, but they will be able to order it for me in store rather than online with shipping costs.

Regarding the pickup option, this has always been a mystery that no one in store or at national customer service has ever been able to explain the many times I've asked.

With the old LVM series, whether they were in stock online and in the store or not, they would never allow you to order online and pickup. It annoyed me because at times I was going to buy but I could not use an online coupon code and pickup in store, and often the shipping nearly negated the coupon. I asked many times about this, and they could never explain it. The same is now the case for the 42" TX.

Perhaps it is related to controlling the price, if these are in fact lower margin items as people say.

Hello Javier911,

The BB online store operates on a completely different business model than the brick and morter(B&M) stores. This is why you have not received an answer. They do not wish to tell you or some do not understand.

The issue with the online purchase combined with BB store pickup is that the two are seperate. The online store is associated with the B&M BB stores in name, but they operate differently. They are not one, other than the "Store Front" they both offer in the product line.

The issue with shipping from one store to another, including the online store to the B&M stores is called "Cross Docking".

Each B&M store has a region. Within that region there are multiple states.

A warehouse is designated to a specific region and serves those B&M locations.

Within each region, there is a shipping pattern for the supply chain. That shipping pattern is called "Docking".

When you place a special order, it is placed in the "docking" line within supply chain of that region from the warehouse. That is your "estimated arrival/delivery date".

The trucks are loaded accordingly with the last "dock" at the front of the truck. This creates efficiency in the "docking" process and eliminates much of the loss/damage.

You should be able to "Cross Dock" within your state. This is allowed, due to the lower shipping cost in reference to the cost of shipping from the warehouse.

This also allows the B&M stores added value to the consumer and leverage to the administration of the B&M stores to secure consumer loyalty.

It is an efficient business plan to extend the reach of the B&M to the consumer.

The online business model is not in this business plan...yet. Logistics and a rework of the business model need further attention.

For example, Dell's Direct business model is expanding to include low cost desktop/laptop solutions to Walmart & Sams Club.

Direct competition to Best Buy Brick & Morter and the BB online business model.

This is response to HP taking the lead, leaving Dell in 2nd. HP is saturating multiple markets, which in turn, is tightening the thumbscrews on Dell's Direct business model.

This situation may, in the future, force BB to encompass the online business model in logistics, sales & consumer loyalty to both the B&M and Online services together...but not at this moment. Both of these business models are scrambling to devour the marketshare of its competion as they fall to the wayside.

The B&M competition is currently struggling....failing. Circuit City is handing out pink slips as quickly as it can print them. CompUSA has closed 119 B&M stores. Online options have wreaked havoc on the B&M stores. You can see the result in your local town.

BB has currently embraced expanded options and will continue to do so in the future. Competition will force this issue...but not currently.

~b3nz0n8

WESTY: TX-47F430s & LVM-47w1 & DELL m2010 Remote
PICS:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #556 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Woobieizer,

BB is not acknowledging the TX online. I can't speak for South Carolina, but in Michigan and other states, you need to walk into the store and have them look up the model number ** TX-47F430S ** in the computer.

The BB that I've been going to still can't bring up the item in the computer using the model # - bring the BB sku # with you to be safe - 8346685.
post #557 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ed,
The first night I got home with the TX-42, I ran some tests on the unit. Amongst over things, this included an up close inspection for dead pixels (not a one to be found), and viewing of mixed solid colors fed from a laptop, for clouding and mura. I used white, powder blue and black and did not see any patterns or movement.

Hopefully you just got a bad apple, and your replacement unit is up to spec and performs like mine.

I had the same experience - my unit was flawless - not a single dead pixel, no mura. I can only pray that my replacement is the same!
post #558 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post

Hey guys, sorry to hear about the troubles everyone is having, it makes me antsy as BB is set to deliver mine in a few days. One thing I noticed while flipping though the manual is that in addition to the power saver setting there is also this one:

"DPMS: Lets you turn the DPMS (Display Power Management
Signaling) On/Off; when On, the display goes into Standby
mode if there's no incoming signal from the selected input for
1-, 5- or 10-Minute intervals."

Is it possible that there is a firmware bug involving the DPMS setting (or Power on Plug), such that the display will go into standby automatically based on a lack of input signal if DPMS is enabled/disabled?

Just a thought; I hope this problem is resolved soon, I don't feel like making a return.

There are a number of settings that could be playing a part with the reported problems - the DPMS, the autosource, the energy saver mode, and the setting that automatically turns the TV on when it is plugged in. In my case, I had all these settings turned off, and the TV set to energy saver. The only thing that I could think of that would have prevented mine going down would have been to NOT use the energy saver setting (the default setting uses more power but the TV does not go through the boot up with logo screen when you turn it on - it instantly returns to where you last left it).

To be safe, when I get my new set I will not use energy saver - I am hoping it is some sort of bug that they will eventually fix with a firmware update.
post #559 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Ed,

good luck,

Techleaper

Techleaper,

I am *very* glad to hear that, and I believe that the 42 and 47" panels are similar enough that findings on either one are relevant to the other. Just knowing that there *are* perfect panels in existence gives me hope that I will be able to get one. Thanks!

Ed
post #560 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:

I had the same experience - my unit was flawless - not a single dead pixel, no mura. I can only pray that my replacement is the same!

Again, this is very good news. My old unit having all the problems that it did, I thought that Westinghouse had perhaps taken a step backwards, but that seems not to be the case. Hopefully these lockups/premature deaths are rare.

Ed
post #561 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Hey Everyone;

New member who bought a TX-47 from BB the weekend they came out. So far I've been very happy with it. No dead pixels and no artifacts that I've been able to see.

Today I ran into the first problem, and it has to do with the unit freezing up. For me, this only happens when I have my laptop plugged into the VGA port. I'm running it at 1080, but the resolution doesn't seem to matter. I can switch into the PC input and use it fine, but what I can't do is switch away then come back. Whatever menu was on the screen freezes, and it doesn't respond to any input from the remote or the side buttons, except the power off switch. If I hold that down, it will reset itself (go through the W logo) and come up and sync on the PC signal (with a little initial difficulty). It then works fine until I try to go out and come back. At present I have an OTA antenna, DISH PVR into the s-video and a PS3 into HDMI-1. Switching randomly between any other vid source isn't a problem. I have also connected a second PC to HDMI-2 through a DVI converter with no problems.

I think the hint might be that it has initial problems syncing on the PC inut and it can't progress past there. When switching to PC, it doesn't get to the screen graphics to say which input was chosen. I've tried refereshing the computer screen, unplugging the VGA and plugging it back in, unplugging other vid sources and nothing is able to get it's attention again without a reboot. II've also re-ran the PC AUTO ADJUST a few times (clock stays at 50; phase does vary alot 16-60, but that may depend on the content). The TX display is still alive, because if I change to another approved video resolution, it will flash the screen (and the menu graphics left on, if any), but still won't do anything else. If this is a common bug, it may be the same for any vid signal it find's tough to sync on, and so could change for every setup. In my case, maybe a different analog VGA source wouldn't have a problem, but I haven't been able to try yet.

Right now, I think the only problem is that it can't gracefully recover from this glitch. I'll post more if I learn anything else.
post #562 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x84HurstOlds View Post

Again, this is very good news. My old unit having all the problems that it did, I thought that Westinghouse had perhaps taken a step backwards, but that seems not to be the case. Hopefully these lockups/premature deaths are rare.

Ed

Interesting info:

Reader Comments

45. RE: PS3 Blinking Mystery DeepensWestinghouse:
As a TV repair tech, I deal with this problem every day and it is not easy to fix. This HDCP issue happens in DVD players, AV receivers and cable set top boxes. The problem is the digital handshake HDCP from the source device. It may work fine for weeks or months then all the sudden it stops working. Rebooting TV and source device sometimes solves this in the short term, butt dose not correct the fault. Also, unpluging the HDMI cable works for some tv's but is not recommended. Some TV's will crash if you unplug the HDMI when it is on and ruin the board. Some name brand tv's take the HDMI signal and convert it back to analog componet video,look at the schematics if you dont beleve me. Everybody blames eachother. HDMI would be better served if CE manufacturers would drop HDCP.

WESTINGHOUSE & PS3 BLINKING ISSUE...MAY HAVE DEEPER ISSUES THAN JUST THE PS3 HANDSHAKE PROBLEM

PICS:

post #563 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 01:41 PM

A FULL SET OF 1080 TEST IMAGES:

LINK TO TEST IMAGES

~b3nz0n8

PICS:

post #564 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZONATE View Post

A FULL SET OF 1080 TEST IMAGES:

LINK TO TEST IMAGES

~b3nz0n8

Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to giving my set a workout.
post #565 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just bought myself the tx 47 from Best Buy in NY with the 12% coupon as well. I will be picking it up this friday. It seems that the TV is so new that there are plenty in the warehouse, but none in stores yet.

I think as long as the tv works correctly, or if firmware fixes are issued promptly, that this tv is an unbeatable value. I was leaning toward the new panasonic 50" plasma, but even that tv cant do 1080p via component or vga like this one can for my xbox 360. It was also twice the price. Im sure the plasma will look better, but not a few grand better.
post #566 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Ya, I figured the retarded HDMI specs are screwing up the Westy.. I'll have to try the ps3 one of these days on our other lcd and watch a movie and see if there are any dropouts. Just like everything else, blu-ray and hd-dvd have long been cracked. I wouldn't be hugely against hdmi, but it's a half-ass solution/design that's caused many issues for many consumers.

Sorry for the rant.. anyway.. what is the general consensus for people on here? Is everyone buying the extended warranty for the Westy? It's $250 for an additional 3 yrs? Does this include in-home service if anything goes wrong or do you have to bring it back to the store?

Hopefully I can run through some test images and using the hdmi->dvi cable to test the westy and see how it goes. I have it hooked up to a vga cable and luckily I've had no issues w/ it locking up, or my pc recognizing the tv. I don't use it much for my computer so I can't say much about it, but no issues so far. I have an nvidia 7950gt just fyi.
post #567 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I would highly suggest the extended plan. It seems like a fair deal for what it costs. I believe you have a choice of in-home or bringing it to the store.
post #568 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 PM

I picked up my TX47 last night. Only had a chance to run cable TV (without the cable box) so far.

First impressions are very positive. SD looks Much better than I was anticipating - in fact, I can't imagine it looking any better. HD (PBS) is very very good as well. I'd have to say that both SD and HD feeds vary significantly from chanel to chanel - I am sure this is not news to anyone. DVD looks better than I expected (I am using RCA cables to connect to a component input while I wait for cables from Monoprice - these guys are top notch so far).

I did bring it home laying flat in the back of a cab (minivan kind), with part of the box hanging off an edge - I was slightly uneasy about it, but no problems that I can now see. I will be connecting my PC with a DVI>HDMI cable, will let you know how that goes when the cables arive, as well as whether using component cables over RCA cables with a DVD player makes any visible difference.

I did not get the BB PSP, but obviously I will be going back to get one, now that I've caught up on all the issues some are having. To be honest, for that price vs what we get, I am willing to accept the potentially higher risk of having issues.

So far I am 100% satisfied. I will let you know if that changes.

Best of luck to those having problems as well as those looking to buy one.
post #569 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post

Sorry for the rant.. anyway.. what is the general consensus for people on here? Is everyone buying the extended warranty for the Westy? It's $250 for an additional 3 yrs? Does this include in-home service if anything goes wrong or do you have to bring it back to the store?

Well that is one heck of a price for extended warranty, I got my 47w1 yesterday from BB and they charged me 180usd for 4year extended service plan.
post #570 of 6183 Old 06-10-2007, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Ed,

good luck,

Techleaper

Quote:

Went to Best Buy yesterday and they were quite willing to Price Match with the current 12% coupon making the 47 cost $ . So everyone who bought from BB the first week the set came out, go get your credit!!

Techleaper Thanks for the response. I'll be sure to call tomorrow, and use Huggybears suggestion to have the item number handy. Noticed that you referenced the 47 at 12% off MSRP w/price match, then noticed you've been giving a TX-42 a bacth of tests. I'm thinking you have one to many Westies. If so which did you actually get, if you have more than one.. ..... Well you deserve two.. wtheck!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
470uf cap , Westinghouse Tx 42f430s 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , westinghouse tx-47f430s
Gear in this thread - 470uf by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page