Official Westinghouse TX Series ( TX-42F430S, TX-47F430S ) Owner's Thread - Page 207 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6181 of 6184 Old 08-28-2014, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I said T-Con inadvertently. It's the Master and Slave Inverter board where the obvious bad caps are. Thumbed below is the overview and cage where the PSU and Main board are housed..
I managed to get the PSU out for an inspections but could only take a picture of the main board thur an opening.

I'll guess it was assembled in 04/2007

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Westinghouse overview.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	232929   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5323.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	232937   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5320.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	232945  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6184 Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I went back to post 6121 for a picture of the 42" version like mine is and see that yours is definitely different. Are you certain that whole metal panel doesn't come off some how? It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't since you have to be able to get to the PCBs for repair or replacement. Give it a good look see before you start drilling out rivets. I don't see any through hole caps on your board from the picture you took so I'm wondering if you have the same board that we're talking about. You did replace all those bulging caps didn't you? Dave

Last edited by orgwood; 08-28-2014 at 09:56 PM.
post #6183 of 6184 Old 09-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile 470uf cap

I have the TX42F430S tv with the same Amber light issue and a TV that would just not turn on. Thanks to everyone for this thread. After reading all the posts, ordering the 470uf 16v 105c cap from Amazon... for a very low price, I had fun tonight taking the TV apart.
I looked at all the caps and they looked in good shape. No tops bulging. So I went with the write up and looked for the 470uF cap above the 150 M64. It also looked good to me with no problems at all.... but after taking the TV apart I was not about to stop. So, I pulled out that cap and solder a new 470uf on anyway. AND IT WORKED!!! TV came right on all channels working. Thanks to all that took the time to add to this tread. I was ready to trash my tv and now it's back up and running. And I am no expert in soldering or working on electronics. It was very simple process thanks to the pictures and directions posted here.
post #6184 of 6184 Old 10-11-2014, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy All 4 HDMI connections not working

I have had the 42F430S for many years. Last night when I came home and found out there is a power outage during the day. Then I also recognized none of the HDMI connection works anymore, I mean all 4 HDMI connections which I had connected to different source (DVD, cable box, DVR, Roku) which had all works before. I had unplug the power to reset the TV. I had press the power button for 10+ seconds to do a reset. I had turned off the Autosource. I unplug all the HDMI cables and plug it back it. I tried each HDMI source and all of them go through the "Detecting" and then said "No Input Signal".

At first I thought the TV is totally broken but then I tried other input source for my Xbox and Wii which are not using HDMI connections. Both cases work so the TV is still functioning.

To me the problem is only with my HDMI connections (all 4). So any suggestion on what I can do.

Or it is a time to buy a new TV?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
470uf cap , Westinghouse Tx 42f430s 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , westinghouse tx-47f430s
Gear in this thread - 470uf by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page