Official Westinghouse TX Series ( TX-42F430S, TX-47F430S ) Owner's Thread - Page 208 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgwood View Post
Could you use the firmware dumped from a working set onto a flash drive? Maybe someone here knows how to do that for you? Dave
That's really half the answer to what i'm looking to do, if someone knows how to dump the firmware without removing the Firmware chip from the board i'm sure he knows how to upload the firmware back without using the USB.

my last resort is removing the chip and program it then solder it back , the only thing making me wait for another solution is that i need a TSOP56 adapter for my chip Programmer to be able to program the s29GL128 flash ,and to build the adapter its really a time consuming thing.

Hopefully someone will step in with a solution .

by the way the symptoms of the corrupted firmware is that the TV will turn on then show the Big W Logo and then turns back off with an orange Light , it will never turn to Blue light i'm sure many of the posters to this thread have this problem on there TX-47 or TX-42 and they end up throwing the board away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
470uf cap , Westinghouse Tx 42f430s 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , westinghouse tx-47f430s
Gear in this thread