Official Westinghouse TX Series ( TX-42F430S, TX-47F430S ) Owner's Thread - Page 209 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
"Are there any reliable IN CIRCUIT esr testers?"

I use the Peak Atlas ESR70. You can probably get one for around $120 USD on eBay.
It will display both ESR and Capacitance.
I have found many bad caps in-circuit with it, including C51 in my TX-47F430S
How ever,"reliable" is a relative term. In-circuit testing will always have a degree of inaccuracy.

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/jz_esr70.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally had a chance to get some pics. Anyone ever see anything like this?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've never seen that on my LCD TV. If those dark or discolored areas don't move, I can only suspect that the display has been damaged possibly by being frozen or heat. If the spots don't move but do change colors it could be that certain transistors on that pixel are not working...think RGB on each dot. That's all I can come up with.
Anyone else?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:07 PM

Liked: 10
There is no color change. Only black lines.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
"There is no color change. Only black lines."

The photos show darkened horizontal rows 1 pixel wide across the entire screen. That suggests a poorly connected cable from the TV to the screen.
The TV glass screen is connected to the rest of the TV with 2 broad ribbon cables. One along the top and the other along the right or left side. They control horizontal and vertical lines in the TV screen. The intersection of these horizontal and vertical lines form a matrix of pixels. Each pixel sits on one vertical and one horizontal line. Usually these flat cables are made of polyimide, a clear orange flexible plastic.
As I posted earlier, these cables are connected to the screen with anisotropic paste or tape. This adhesive can dry out and become lose. When it does, control lines will lose electrical contact, resulting in vertical or horizontal dropout lines. This problem is more common in cheaper TV's form China. Watch out ones with unrecognizable brand names or manufactured autonomously for companies like Westinghouse.
This is a very frustrating problem, since there is no way for the average person to fix it, at least not that I have been able to find.

Since the main logic board is the ultimate driver for these control signals, a problem in the main board must also be considered. The best way to trouble shoot the main board would be to swap it out for another and see what happens. Given the high cost of a replacement board and the low probability of success, it is probably not worth doing.
Old Today, 11:57 AM

Liked: 0
I need a copy of the firmware for the tx42f430s if any of you have it please upload it. or send it to Thriskisska @ yahoo .com
I'm a new poster so can't post e-mail proper. Thanks for your time

Tags
470uf cap , Westinghouse Tx 42f430s 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , westinghouse tx-47f430s