Official Westinghouse TX Series ( TX-42F430S, TX-47F430S ) Owner's Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know the BB item # for the 42"?

I just called my local BB and gave him the 47" item # posted in this thread but he said they didn't have it. I asked him what Westinghouse models they had and he read off some model i've never heard of before. He also said it was listed at $1399. I'm doubting its the 42" TX but just wanted to make sure here and see if anyone knows the exact item # for the 42.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgami View Post

Benzoate,

Since you have the 47W1 and the TX-47 think you can throw a Progressive Scan DVD player and have each upscale it to 1080p to see the diff. I'm really interested to see how good that new Video Chip is compared to the Faroudja DCDi that was in the 37W3,42W2,47W1.

Yes. I should be able to do this for you this weekend. I will pick up a friends P.S. DVD and report with all the details & pics.

Today, bike ride with my fiance. I have been neglecting her....as you can see. So quality time with her and then I will dig in with the requests and updates.

Later this evening, I will be able to settle in and take care of a few. All day tomorrow and Monday will be open to completing the tests.

Xcalibur_255, Ohgami, jwdsail, etc....I'll get on it as soon as I can. Xcalibur_255, the room is set up for your test. Do you have an image(red, crimson) you wish to use?

Thanks everyone,

~b3nzon8

WESTY: TX-47F430s & LVM-47w1 & DELL m2010 Remote
PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #93 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdsail

First - Thanks for the posts so far! Lucky .. both of my dream HD sets to your self!

Have a request, if you don't mind....

Could you put your camera in manual exposure ... (manual color too if possible...) set it against both screens on a middle gray image, then take a few shots of them side by side in both a well lit room and a dark room every-time with the same image on both the screens (some movies would be great... Sin City, Blade Runner, Das Boot, any others you like...)(No flash with either well lit or dark room if possible?) Shots comparing these movies w/ Dynamic Contrast on and off would be great as well... (nah, I'm not too picky ;-) )

Just trying to get a better idea of what I'm seeing... In some of your shots, I'd say the older 47 looks better to my eyes.. But can't tell if it's the screen or the camera.. Some of the photos the camera is trying to expose for the room being properly exposed, not the screens....(at least how it looks)

Have you already calibrated the LVM to the settings on the LVM thread and not done anything on the TX? Or are both "out of the box" settings-wise?[/color] [/b]

~~~~~~~~

Hello jwdsail,

No problem at all.
The camera: Sony DSC-S75 (3.3 MP)
I am very pleased with the images this camera produces.

BOTH PANELS:
A bit of user menu calibration, but a factory reset is in order for these tests. No problem. They are both "out of the box" and ready to test.
I won't fully calibrate until there are more owners and much more feedback.

I am researching video drivers to solve my DVI-HDMI issues with the Nvidia GO 7800 GTX problem. There is a workaround, but I need the solution. Both of these are extremely beautiful panels @ 1:1 pixel mapping. Currently, the issue with the connectivity with the TX, I would say the LVM is the best way to go. Yet, a few hours ago, I was able to connect via DVI-HDMI to the TX which not only matched the LVM for 1:1 beauty, but bested it with deeper colors and a greater viewing angle(much better & without the LVM red/pink washout). The LVM is amazing and I even think, at this point that it displays HD content better than the TX. Also, the LVM produces a slightly "CRISPER" picture via DVI. I say that now, but I have had very very little time to dig into the TX. Another week and we will have it turned inside out.

I will set up tomorrow and get you the pics you need. Also, PM links to pics I can d/l and match on both laptops(identical drivers & video cards, both Dell e1705 w/ Nvidia GO 7800). I also have a gaming rig(this one) E1705 with the GO 7800 GTX(which has presented the connection problem. Hmmm.

Do you mind if I post your request & my response (or at least the request?) so others with the same question can gather the info from the thread?

Its all a work in progress.

I'll keep you posted and thanks!

~b3nz0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #94 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Thanks tons and have a good time
post #95 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post

Wow Benzonate, thanks for all the great info!

I got a question for you since you have the tx47 right in front of you.. What do you have the TV currently resting on? Is the metal grating pretty darn sturdy or is the TV not that heavy..?

The manual says it's 83 lbs. and I'm having a hard time debating whether I would need a new stand. The current stand I have has a top shelf *rated to 70 lbs*, but I wonder if it could easily handle a little more. I have an lcd ~50 lbs sitting on it w/o issue now. It's an audio rack w/ 5/8" mdf and two metal tubes in the front and one support in the middle back. Here's a link to the product: Stand

It uses 5/8" mdf so I'm thinking the stand should easily be able to support the weight. Perhaps I could throw a small 2x4 between the top and next shelf to add a little extra support for security..?

I apologize since this isn't exactly the forum for discussing stands, but it's not easy finding stands/racks where the top shelf can support a decent amt of weight.

Mikeoz,

I have a few ideas for a stand that might work. I'll post links later or PM you. It must be solid.

Thanks,

~b3nzon8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #96 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post

Desktop running nvidia's driver version 1.0.8776-r1 straight from portage. Here is the Xorg log

Excellent work and thanks Troyd.

I'll post the success of all of my desktop cards as well in the next week.

~b3nz0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #97 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZONATE View Post

Mikeoz,

I have a few ideas for a stand that might work. I'll post links later or PM you. It must be solid.

Thanks, I'm open to suggestions. I posted in another forum and one person thought the stand should easily be able to handle ~80 lbs on the top shelf. I'll probably verify this by stacking weights on the top shelf and see if it flexes or if there's any give at all. I'll load it up w/ 100 lbs to be safe and see how it looks. I'm thinking that worst case wedging a 2x4 for additional rear support (since that's where it would give out if anywhere) should be able to do the trick. I have a ~50 lb lcd sitting on it now and I can lean alot of my weight on the top shelf also and it seems ok. I'll try a bit more of a scientific approach perhaps tomorrow by loading it up w/ weights when I have the time.

Thanks again for all your help and input man. I know my GF would be getting annoyed if I was in ur case. Must be a keeper...
post #98 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 PM

The 47TX looks like a Monster I really want that TV I have a Sony 42E2000 LCD rearprojection TV I bought last September 7th right before NFL kickoff it's cool but that TX looks way better. I stay in a 2 bedroom 2 bath Apt with my fiance I do not know if she will let me buy the TV because our Bedroom is not that big the Sony 42 I think may be a bit much for the Master Bedroom and plus we are saving up for a House I do not know if I want to hear her mouth if I spend some of my savings on the TV but I really want that TV. I have a Westy 32W6 in the bedroom.
post #99 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Someone needs to wallmount one of these babies and post pics

Anyone got info on the 42 incher?
post #100 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 02:46 PM

This is cross-posted from the anticipation thread. I saw 47 in on sale at my local best buy today (Saturday).
I asked the sales person about the 42 in, and he said he had never heard of it/ it wasn't on his computer. I then pointed out that the 47 also wasn't on his computer, at which point he said "Uhh, well, it's new". I then pointed out that the 42 in is also new, but he still couldnt find it. BB employees annoy me sometimes.
So, to anyone headed out to Best Buy, even if you're buying the 47 in, could you please ask about the 42 in? An item number, or any other information you could gather would be great. I'm hoping to get one while this 12% coupon is still valid, but that's looking less and less likely.
post #101 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 04:43 PM

all i'm seeing on this thread is that BB is selling this set. do other retailers handle it also? i'm hoping to buy one from CC when they have their next same as cash promotion -- 12 or 18 months. i've never seen a same as cash promotion at BB. any help much appreciated.
post #102 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMM3 View Post

all i'm seeing on this thread is that BB is selling this set. do other retailers handle it also? i'm hoping to buy one from CC when they have their next same as cash promotion -- 12 or 18 months. i've never seen a same as cash promotion at BB. any help much appreciated.

BB is #1 on Westy's list of Retailers. They'll Ship out to BB and then after a while send out to others. So I'd say 1 month from now you'll probably see it in CC and other B&M places that Normally carry Westys.
post #103 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Benzonate - Let's try these for red shots:
http://www.lawhern.org/Photos/Red-Poppy-SF2004.jpg
http://www.beddingplants.com.au/downloads/CINERARIA.JPG
http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/flow...hres-1-OGS.jpg

I will compare how they look on your two displays against their appearance on my SyncMaster 214T monitor so I have something to compare to. I'm familiar with it's color points and gamut range. The third picture is kind of a trap because that shot doesn't have vivid color. The red should look pretty flat and I want to see if it does on the LVM and TX.

Oh, and I have to give you a hard time here just for fun...... the colors you're using for your posts are an eye killer for those of us who don't use the default AVS color scheme.
post #104 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur_255 View Post

I will compare how they look on your two displays against their appearance on my SyncMaster 214T monitor so I have something to compare to. I'm familiar with it's color points and gamut range. The third picture is kind of a trap because that shot doesn't have vivid color. The red should look pretty flat and I want to see if it does on the LVM and TX.

Oh, and I have to give you a hard time here just for fun...... the colors you're using for your posts are an eye killer for those of us who don't use the default AVS color scheme.

Fiance quality time for this evening. She is leaving tomorrow, so it is full on all day Sunday & part of monday. We'll see what we can come up with. Feel free to send links, ask questions, etc and I'll catch up with you guys later.

Thanks so much,

~b3nz0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #105 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 07:31 PM

hello people. I just went to my local Best Buy in New York to see if they have the 47" Westy in stock or on display to check it out. The sales guy says that they aren't going to display the Westy in any New York Show room. So if I wanted to buy it I needed to buy it sight unseen. But that I would have the 30 day money back guarantee and I could apply the 10% coupon which he says expires today (I knew he was lying about that since I had a printout of the coupon in my bag which expires the 28th not the 26th).

But anyway, was this guy selling me a bunch of baloney? Is the Westy not going to be displayed in any New York Store? Sounds kind of fishy to me, especially since he was lying about the coupon. Anyone know about this at all?
post #106 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1138s View Post

hello people. I just went to my local Best Buy in New York to see if they have the 47" Westy in stock or on display to check it out. The sales guy says that they aren't going to display the Westy in any New York Show room. So if I wanted to buy it I needed to buy it sight unseen. But that I would have the 30 day money back guarantee and I could apply the 10% coupon which he says expires today (I knew he was lying about that since I had a printout of the coupon in my bag which expires the 28th not the 26th).

But anyway, was this guy selling me a bunch of baloney? Is the Westy not going to be displayed in any New York Store? Sounds kind of fishy to me, especially since he was lying about the coupon. Anyone know about this at all?

The Best Buy closest to me also told me they would not be stocking / displaying the TX-47F430S. I called the next closest store and they had one in stock, probably the display model not yet setup. They also rambled off other stores that all had one in stock, it was just about every upstate NY store except for the one closest to me. I think most stores that had one in stock should have them on display starting tomorrow.

I started a BB warranty claim on my LVM-42w2 a week and a half ago and was able to get the TX for the price difference. They also applied the 12% coupon to the TX so the price difference was a great deal for 5 more inches and a new model.

So far I have been really pleased with the TX compared to the LVM. The contrast seems much better and I haven't noticed any banding whatsoever. The only thing bugging me is about 10 stuck pixels, one pretty close to the middle of the screen and stuck green. They haven't been noticable from a regular viewing distance though. Thanks to everyone for their updates over the last few days. I'll do what I can to address any questions.
post #107 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 08:48 PM

I connected my laptop via the VGA input and tried both 720p and 1080p and both looked very nice! 1080p was extremely clear and had no overscan once i did the "auto adjust" on the tv. I tried some of the WMVHD 1080p samples and it was very sweet indeed.
post #108 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur_255 View Post

I may have an opportunity to do this tonight. We will see in just a bit.

~b3z0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #109 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMM3 View Post

Humm3,
CC does not carry Westinghouse TV's. I am not sure that any other national B & M carries the full line of Westinghouse digital TV's. My purchase of the TX-47 at BB included 12% off coupon and same as cash until Jan 09. Cheaper than all the online sellers !!
post #110 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:14 PM

PIP: No luck here attempting to "enable" PIP on the TX 47 yet. I will attempt a number of inputs tomorrow...all day tomorrow.

~b3nz0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #111 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techleaper View Post

Humm3,
CC does not carry Westinghouse TV's. I am not sure that any other national B & M carries the full line of Westinghouse digital TV's. My purchase of the TX-47 at BB included 12% off coupon and same as cash until Jan 09. Cheaper than all the online sellers !!

Yes, grab the 12%(10% if you are not part of the REWARDS program) and grab or preorder your TX prior to the coupon deadline (May 28th). BB is a PARTNER of WESTINGHOUSE, thus receiving channel priorty over, apparently, all other retailers(e-tailers). This is why BB is selling the first of the TX line and others are pushing the ship dates back considerably. I received, via a great BB manager, the "Display Model". It is the only one in my state. BB is receiving stock (in transit) as we speak and you will see more arriving this week.

Also:

TX-42F430s is not showing in BB inventory or in their computers yet. I believe it will follow the TX-47 release. I have spoken to a number of BB managers(today) and this is the consensus. Only time will tell.

~b3nzon8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #112 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZONATE View Post

PIP: No luck here attempting to "enable" PIP on the TX 47 yet. I will attempt a number of inputs tomorrow...all day tomorrow.

~b3nz0n8

b3, I had simultaneous inputs to components 1 and 2, HDMI 1, RF and VGA and couldn't ungrey PIP in setup menu. I think PIP on the TX-47 is a dead issue, with unfortunate reminders in setup and on remote.
post #113 of 6198 Old 05-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone found discrete remote codes for input? Cycling through inputs really sucks.
post #114 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 AM

Hopefully, everyone will see today's BB ad that all TV's are 10% off Sunday and Monday only. If you already purchased the TV/monitor, go back and have them price adjust for the additional 10%. This is too sweet a deal. I am looking forward to being a TX47 owner by this afternoon. Local BB said there were 50 in the their regional warehouse as of Friday.

PS Remember why we are celebrating this weekend. We would not be so free without all of the men and women who have, and continue to fight for our freedom. Thanks to them and their families.
post #115 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

The 10% off coupon states "Markdowns take from regular prices." So, I'm not thinking you're going to be getting 20% off TVs this weekend.
post #116 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Can anyone with the tx47 do me a favor and measure the dimensions of the base for the tv? That would be very much appreciated!

It looks like I'll probably stick with the stand that I have. I stacked up 100lbs of free weights onto the stand and I don't see any considerable flexing or stress on the stand. I also leaned on it w/ my weight on top of that and wiggled it a little bit and it seems ok. I think the 70 lb listed weight limit for the top shelf might be a little conservative, so ~80lb tv. should be perfectly fine.

Thanks!
post #117 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Can anyone with the tx47 do me a favor and measure the dimensions of the base for the tv? That would be very much appreciated!

The base of the TX-47F430S is about 25.5" wide and 9" deep.
post #118 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 11:25 AM
DDD

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Any one try the PS3 with the new set?

Any sparkles?

Does it work with the 1080p/24 setting?

Any info would be appreciated.
post #119 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:

It looks like I'll probably stick with the stand that I have. I stacked up 100lbs of free weights onto the stand and I don't see any considerable flexing or stress on the stand. I also leaned on it w/ my weight on top of that and wiggled it a little bit and it seems ok. I think the 70 lb listed weight limit for the top shelf might be a little conservative, so ~80lb tv. should be perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Very good to hear. Keep an eye on a top heavy rack.
I notice on my commercial racks, as I move them forward to adjust cables, the panels will sway forward and back a bit.

The carpet under the casters flexes a bit as well, with the weight.

Securing the 1st shelf with the 2nd shelf may also be a good idea as well.

Good luck!

~b3nz0n8

PICS:
#1 Dell m2010 RH515
#2 WH
#3 (COLOR)
TX SERIES
post #120 of 6198 Old 05-27-2007, 01:15 PM

my BB said today that they'd be in next week. they too said there were 75 in the warehouse. not sure that warehouse if for the whole country or not. anyway she offered me the 10% discounted price, the final with tax being eighteen bens and four buckeroos (6 percent tax). gr8 deal, i think. plus i can do no intrerest and min payments until 2009. she said she'd be there tomorrow and gave me her name etc and told me how to reach her at the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TupeloXman View Post

Hopefully, everyone will see today's BB ad that all TV's are 10% off Sunday and Monday only. If you already purchased the TV/monitor, go back and have them price adjust for the additional 10%. This is too sweet a deal. I am looking forward to being a TX47 owner by this afternoon. Local BB said there were 50 in the their regional warehouse as of Friday.

PS Remember why we are celebrating this weekend. We would not be so free without all of the men and women who have, and continue to fight for our freedom. Thanks to them and their families.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
470uf cap , Westinghouse Tx 42f430s 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , westinghouse tx-47f430s
Gear in this thread - 470uf by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page