Official Olevia 237T Owner's Thread - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1471 of 1483 Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Have a 237-T12 that has picture but no sound. Hook tv to my pc HDMI sound card and I am able to get sound thru my pc speakers just fine. Is it worth trying to fix tv sound issue or should I just get an external sound bar?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1483 Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phownman View Post

Have a 237-T12 that has picture but no sound. Hook tv to my pc HDMI sound card and I am able to get sound thru my pc speakers just fine. Is it worth trying to fix tv sound issue or should I just get an external sound bar?
Thanks for any help.
How is the tv hooked up. cable box? Need better info is to how your tv is set up.
post #1473 of 1483 Old 12-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Was originally when sound went out. Also had blue-ray player hooked up thru HDMI port when sound went out. Got video from blur-ray but no sound.

post #1474 of 1483 Old 01-31-2015, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phownman View Post
Was originally when sound went out. Also had blue-ray player hooked up thru HDMI port when sound went out. Got video from blur-ray but no sound.
Did you end up finding a solution? Same issue, was watching BD, I have a monoprice HDMI switch, I went to switch it back to my sat receiver, I felt a static spark on my finger when touching the switch, and no more audio in through HDMI. Component input works, speakers work on TV, I tested the switch, all the cables, on another TV and they work. Tried connecting direct from both BD and SAT to TV via HDMI and no audio..
post #1475 of 1483 Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
By any chance does anybody have the 237T firmware, doesn't have to be the latest I'll take anything.
post #1476 of 1483 Old 11-27-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtoM View Post
By any chance does anybody have the 237T firmware, doesn't have to be the latest I'll take anything.
Yes, I have it. Send me PM with an email address that can accept attachments.
Bernie
post #1477 of 1483 Old 10-10-2016, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Red face Same Olevia 237 T11 TV need firmware for same symptoms as yours! Please help

Well come up 3 YEARS later! Mr. VFERDMAN, I too just got an Olevia 237 T11 Flat Screen TV.
All we want it for is the HDMI. So I went out and bought a new cord, then there was no remote clicker with it, so we ordered one that is actually FOR an Olevia and it works.
OK NOW what to do?
I have read and read and read these threads. Yours is the ONLY one that has SUCCESS, and you TOLD what you did.
Not that I really understand it, but your symptoms are exactly like ours is doing. So if I can get this same firmware you
got I might have some hope. But since it has been 3 YEARS the link you put up is no good. So now what do I do?
You say:

" I flashed it with the older, two-step firmware loader (it was no longer at that link) . I only went as far as step one and before step two the instructions require you to unplug the TV for 10 seconds and then plug it in and turn it on. Well when I unplugged it and re-plugged it and tried turning it on... IT WORKED! "

Is there ANY way of now in the year 2016 getting this necessary firmware loader. Is the loader different than the firmware?

Please help. This is our ONLY TV and we have not had one now in 2 years since we left the Big Island of Hawaii because the lava took our my husbands work, the lava was so bad could not breathe due to asthma. So have been getting by on 1 Dell computer and my husband uses an iPad. So if we can even just get this Olevia TV to work just for HDMI I will be able to see the screen. I get seizures and really bad headaches from the computer.

So we are trying everything we can figure out to get this TV to work.
We found the HDMI letters on the blue screen when we hit the display button now. It does not STAY on however. The other way we can get to HDMI using the clicker is to click on Menu see "pictures" then using down arrow go down 3 to Screen hit enter, down 2 more hit enter, see Main Picture Source, AND HDMI You will see 2 large icons but this will not stay on except for only a few seconds and there are 3 red boxes on both the pictures. So it seems that the HDMI is not working, Even though we just bought a brand NEW HDMI cord AND I can get to the proper place on my Dell Computer for HDMI and the images of the TV as a duplicate or as other etc.

Are you still with this site Mr. VFERDMAN? Is there any way I can get the Firmware for this problem that was exactly like yours?????Do you will use your Olevia 237 T11 TV?
My name is: Antoinette Jackson my email is islandantoinette at yahoo can you please write me regarding this problem? I'd sure like to see the TV, the Diabetes makes my vision so bad even with glasses I can barely see the computer.
post #1478 of 1483 Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 PM

Mr. Vferdman:

Can you Please send me the files for this two step loader that worked for you?
I have the EXACT SAME problem.

"The symptom was the following: Blue standby light was on as long as the TV was plugged in and the hardware switch in the back was on. However, TV was not turning on. Blue light would not go out. Remote or actual power buttons did nothing."

I can't get the firmware to even try to download it either. What does "I FLASHED IT" mean?
Where you say in your above post the link for here is no longer valid. Can you send it to me or re post the two step firmware loader???

Thank you very much Antoinette Jackson
post #1479 of 1483 Old 10-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Mr. Berniez I also need desperately the firmware you sent to SixtoM.

Can you send it to me too? I can not PM you until I have 10 posts.
But I can tell you my email address is my first name antoinette with the word island in front of it and then you use the at sign
with yahoo. Can you send me the zip file?
I can't see my computer well enough due to diabetes I need this TV to work.
Thank you
post #1480 of 1483 Old 10-10-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtoM View Post
SIXtoM where you able to get your Olevia TV working using the firmware that Berniz sent you?
I am having the same problem.
Do you have a USB cable that fits into the outlet on the back of the TV too? Is that how you get the firmware
from your computer to the TV? 237 T11
Thank you Antoinette
post #1481 of 1483 Old 10-11-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandantoinette View Post
SIXtoM where you able to get your Olevia TV working using the firmware that Berniz sent you?
I am having the same problem.
Do you have a USB cable that fits into the outlet on the back of the TV too? Is that how you get the firmware
from your computer to the TV? 237 T11
Thank you Antoinette
The firmware I have is for the 237 T12 which has 2 hdmi ports. It will probably work. I am not sure though. I can send it to you if you want but you will be using at your own risk. I also have so old boot loaders for the Olevia tvs.
Bernie
post #1482 of 1483 Old 10-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post
The firmware I have is for the 237 T12 which has 2 hdmi ports. It will probably work. I am not sure though. I can send it to you if you want but you will be using at your own risk. I also have so old boot loaders for the Olevia tvs.
Bernie
Hey Berniez, I tried PMing you but solely joined this forum to see if I could have you possible send the firmware files to me as well. I need 15 posts to start PM'ing but hopefully you'll see this. Could you email the files to me at tlax04 at yahoo.com? Thank you!
post #1483 of 1483 Old 10-15-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlax04 View Post
Hey Berniez, I tried PMing you but solely joined this forum to see if I could have you possible send the firmware files to me as well. I need 15 posts to start PM'ing but hopefully you'll see this. Could you email the files to me at tlax04 at yahoo.com? Thank you!
Exactly which firmware do you want. For which TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page