O.K this is my first post so please bear with me. I just bought the 237t from office depot, and i have until Monday to return it if i need to. i like the pq in hd on some channels like discovery and mojo, espn and fsn has to (repixelize?) all the time and is very annoying(esp. since i just spent almost a grand), and sd is barely tolerable (it is fuzzy) and when i streach it its even worse.( i have tw digital and am using the hdmi) The pq is very good on my 360 except for the white being blurry on lost planet, ect.. i watched "the decent" on the 360 the other day and the blacks had poor definition. overall, i like the tv except for sd quality and what seems like poor black definition.
i did have a couple of questions:
1. since i am spending $850 with a warranty, i dont mind spending a 1 or 2 hundred more if the quality is going to be that much better. so, is the 537h from target or td worth the money?
2. if i use the hdmi for my cable, and i get a hddvd player can i use the dvi input for the player? eliminating the need to get the new 237t with 2 hdmi inputs.
3. this repixelizing(or whatever) is knida getting on my nerves especially in sd. is this something everone deals with unless you get a $2000-3000 set, or is ther another set around for just a little more?
4. Why would the pq be bad, could it be the contrast ratio 1600:1, or the processor? i'm kinda confused. for example, the washed out blacks could be contrast and the repixilization problems could be the processor or maybe the cable signal? this is my first lcd tv, and maybe i'm being too critical.
5. does the contrast ratio really matter that much, is 1600 enough? i read somewhere that as long as it was over 1200, then it's o.k.
6. last question, when comparing the 237t and the 537h. would it be safe to assume that i can use the ratings in consumer reports for the 537h for my 237t?
thanks for the help, i just want to make sure i am making the right decision.