Official Insignia LCD Thread: NS-LCD32 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 201 Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

You would hook an HDMI cable from the DVD recorder to the 2nd HDMI input on the TV. Your DVD recorder having a HDMI output means that it will upconvert DVD from 480 lines of resolution up to 1080p (since this tv only supports 720p, I would only upconvert it to 720p). You most likely have to go into the settings of the DVD recorder to set it to 720p.

Yeah this is what my simple little mind doesn't get. I would connect my HDMI output (which is the only thing it has) from my HD cable box into HDMI-1 input from the TV lets say. Then I would connect my HDMI output (which is also the only thing it has) from my DVD Recorder player into the HDMI-2 input from the TV. What I don't get it what INPUT should I set this to if I want to put something from TV which comes from the cable box basically to DVD? I would think I would use HDMI-1 to get the cable or stuff on my DVR

You see when I was hooked to do the composites or now currently to the component input; I am able to record stuff from my TV to a DVD just poor quality. I just had to change my input to the composite. But that was because of the connection Audio and Video outs of the HD cable box to the inputs of the DVD player and the connections of the RF in out cables to cable box and TV IN . I don't really see that samecable box to DVD player connection using HDMI cables.

But after reading the setup more, it says "the HD signal is converted to standard definition signal even if using HDMI output connection is used". Sounds like false advertising on the box to me

Oh well, thanks for your help by the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 201 Old 01-22-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerva View Post

Yeah this is what my simple little mind doesn't get. I would connect my HDMI output (which is the only thing it has) from my HD cable box into HDMI-1 input from the TV lets say. Then I would connect my HDMI output (which is also the only thing it has) from my DVD Recorder player into the HDMI-2 input from the TV. What I don't get it what INPUT should I set this to if I want to put something from TV which comes from the cable box basically to DVD? I would think I would use HDMI-1 to get the cable or stuff on my DVR

I'm not 100% sure what your asking. Your cable box should have component out and you DVDR should have component in(I'm hoping that the cable box and DVDR both have optical connections for the audio, if not you will have to use the red/white stereo cable for the audio). This will be the connection for getting video from the cable box to the DVDR. You would use hdmi input 1 on the tv to WATCH your cable box. You would use hdmi input 2 to WATCH anything from the DVDR. The actual recording would take place from the component cables between the DVDR and cable box. This will give you the best picture since your DVDR does not have an hdmi input.
post #183 of 201 Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Anyone have any good quality video settings that you can share.
post #184 of 201 Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM

I bought my 32 inch insignia from afriend used. After hooking it up. The 1st thing I noticed was how hot the screen area got. Anyone else notice this. I am concerned about the picture tube going out. This may be why one other user on this thread was having problems with set turning off & on often. Maybe getting too hot , and shutting down on a thermal sensor switch.
post #185 of 201 Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 AM

I have older version of this tv(NS-LCD32F) and it gets hot because the backlight is set to maximum. Not sure if you have this version but check your manual and Go to menu under function called save mode. Usually set to AUTO. try mode 1 or better yet mode 2. This will reduce the light output and power consumption not to mention heat.

For anyone who cases about power consumption(for my model):

AUTO: 175 Watts approx
Mode 1: 125 Watts approx
Mode 2: 95 Watts approx

If you do use the other modes though you will have to increase brightness, contrast etc as the light dims. I only use USER settings and tweak my own so not sure how the preset look. I have contrast at 60 and brightness 57 though for watching TV I didnt notice much difference when tweaking.

For my HDMI on the other hand, I calibrated with my PS3 connected and came to these user settings(save mode 2 is what mine is set at) using AVSHD 709(which I might add works great!).

Contrast: 40
Brightness: 47
Color: 45
Sharpness: 30

I am no expert but this works for me
post #186 of 201 Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 AM

Just picked up the 32 inch a month ago, it appears as though this particular model has been discontinued, Just wondering if someone could help me with setup for an optium movie experence. Thanks

Tom j.
post #187 of 201 Old 08-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone.

Has anyone found a way to get around this overscan issue? I have this TV, and I just built myself an HTPC, and it only detects the video mode (via HDMI) as 1280x720, so I have a large number of pixels around the screen on all sides cut off.
post #188 of 201 Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM

anybody ever seen this....

These vertical lines will not go away on my Insignia LCD NS-32. This happens on all inputs. It's close to 3 years old. Wondering what the cause may be and how much it cost. Thanks for any help you can provide.
post #189 of 201 Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM

Googled this:
This television, appears to have had a failure in the mainboard. This is the board that controls the video functions and sound functions. The unit should be taken or sent in to a service center for testing and servicing. The service center will have all the correct service information to determine the problem for you. You can call Insignia customer support at this telephone number 1-877-467-4289. You can also got to the customer support website at www.insignia-products.com. Go to the support section and ask them for help on how to get service for your television. I hope this information helps you with your problem.

Good luck
post #190 of 201 Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM

I've had my insignia model ns-lcd32 tv since September 2007. Recently the tv shut off and wouldn't turn back on. When I took it to an electronic repair shop, they told me they didn't have the part. I then called Best Buy, where I bought it from, and even the Geek Squad didn't have the part. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do?
post #191 of 201 Old 04-30-2010, 04:18 PM

I have this TV and have had it for a little over 2 years,the other day when I turned it on,after about 15 minutes the picture got a lot of lines in it and started to fade then it would shut down and power back up on it's own,the longer it was on the more frequent this would happen.
I was told it was the capacitors on the power supply board.
None of the caps look bad ,some have a VERY slight bulge on top.
What do you guys think?
post #192 of 201 Old 05-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting audio to work with an hdmi device. I recently switched from using vga to connect my computer to my tv (ns-lcd32-09) to hdmi. Before, i just used the regular audio cable jack that was next to the vga port on the tv (i cant remember what that format is called, but its the same as used in headphone jacks). That worked fine, but since I upgraded to hdmi, the tv doesnt want to use that audio input anymore. I checked the computer end of it, and it outputs fine to other speakers so thats not the problem. I also tried using a converter which turns the headphone format audio into composite cables and tried connecting to every other audio hookup on the tv, with no luck. Is it right that you cant use the TV speakers with hdmi? Somehow i find it hard to believe that this is a design oversight. Thanks in advance for your help.
post #193 of 201 Old 05-31-2010, 12:01 PM

Hopefully you check this, as I had the same issue. Not sure which O/S you are using, but your Graphics Card should have installed some HDMI audio drivers. So now all you have to do is go into your Sound/Audio settings on your PC and change the default to HDMI Audio.

Hope that helps. I felt stupid too after a buddy told me how to do it
post #194 of 201 Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 PM

I'm new here and hopefully this board isn't dead.

I've had this TV since Summer of 07 and the past year I need help with a few problems

1. Overscan on this tv is so annoying. I play my ps3 on it and when I view pictures and such, I can notice a significant part of the image being cut off. This happens when the PS3 is connected via HDMI and it's even worse when using component.

2. Burn in is ridiculous. It even states in the manual that this TV is susceptible, even though its LCD! When I view an image in 4:3 for over an hour, there are clearly lines burned in where the edges used to be, these lines usually take a couple of months to go away. But what is weird is that there is a washed out area about an inch around the upper and right edges of the TV that are not effected by this burn. So when a dark or grey image is displayed, this inconsistency is clearly visible and it's been ruining my Blu-ray and gaming experience.

Any help by anyone would be greatly appreciated.
post #195 of 201 Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 AM

Does anyone know how to get audio from the PC to the TV without using sound through a video card HDMI? None of the audio ports on the back of the TV seem to give me audio through the TVs speakers.

Currently I have my video card doing DVI to HDMI on the TV and for sound I'm kicking out an optical to a speaker system.

Well, I'm moving the speaker system to another room which means I need to figure out a way to get audio now for this TV.

Are my only options getting another speaker system, or getting sound through a video card HDMI?

My motherboard doesn't have a connection on the board to enable HDMI audio but I'm assuming I could use an ATI HD 5450 and use the HDMI out for video and sound...

I'd just rather use my various $2 cords I have laying around instead of getting a $50 video card.
post #196 of 201 Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 AM

sschrupp:

Just run a 3.5mm audio cable from the PC to the TV.
post #197 of 201 Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 AM

Well that's the problem. I tried connecting the sound card to the 3.5 jack in the back of the TV and got nothing. I also tried a Y connector with the red/white jacks in all of the red/white ports on the back of the TV and nothing there worked either.

I have the TV speakers switched to On and I get sound from my cable box when I do so. I get sound through the HDMI port from the cable box. For some reason I get no sound from any audio port no matter where I plug my video card's DVI to HDMI into the TV.

I tried moving the HDMI to each of the 3 inputs and tested every audio port on the TV.

Do you have this TV and are able to get sound from the TV speaker by plugging your video card into the 3.5 audio port? If so are you using HDMI for the video?

Thanks.
post #198 of 201 Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 AM

I don't think using HDMI for the video will work with the 3.5mm port. I would get a DVI-VGA cable and see if that helps. The only thing you will lose is the HDCP handshake for protected content.
post #199 of 201 Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
My apologies for resurrecting a thread from so long ago —

I have this TV in the bedroom and the blue drive has begun to get low. Traditional color and tint controls aren't doing it... there isn't enough blue, based on my experience in RGB color correction. I was able to enter "2580" on the remote to get to a hidden menu but not really able to do anything.

Does anyone have a line on a service manual for this TV or some suggestions on how to increase the blue?

It would sure be a "real shame" if I had to get rid of this TV and buy something better and more modern.

...also known as Stuart Sweet at DBSTalk.com
post #200 of 201 Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here so bear with me, hopefully I'm posting in the right place... My Insignia NS-LCD32FS has just suffered a problem with the picture. First it looked like everything was painted on the screen, then it just went to colors and horizontal and vertical lines. The sound still working fine. Does this sound like a mainboard issue or a logic board issue, or did my lcd panel just crap out on me? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #201 of 201 Old 07-28-2014, 07:40 AM

Liked: 0
Pixels cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbon2112 View Post
Hello everyone.

Has anyone found a way to get around this overscan issue? I have this TV, and I just built myself an HTPC, and it only detects the video mode (via HDMI) as 1280x720, so I have a large number of pixels around the screen on all sides cut off.
Anyone have a fix for this? I have the same issue and it is annoying.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page