I have a 32 inch Vizio L32 HDTV 10A that was purchased from Costco in April 2006. Everything has worked fine up until a few weeks ago when the TV started to randomly turn itself off.
A few pieces of information:
- The TV turns completely off - it's not just the screen going blank.
- The power always comes back on after pressing the power button on the remote
- I can't find any pattern. It happens during both SD and HD. Sometimes it will go for days without happening, other times it will happen a few times an hour.
- The TV is kept in a cabinet, so I thought the issue might be overheating. To test this, I pulled the TV out as far as possible to allow for more ventilation and put a 8" fan in the cabinet. While it seemed to take longer to happen, it still turned itself off with the fan blowing.
- Not sure if it is relevant, but there were some power outages over the last few weeks. The TV is plugged into a surge protector.
- I've left it unplugged for several hours to allow it to reset itself.
- I call Vizio's tech support, but they were of no help since it is out of warranty.
Has anybody else seen this same issue? Anything else I should try?