Help! Sharp 52D62U locked up (error message: No broadcast now [E203] - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
While I was out of town my Sharp 52D62U locked up. The error is "No broadcast now [E203]". Sharp is sending out a technician to look at the TV. They'll be here Thursday of next week. I didn't speak to them, wife did while I was out of town.

Any ideas on things I can do to try to troubleshoot the beast? We've tried unplugging it and leaving it off for hours. As soon as you plug it back in, it immediately powers up to this error message. The remote won't do anything.

I've searched on the error E203 and have only found threads that point to the 37" models.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo0sic View Post

While I was out of town my Sharp 52D62U locked up. The error is "No broadcast now [E203]". Sharp is sending out a technician to look at the TV. They'll be here Thursday of next week. I didn't speak to them, wife did while I was out of town.

Any ideas on things I can do to try to troubleshoot the beast? We've tried unplugging it and leaving it off for hours. As soon as you plug it back in, it immediately powers up to this error message. The remote won't do anything.

I've searched on the error E203 and have only found threads that point to the 37" models.

Thank you

I followed steps 11 through 18 of this post to reset my TV and it came back alive. WOO HOO!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post10532997

"Hold down the Volume Down and Input buttons on the TV and keep them held down for the next two steps;
Plug in the TV;
A white "K" should be displayed on the left side of the screen. Release the buttons;
Hold down the VOLUME DOWN and CHANNEL DOWN buttons until the Blue Service Menu appears and then release the buttons;
Verify that the new firmware is shown;
Using the remote control, press the DOWN button to change to the next page;
Using the remote, press the VOLUME UP button and then the ENTER button to change and execute the highlighted line (INDUSTRY INIT [Cause]);
Unplug the TV to complete the upgrade."
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page