Vizio VX37L Tuner question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just setup my VX37L tonight gang and when it does channel scan it only finds 61 channels and no digital or HD channels over my basic cable line.

My Mitsu DLP in the living room picked up 4 OTA HD channels(fox, cbs, nbc, abc) when I did a scan with it.

Is there a particular reason the Vizio wouldn't pick up any of the HD channels my DLP does? Is there something I need to do to make it scan digital channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame View Post

I just setup my VX37L tonight gang and when it does channel scan it only finds 61 channels and no digital or HD channels over my basic cable line.

My Mitsu DLP in the living room picked up 4 OTA HD channels(fox, cbs, nbc, abc) when I did a scan with it.

Is there a particular reason the Vizio wouldn't pick up any of the HD channels my DLP does? Is there something I need to do to make it scan digital channels?

Make sure that you've set the TV to scan for cable channels....there is an option for ANTENNA or CABLE in the menu. If you have already done this and you are still not getting any cable analog or digital channels, move the TV into the living room and connect the cable line that is now on your Mits to the Vizio to see if it picks up the channels. If it still doesn't, there may be something wrong with the cable tuner in the Vizio. If it does pick up the cable analog and digital channels, then there might be a problem with the cable jack in the room where you have the Vizio.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well it picks up abouit 61 Analog channels, but it always says 0 Digital on the scan. So its picking up cable channels, just not any HD ones or digital ones.

Oh well.....guess it won't matter since my wife wants a cable box in the bedroom anywayz. HD cable box will solve this problem.