Sceptre X42GV-NAGA + HDMI + 1080P problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using an Xbox 360 via the VGA port @ 1080P for some time now with no problems. I recently purchased my first HDMI device - an Xbox 360 Elite and plugged it in. At 1080P the screen looks horrible. Whites are filled with pixilated purple bands and blacks have red pixels in them. I have verified that when I connect the 360 using the VGA port that the screen is fine. Additionally if I switch to 1080I, 720P, etc things seem to get much better.

While I do not have any other 1080P devices to test with, my suspicion is that the problem is with the TV and not the 360.

Anyone have any suggestions?? I've had my TV for just over a year now so I am now past my warranty period
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Where did you buy this TV ? Not from Costco ? If you bought it from Costco then there is no time limit when you can return your TV if you still have receipt.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSS-TR View Post

Where did you buy this TV ? Not from Costco ? If you bought it from Costco then there is no time limit when you can return your TV if you still have receipt.

We did buy it from Costco. I know they changed their policy on TVs, but that was after we purchased...

I wish I had another 1080P TV or another device that does HDMI 1080P so I could properly troubleshoot ...

I haven't ran into anyone having this problem w/ either the Elite or the TV ...
post #4 of 6 Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Sceptre sent me the instructions on how to enter the debug mode and change the memory timing. Tweaking with the settings (1-6) could make things worse but not better. Hopefully they have another trick up their sleeve... otherwise, I think it might be time to rent a larger car and return the TV....
post #5 of 6 Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Update: Sceptre told me I'd have to send it the media box for a firmware update. Since it is out of warranty, this would cost $s. Just bought a Westinghouse TX-42F430S and am going to return the Sceptre to Costco.

Looks like the Westinghouse's colors are considerably(!!!) more vivid than the Sceptre's (assuming that the xbox 360 dashboard is the same on the 360 (VGA) vs 360 Elite (HDMI) when viewed side by side...

Looks like I'll be saving ~$1000 as well. Poor Costco ... lucky me.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader zog View Post

We did buy it from Costco. I know they changed their policy on TVs, but that was after we purchased...

I wish I had another 1080P TV or another device that does HDMI 1080P so I could properly troubleshoot ...

I haven't ran into anyone having this problem w/ either the Elite or the TV ...

My sceptre lcd died today. I too bought the tv before they changed their return policy? Is the return policy when I purchased the TV grandfathered? Paid $1200 for it and it dies shy of 2 years.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page