AVS Forum banner

Help - "Video 7" keeps popping up Sony KDL-V40XBR1

774 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Rob Relf 
#1 ·
I didn't post this in the thread for this model because it is so huge and looks pretty dead. I use this tv as a monitor for my HTPC connected to the VGA port (video 7) and some time back a problem started where "Video 7 PC" keeps popping up randomly on the screen for a few seconds. I tried another video card, no difference. It doesn't seem to correspond to any particular screen activity, will even do it on a static image. I found a post somewhere that said a different VGA cable had cured it but didn't work for me. Has anyone had this problem, found the solution? Sony's email support was worthless, just told me to press the Display button. If you have an idea, please help! Thanks--

Rob

#2 ·
Well, even though Sony's email support was no help I tried their phone support and they suggested resetting the tv to factory defaults. This is done by holding the "up" button on the remote and powering off the tv with its power button on the side while continuing to hold the button on the remote until the set comes on again. This puts everything in the state it was in when you took it out of the box. I had to go through and make all the adjustments again to my preferences and I have had the set on all day while I was doing things and I have not seen "video 7" pop up even once! Out of curiousity I tried displaying photos from a flash drive and it worked-- I never could get it working before. Anyway, maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.