Official Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U/LC-46D64U/LC-52D64U Owner's Thread - Page 116 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a list of optimal settings for the 46U? I am not trying to be lazy so i hope nobody takes offense to this question that I am sure has been asked a hundred times, but this thread is 110 pages long. I did a search, but i got back as much information.

Am I missing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 AM

Liked: 11
It has been awhile since anyone posted settings.

Baloo75's settings from an earlier post:

Color Temp = middle
BackLight = +9
Contrast = +36 (I like a bright picture)
Brightness = -12
Color = -1
Tint = +11
Sharpness = 0

CMS Hue:
R = +5
Y = -5
G = -1
C = 0
B = 0
M = -10

CMS Saturation:
R = +6
Y = 0
G = +15
C = 0
B = +3
M = +15

Tigerdave and a few others have posted settings also.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haevolution View Post

It has been awhile since anyone posted settings.

Baloo75's settings from an earlier post:

Color Temp = middle
BackLight = +9
Contrast = +36 (I like a bright picture)
Brightness = -12
Color = -1
Tint = +11
Sharpness = 0

CMS Hue:
R = +5
Y = -5
G = -1
C = 0
B = 0
M = -10

CMS Saturation:
R = +6
Y = 0
G = +15
C = 0
B = +3
M = +15

Tigerdave and a few others have posted settings also.

These were actually very good setting on my lc52d64u's with Banding problems, they certainly did help hide and mask the problem fairly good.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Curses! Monoprice is sold out of the 175# steel and aluminum mount! Any other good options for a similar mount in features, quality, and price?

ps. will the 125# version work ok with the 46"?:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Old 11-20-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandsharp View Post

Are you still here?.........I thought you'd be watching your perfect set

Actually bandsharp, when I posted that reply I was watching my set. See, I'm able to multi-task while watching TV. And I never said it was a perfect. But just so you know, I'm not going anywhere cause I still own this set.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwatcher View Post

Is there a list of optimal settings for the 46U? I am not trying to be lazy so i hope nobody takes offense to this question that I am sure has been asked a hundred times, but this thread is 110 pages long. I did a search, but i got back as much information.

Am I missing it?

There is a thread dedicated to settings for the Sharp D64U series here.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 AM

I haven't read through the whole thread but I have searched and paged through most of it. I just got a LC-46D64U and love the TV, but there is a small quirk which I am not sure is normal. I set it up to tune Digital Cable to find unencrypted QAM channels provided by Time Warner, and it found like 200 or so channels which are mostly the encrypted digital cable channels, and I found some normal broadcast channels that are unencrypted.

This works as expected, but when I tune to an encrypted channel it seems like it kills the OSD on the TV. By that, I mean that there is no channel number after about half a second, and the menu button or any other doesn't work to get anything on the screen. The screen will be 100% blank until I dial in a channel manually, and it will jump to it and if it's unencrypted or analog the TV will be back to normal. If its encrypted, the OSD stays for about half a second and goes away. Is this supposed to happen? I have not tried the firmware update yet, I just had a little time to play with the TV and I will give it an additional effort after work today.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn23 View Post

Actually bandsharp, when I posted that reply I was watching my set. See, I'm able to multi-task while watching TV. And I never said it was a perfect. But just so you know, I'm not going anywhere cause I still own this set.

jrn23 - I am still loving my set, and will gladly follow up on my experience. I'm on board with your previous post. It might not be perfect, but I plan on keeping this set and I'm not going anywhere either.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillyerek View Post

here is a crappy cell phone picture of what it looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillyerek View Post

I'm new to these boards and have found them extremely helpfull!!! I was able to skim through 100 some odd pages on a dlp problem I was having with another tv that lead me to take it apart and fix the "light tunnel mirror" problem myself. Saving like ~800$

Anyway, I've recently purchased the 52" version of this TV and have noticed some strange problems with a few of my HD channels. The picture "flickers" in a horizontal line less than a .25 inch band at the top and bottom 1/3rd of the screen. It does this and also goes black for less than a second on and off. I'm running through the component inputs from my comcast DVR. I thought this may be a problem with my cable but when I un-plug from the aquos and plug into my samsung dlp the picture is fine. I've also noticed this problem when watching some HD DVR'd shows. I've tried the "take out all your cable splitters" route and this seems to have no effect. Any ideas on what this might be / what I can try? Is this a problem with the TV or my Cable?

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can provide. I can try to post pictures later if that would be helpfull.

one last bump.. likely hood this a faulty set or bad cable?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:02 AM

Just got my 46" D64U and love it so far. Have noticed no banding but I haven't given it any gray screen test or anything like that.

I have it hooked to a Motorola HD cable box and notice that on pans that the video goes a little blocky sometimes momentarily. This looks to me like encoding artifacts - am I correct in assuming the digital cable codec doesn't have the bandwidth to properly support a fast pan in HD? Or is this a characteristic of the Sharp or LCD TVs in general?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Looks just like my second replacement and this is totally unacceptable. When checking serial # look at the sticker that's on the plastic bag with the Owners Manual in it. Mine has a letter "A" there but not on the set it's self.

My set is a little better than this post. But I don't see any bands on actual TV viewing, nor HD and computer game play. I wonder if there is any testing software better and TVBlink (4:3). Anything in HD. At least something in 16:9 or 16:10.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:

You have got to be kidding me!....Your not really going to keep that set?
and if I may say, "we are all very proud of you jrn for being multi-tasked"

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Oh well!

What exactly are you sorry to hear? That someone is satisfied with their purchase? Or could it be that I'm not going anywhere? This is still a sharp aquos D64U owners thread isn't it? Do you still own yours? Let's see some pictures of the flaws you are having.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy1234 View Post

My set is a little better than this post. But I don't see any bands on actual TV viewing, nor HD and computer game play. I wonder if there is any testing software better and TVBlink (4:3). Anything in HD. At least something in 16:9 or 16:10.

If you are willing to get into the service menu, there are a series of gray scale displays you can step through. Be aware that making changes in the service menu could really mess up your set. so be careful.

That said, here are the steps to get to the gray scale displays, taken from other posts in the D62U/D64U forums.

1) unplug the set.

2) hold input and volume down (on the set not the remote) simultaneously while plugging the set back in. Hold these buttons until a K symbol appears on the left side of the screen.

3) When you see the K, hold down both channel-down and volume-down(again on the set) until the service menu appears

4) at this point press #'s 1 through 6(on the remote) to get the various gray levels. DON'T MESS WITH ANYTHING ELSE. It is possible to destroy the set from within this menu.

Turn the tv off and back on again to return to normal.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 466
thread continued here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=920851
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...920851&page=16

please note the trolling and member bashing must stop

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle