Official Vizio GV52L Owner's Thread - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1231 of 1246 Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Wow, well over a year. Has anyone upgraded from this model and if so, what to? I'm beginnning to consider an upgrade to possibly the VF551XVT2A which is pretty cheap at Sam's right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1246 Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not yet. The newer sets including 3D capable are tempting. However, I've had my set for almost three years along with a Vizio 42" 1080p set. Both have been amazing for the price and might last until holographic TV is ready.
post #1233 of 1246 Old 06-23-2010, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I've had my 52 at home for almost 3 years too and it's still a great set. The sound is one of the best around. I bought a 55 Samsung for my cottage and the picture is amazing but the sound stinks. All of the new sets have terrible sound. If you don't plan on using a sound bar or Reciever then prepare for tinny sound. Even the new Vizio, while it's better than most, still doesn't have the sound the 52 does.
post #1234 of 1246 Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 AM

I've owned a GV52L for years and absolutely love it. However, I've come to the point where I want to put the thing back on the stand instead of using the wall-mount and I realize that I've misplaced it. I've been trying like hell to find one for sale for about 3 weeks now and I can't find a single place that has them in stock. I called Vizio, got all of their parts distributors, and even they are sold out. Is anyone in the market of getting rid of their unused GV52L stand? If so, please PM me please!

Thanks!!
post #1235 of 1246 Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

I've had some people over to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs and received some compliments on the picture of this set. Funny that still happens after several years. I've resisted the urge to upgrade for this long but its getting harder by the month. Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about this tv is one stuck pixel in the bottom right.
post #1236 of 1246 Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

I've had some people over to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs and received some compliments on the picture of this set. Funny that still happens after several years. I've resisted the urge to upgrade for this long but its getting harder by the month. Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about this tv is one stuck pixel in the bottom right.

Take a ultra fine black magic marker and black it out. I did that on a PC monitor. But you decide if you want to try it.

I also have the 52 and it's still a nice set. Especially the sound on it. The newer ones are horrible, excluding Vizio, their sets aren't too bad. I do have the 55" 553 and it is a beautiful set, I've had that for over 6 months now. But each year they come out better and with more features.

I do have the 554 on order, should be here next week. I've always been a big fan of the glossy screens and finally Vizio has one. I was going to wait for the new 555 3D model coming out but Vizio said it would have the Matte screen so I jumped and ordered it before they were gone.
post #1237 of 1246 Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

I watch a lot of hockey, so a black pixel against white ice doesn't help me much. I do appreciate the tip though, maybe others will find it useful. I did try several other methods, such as pressing on it heavily with a fine tip pen, and a software program that you can use as an overlay to try to get it to switch between colors quickly. Nothing has worked.

I really wish the 65" 3D Vizio would have scored better, especially on the 2D front. I like the glossy screen on that as well. I think Im going to hold out and see how the new 65LW6500 looks from LG. No glossy screen, but it has a lot of other features that I like.
post #1238 of 1246 Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I really wish the 65" 3D Vizio would have scored better, especially on the 2D front. I like the glossy screen on that as well. I think Im going to hold out and see how the new 65LW6500 looks from LG. No glossy screen, but it has a lot of other features that I like.

I heard that the 2D was going to suffer with the latest 3D technology (which is what the 65" is). But I guess the only way to tell is viewing it yourself and decide. Sometimes those reviews don't always reflect peoples opinions.
post #1239 of 1246 Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

I will have owned mine for four years in July along with my 42" Vizio. Both have been flawless. The panel for the 52" has always been impressive especially for side views.
post #1240 of 1246 Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Yearly check-in. After five solid years mine will be gone by the end of the week. I finally upgraded to a 65" LG.

What do you think is a fair price for the GV52LF? Somewhere in the $400-$500 range I would assume.
post #1241 of 1246 Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What do you think is a fair price for the GV52LF? Somewhere in the $400-$500 range I would assume.

I don't think so when you can buy a 55" for $600+.
post #1242 of 1246 Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

You're probably right I suppose. I just can't see that its worth parting with for less than $400. I guess it will be a more than adequate bedroom set.
post #1243 of 1246 Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You're probably right I suppose. I just can't see that its worth parting with for less than $400. I guess it will be a more than adequate bedroom set.

Yep it's worth keeping, I moved my 52 to the basement (rec room) and down there in the lower light It has a great picture. That 52 is a good set with decent sound for built in speakers.
post #1244 of 1246 Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Out of curiosity, what did you upgrade to?
post #1245 of 1246 Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

I have had my Vizio GV52L now for almost five years and it is still going strong - no issues, no complaints. At some point I'd like to get a larger screen and newer technology, but there's no justification for it when everything is working well.

So much for the nay-sayers in 2007 that said Vizio products wouldn't last!
post #1246 of 1246 Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post

At some point I'd like to get a larger screen and newer technology, but there's no justification for it when everything is working well.

I know. I'm desperately trying to rationalize why I replaced it. I did get a 65" w/ 3D and of course the now somewhat standard 120hz refresh. My new set arrives today, I really need to be blown away to help me justify this.

As far as your comment about reliability, I'd have to mostly concur. I have had a minor issue with the set turning itself off, but that only occurred a handful of times and disappeared after a factory reset. I also have one stuck pixel that you can't see unless you go looking for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page