Official Samsung LNT-xx71f Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 28850 Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Newbie
 
thall000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

We need more owners
I was thinking this tv is the choice for those looking at the 65 and do not want to take a chance with the 81.
Looking forward to impressions.

I'll be an owner this weekend, 5271 is paid for, just need to get a minivan or bigger SUV than mine to get it from BB to my house. I was considering the 5265 and I can't afford the 5281 so this was the perfect choice for me. I'll post my impressions in a week or two, I'm on hold to schedule my HD service installation, probably call back tomorrow. I'm also waiting for my speakers and few other components that are gifts.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Lions lose and the Wolverines and Red Wings win in HD, that will be awesome. I also can't wait to watch Heroes in HD, that will be a good test for 120hz LCD HDTVs, lots of fast motion and crazy scenes.

Travis
thall000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 28850 Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thall000 View Post

I'll be an owner this weekend, 5271 is paid for, just need to get a minivan or bigger SUV than mine to get it from BB to my house. I was considering the 5265 and I can't afford the 5281 so this was the perfect choice for me. I'll post my impressions in a week or two, I'm on hold to schedule my HD service installation, probably call back tomorrow. I'm also waiting for my speakers and few other components that are gifts.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Lions lose and the Wolverines and Red Wings win in HD, that will be awesome. I also can't wait to watch Heroes in HD, that will be a good test for 120hz LCD HDTVs, lots of fast motion and crazy scenes.

Travis

I guess you get your tv just right on time for new seasons in a couple of weeks. That would give you about a week (NFL and college) to adjust your tv to your liking and then bring on the new shows in about three weeks.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #363 of 28850 Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Member
 
Grant DeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield17 View Post

So here's a question for 71 owners. Why does Samsung STILL not have this TV listed on their website? Where's the support?

http://www.samsung.com/download/Mode...odel=LN-T4671F

That is only the manual for the LN-T4671f, but you can change that (for the other sizes, anyway). I don't know why the newer series aren't listed otherwise yet...
Grant DeLorean is offline  
post #364 of 28850 Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Member
 
Rennject X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

We need more owners
I was thinking this tv is the choice for those looking at the 65 and do not want to take a chance with the 81.
Looking forward to impressions.

I will post them up asap. I may have to wait another week before my Sammy BDP 1400 player gets here, but I'll go ahead and post on how HD tv and Xbox360Elite looks on the tv.
Rennject X is offline  
post #365 of 28850 Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Newbie
 
Therodman55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 4671f arrived today. So far no complaints. Have some minor clouding/mura issues, but nothing that distracts from the picture. Unfortunately the set arrived before I could get my theatre room finished so right now it is SD Cable, which sucks, and OTA HD, which rocks. I won't be able to get this bad boy into the mix with the rest of my system until my room is ready and I make the switch to HD programming.

I do feel that those with bright rooms might be distracted by glare for the housing. No issue for me since the room has been painted darker colors and I have ordered draperies with blackout liners. Look forward to reading more and posting updates as time goes on.

Good Luck all!
Therodman55 is offline  
post #366 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Member
 
dafran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

I think he works for BB or something but I personally would have kept the 71 and brought back the 81. Why get a brand new 71?

Because I believe he had 4 dead pixels on his first 71
dafran is offline  
post #367 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode View Post

CD, you are being way over sensitive about this. For every "crafty" early adapter who buys sets and returns them for another, there are 9 other "sheep" who lay down at those B&M stores and buy at full sticker price plus exorbitant financing etc. I live in Northern San Diego county and every time that I go to my local BBY in Oceanside (near Camp Pendelton), I see as to how BBY rakes it in from those "poor" young Marine Corp kids.

I am not condoning either method, but that is the system and if the B&Ms did not want that practice, they would put a stop to it, or would stipulate a re-stocking fee on all none-defective returned items.

Although you may be against the arbitrary return practices, don't forget that these early adapters (for the majority) are actually doing you a service, by providing you (and us on these forums) with real-world tangible review/feedback. Otherwise, you'd have to rely on some manufacturer's ****-n-bull story or as such.

However, don't ever think those abuses are not added to the pricing margins - every consumer is paying for that and it eventually impacts us all when it goes to an extreme - anyone following the changes at Costco is the perfect example. In this day of master databases the major chains know to the moment what their cost/profit margins are and everytime someone returns an Open Box it must be further discounted to resell and other costs added and eventually all those costs find their way to the bottom line.

Costco is now the perfect formula to prove that case as it got abused to the extremes. Don't ever think they are doing this crap for free folks - we're all paying for the excesses. I'm also a strong advocate of consumer rights since the warranties and manuals are written with a team of lawyers and advantage to the Manufacturer but when the consumer goes to the extreme somebody is going to absorb the costs of those actions - none of it is free. It's passed on to all consumers via pricing structure or changes in return policy to shortcut it.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
westa6969 is online now  
post #368 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 03:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

However, don't ever think those abuses are not added to the pricing margins - every consumer is paying for that and it eventually impacts us all when it goes to an extreme - anyone following the changes at Costco is the perfect example. In this day of master databases the major chains know to the moment what their cost/profit margins are and everytime someone returns an Open Box it must be further discounted to resell and other costs added and eventually all those costs find their way to the bottom line.

Costco is now the perfect formula to prove that case as it got abused to the extremes. Don't ever think they are doing this crap for free folks - we're all paying for the excesses. I'm also a strong advocate of consumer rights since the warranties and manuals are written with a team of lawyers and advantage to the Manufacturer but when the consumer goes to the extreme somebody is going to absorb the costs of those actions - none of it is free.

The manufactures will always make money and they are in a business to make money so they will just jack up the price if a few decide to abuse the return policies.

And I bet those few will argue that since they are paying so much for an item, they have the rights to test drive it at home and if they don't like it, they will return it and get their money back.

It happens all the time.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #369 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Newbie
 
Geod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll be getting the 4671 in about a week(once I get paid!). Is someone going to create a thread for settings/tweaking? Being a newb at HD stuff, I'm gonna need some help with my settings for what's best. If you could post your settings at some point Sharpjunkie, that'd be awesome. Or have you already somewhere?
Geod is offline  
post #370 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
For anyone in the Chapel Hill area. The Crossroads Best Buy(in Cary) has the Pioneer 6010, the Samsung 5265, and the Samsung 5271 all right next to each other. Enjoy. Unfortunately not a 5281 in sight in that store. I left knowing one thing, I want the 5271. It was far and away the best set I saw.
skyehill is offline  
post #371 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Senior Member
 
mrjgkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield17 View Post

So here's a question for 71 owners. Why does Samsung STILL not have this TV listed on their website? Where's the support?

I don't take sides that often, but I have to agree that I don't feel bad at all taking something back to any store (especially BB) for any number of reasons: found it cheaper at another place, decided I didn't want it, just wanted to test it out, one dead pixel, or it actually was broken. One opinion is that "well, BB rips us off, so they get what they deserve..." And with a $599 Service Plan now, I would be comfortable with that opinion . My personal opinion is simpler. If you buy something, and it's not what you want after all, take it back...however many times. I don't expect products to be perfect, but I reserve the right to get my money back.

That being said, it sure did sound like one poster returned a perfectly good 71 and ordered a new one. Not sure I understand that. Though I don't mind returning things, I wouldn't want to return anything to BB just for the fun of it.

Samsung has been adding about 1 display per day to their Web site... yesterday they added the 4071; today they added the 5271.
mrjgkelly is offline  
post #372 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Newbie
 
copelandcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I'm new to the lcd arena and picked up the 4671 last week. It looks great and all, but I'm having some issues that are really disappointing. First are the flashlights, I have not calibrated the set yet so I'm hoping these will disappear after I do that as some have mentioned. They arent too bad, but noticeable on black screen.

The second issue is my biggest concern, while watching sports (tennis and football), the ball can get blurry and go double vision sometimes. I do not have this issue on my dlp (I checked on the same game). Its strange though, it only goes blurry sometimes. In tennis it would only go double vision when the ball went over a white line, in football it only goes blurry at the peak of high throws, but not low throws. I have tried automotion and it still does it. Does this sound like normal lcd ghosting? I have never seen ghosting on a lcd before but I dont think this is it. Any suggestions, comments? Also how do I enter the calibration menu to enter the values used in this post? Thanks.
copelandcf is offline  
post #373 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Flash01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpjunkie View Post

well I have not tried guitar hero on game mode. I will say that I have about 5 songs left on expert to finish so its not horrible but CRT is the best to use for that game, that's for sure. Yeah SD content pretty much looks horrid on most HD LCD sets.

I don't own a 360 yet but I was under the impression, based on reviews and friends feedback that you could adjust the lag in GH2 to match up to your TV processing.
Flash01 is offline  
post #374 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Newbie
 
2214lcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time poster here... I finally decided I want to buy the Sammy 5271... Datavision Computer Video has it for a very good price best I have found. Has anybody had any experience with this outfit, they seem to have pretty good ratings on e-bay but I also found quite a few negative reviews on one of the shopping sites... Your help is greatly appreciated...
2214lcd is offline  
post #375 of 28850 Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sharpjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,093
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=2214lcd;11479453]First time poster here... I finally decided I want to buy the Sammy 5271... Datavision Computer Video has it for $xxxx plus $xxx for shipping best price I have found. Has anybody had any experience with this outfit, they seem to have pretty good ratings on e-bay but I also found quite a few negative reviews on one of the shopping sites... Your help is greatly appreciated...


Try to edit your post and take out the pricing or this thread will get locked down. Don't post non-msrp prices, not allowed. Only msrp prices are ok to post. Thanks.. Also no links to sites where to purchase the tv below MSRP.... Or coupons.. LoL

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
sharpjunkie is offline  
post #376 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lipcrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: KPAX
Posts: 4,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2214lcd View Post

First time poster here... I finally decided I want to buy the Sammy 5271... Datavision Computer Video has it for $3099 plus $275 for shipping best price I have found. Has anybody had any experience with this outfit, they seem to have pretty good ratings on e-bay but I also found quite a few negative reviews on one of the shopping sites... Your help is greatly appreciated...

http://cgi.*********/NEW-Samsung-LN-...QQcmdZViewItem

Be afraid, be very afraid.
lipcrkr is offline  
post #377 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Newbie
 
courtarro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The ATL
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geod View Post

I'll be getting the 4671 in about a week(once I get paid!). Is someone going to create a thread for settings/tweaking? Being a newb at HD stuff, I'm gonna need some help with my settings for what's best. If you could post your settings at some point Sharpjunkie, that'd be awesome. Or have you already somewhere?

He posted some preliminary settings here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post11443753
courtarro is offline  
post #378 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2214lcd View Post

First time poster here... I finally decided I want to buy the Sammy 5271... Datavision Computer Video has it for $3099 plus $275 for shipping best price I have found. Has anybody had any experience with this outfit, they seem to have pretty good ratings on e-bay but I also found quite a few negative reviews on one of the shopping sites... Your help is greatly appreciated...

http://cgi.*********/NEW-Samsung-LN-...QQcmdZViewItem

They've been an authorized Samsung Dealer and I've bought a Samsung BD 1200 waiting 5 weeks to get (this was when they were new on the market back in May/June) but saved a significant amount.

Keep in mind that your dealing with a NYC Dealer and if you have to contact them it's a different type of experience dealing with NY vendors and people should understand that up front, they can be abrupt and agressive but I had no issues with them. Just don't expect that chirpy pimple faced college kid you may experience at BB, these guys can be true wheeler dealers but who cares if your saving lots and using the internet but if you call them be prepared the exchange may be somewhat different than it may be outside NY - in fact I find it quite entertaining if you understand or have visited NY and visited similar stores. I think this is why some of the postings are negative.

They also sell inventory on EBay with high ratings so just be aware and understand dealings can be different if you call but they have a regular large store. Keep in mind also that if it's not in stock yet and you use Paypal your going to be billed immediately while you wait on a backorder item. I've bought from them and J&R in NY with good results and great savings through the years.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
westa6969 is online now  
post #379 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Member
 
garfield17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went to BB last night and ordered my 5271. I considered the 81, but the 5265 with the better picture right next to it gave me an excuse to save several hundred by going with the 71. I say excuse because they had just unpacked the 81 and nothing had been calibrated, so I have no reason to think the 81 couldn't perform as well or better than the 65.

In case anybody is wondering, I went the BB route cause I had coupons and could pick up a PS3 along with the 71 for 0% for 3 yrs. Amazingly, my monthly bill will be the same as my mobile phone bill...which my company now picks up :-) :-)

I was almost caught up in the XBR4. Sadly, I really liked the idea that the menu for the TV would look the same as the PS3. They also had it hooked up to a Blu-ray player, which is unfair for all the other tvs playing the craptacular Direct feed. I do like the bezel and frame, but not as much as the Sammy.

I was also looking at the new Pio 6010FD. They had one around 5265 and a new Panny Viera. For some reason, it was like I could very clearly see the pixels (or pixel groups) on the Pio from about 4 feet away. It looked like it had a grid drawn on it. This kind of turned me off (or just gave me another excuse to save some money). Not sure what I was seeing.

I'm a little nervous about the very reflective bezel and frame for the 71. I hope it won't make much of a difference in my gameroom or else it's the XBR4 to try next. For the average reader here, all I can say is between the 71, 81, XBR4, and even the Pios...they're all really good TVs. You have to just go check them out. Go with your gut, buy one (any one) and you'll be enjoying it when you get home.

I'll report back next week when I actually get the 71.
garfield17 is offline  
post #380 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield17 View Post

Went to BB last night and ordered my 5271. I considered the 81, but the 5265 with the better picture right next to it gave me an excuse to save several hundred by going with the 71. I say excuse because they had just unpacked the 81 and nothing had been calibrated, so I have no reason to think the 81 couldn't perform as well or better than the 65.

In case anybody is wondering, I went the BB route cause I had coupons and could pick up a PS3 along with the 71 for 0% for 3 yrs. Amazingly, my monthly bill will be the same as my mobile phone bill...which my company now picks up :-) :-)

I was almost caught up in the XBR4. Sadly, I really liked the idea that the menu for the TV would look the same as the PS3. They also had it hooked up to a Blu-ray player, which is unfair for all the other tvs playing the craptacular Direct feed. I do like the bezel and frame, but not as much as the Sammy.

I was also looking at the new Pio 6010FD. They had one around 5265 and a new Panny Viera. For some reason, it was like I could very clearly see the pixels (or pixel groups) on the Pio from about 4 feet away. It looked like it had a grid drawn on it. This kind of turned me off (or just gave me another excuse to save some money). Not sure what I was seeing.

I'm a little nervous about the very reflective bezel and frame for the 71. I hope it won't make much of a difference in my gameroom or else it's the XBR4 to try next. For the average reader here, all I can say is between the 71, 81, XBR4, and even the Pios...they're all really good TVs. You have to just go check them out. Go with your gut, buy one (any one) and you'll be enjoying it when you get home.

I'll report back next week when I actually get the 71.

Yeah, the BB I go to had a similar configuration of TVs. There was the 5265, 5271, 6010, and the 58 inch Panny 1080p tv. The 6010 looked awful. The Panny was way too dim (on its torch settings!), the 5265 looked really good, but the 5271 looked a bit better. No 5281 in sight, or XBR4/5 unfortunately. All were running the store feed, which is absolutely horrendous. The 71 was definitely the best of that bunch, but I want to see more of the 81 before I make up my mind...and hopefully see some price drops, although the 71 is on sale right now at BB, and I also just received a 12 percent off coupon, which really drops the price down a bit. I might pull the trigger this weekend in time for the NFL season.
skyehill is offline  
post #381 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield17 View Post

Went to BB last night and ordered my 5271. I considered the 81, but the 5265 with the better picture right next to it gave me an excuse to save several hundred by going with the 71. I say excuse because they had just unpacked the 81 and nothing had been calibrated, so I have no reason to think the 81 couldn't perform as well or better than the 65.

In case anybody is wondering, I went the BB route cause I had coupons and could pick up a PS3 along with the 71 for 0% for 3 yrs. Amazingly, my monthly bill will be the same as my mobile phone bill...which my company now picks up :-) :-)

I was almost caught up in the XBR4. Sadly, I really liked the idea that the menu for the TV would look the same as the PS3. They also had it hooked up to a Blu-ray player, which is unfair for all the other tvs playing the craptacular Direct feed. I do like the bezel and frame, but not as much as the Sammy.

I was also looking at the new Pio 6010FD. They had one around 5265 and a new Panny Viera. For some reason, it was like I could very clearly see the pixels (or pixel groups) on the Pio from about 4 feet away. It looked like it had a grid drawn on it. This kind of turned me off (or just gave me another excuse to save some money). Not sure what I was seeing.

I'm a little nervous about the very reflective bezel and frame for the 71. I hope it won't make much of a difference in my gameroom or else it's the XBR4 to try next. For the average reader here, all I can say is between the 71, 81, XBR4, and even the Pios...they're all really good TVs. You have to just go check them out. Go with your gut, buy one (any one) and you'll be enjoying it when you get home.

I'll report back next week when I actually get the 71.

I am sure you will enjoy your Samsung 5271F when you get it home. Not sure why people worry so much about the glossy panel but it's not that bad at all when the tv is on.

Congrats and enjoy it.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #382 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slumpey326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can someone please post settings for this tv? I am getting it tomorrow.
slumpey326 is offline  
post #383 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post

can someone please post settings for this tv? I am getting it tomorrow.

Some owners have reported that the settings for 65F work well this new model. Start with those and then do your final adjustments for your viewing.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #384 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Member
 
garfield17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Yeah, the BB I go to had a similar configuration of TVs. There was the 5265, 5271, 6010, and the 58 inch Panny 1080p tv. The 6010 looked awful. The Panny was way too dim (on its torch settings!), the 5265 looked really good, but the 5271 looked a bit better. No 5281 in sight, or XBR4/5 unfortunately. All were running the store feed, which is absolutely horrendous. The 71 was definitely the best of that bunch, but I want to see more of the 81 before I make up my mind...and hopefully see some price drops, although the 71 is on sale right now at BB, and I also just received a 12 percent off coupon, which really drops the price down a bit. I might pull the trigger this weekend in time for the NFL season.

No fair...I only got a 10% coupon! I thought the Viera looked pretty good. I'm somewhat indifferent between LCD and plasma, so I was tempted by the Panny 58" for a moment. Ironically (sorry plasma owners) I did go and look at an older Pio 5080 at there was very noticeable Burn-in of text on the bottom of the set. This was probably just stupidity on BB's part, but it confirmed that my tv usage lends itself more to LCD.

As far as glare, I know I'll get over it...worried about the wife though. I can almost hear her "that shiny frame makes it look cheap!" Of course, that would be coming from someone who could care less about the difference between Blu-ray and reg DVD. Hopefully Planet Earth blu-ray will show her!
garfield17 is offline  
post #385 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Newbie
 
UGAGMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too was wondering if someone would be kind enough to post some settings that are working good for this set. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and am having the hardest time getting it just right i have hd cable with c@mcA@t. thanks!!
UGAGMJ is offline  
post #386 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slumpey326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what should auto motion be set to? Should the tv be on Movie mode?
slumpey326 is offline  
post #387 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Member
 
garfield17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sharpjunkie had posted some preliminary settings. Though it sounds like he's still tweaking.
Hope this link shows up.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post11443753

Keep an eye out on the 81 thread too...settings might show up there.

UGAGMJ and Slumpey...are you guys enjoying the new TV's and just trying to optimize the settings, or are you experiencing some mediocre pictures. I was hoping to be "wowed" by this tv right out of the box or with minimal eye-tweaking.
garfield17 is offline  
post #388 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slumpey326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am getting mine tomorrow, just want to be prepared. I have the 40xbr4 and am replacing it with a 4671f. Was having some audio problems on the sony and bluriness alot.
slumpey326 is offline  
post #389 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
UGAGMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am getting a good picture but on some hd channels i can see noise so i think the sharpness and edge control need to be tweaked a bit! Dynamic mode for me is too intense standard looks very good but needs some fine adjustments.
UGAGMJ is offline  
post #390 of 28850 Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Newbie
 
UGAGMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also was wondering about settings on my set top box it will do rgb and ycc 4:4:4 what mode is correct? Thanks! It seems when i use the settings for rgb it looks bland.
UGAGMJ is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off