Official Samsung LNT-xx71f Owners Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Transcend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post

I don't think I'm patient enough to wait for the 69 to actually be available. It WOULD be prettymuch the ideal set though.

Is it just my own wishful thinking or is the bezel thinner? I don't mind glossy screens, but I do mind big bulky bezels...

However there does appear to be more visual clutter at the bottom. It looks like speakers might be on the bottom , and are those inputs on the bottom front?

Something more to wait for...
Transcend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Member
 
JS5255's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
whats better? charter gives me the choice of 1080i or 720p. should i enable 1080i?
JS5255 is offline  
post #723 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
slumpey326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
gatorjag, what do you have your settings to
slumpey326 is offline  
post #724 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Raptor007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post

Oh Well, my 52" 71 series gets delivered tomorrow from Best Buy after matching buy.com price and using the RewardZone card and a lot of talking with the Mgr on Labor Day. Hmmm, buy.com has dropped another 100. Sheeesh.

You just made my day! That's almost the same deal as my near-wholesale employee discount; if I can get a store to price-match that, I can try it risk-free instead of buying with no hope of returning it.

Samsung BD-UP5000 (1.3), Samsung 4671 (1013.1), Denon AVR-3808CI, HTD Level 3 5.1
Denon AVR-3300, Denon PMA-700V, Advent Loudspeakers
Raptor007 is offline  
post #725 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Lwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi84 View Post

Hey all, I am still unable to use a 360 Premium with the VGA cable. I keep getting a "signal not support" (something like that) message when it is hooked up. Has anyone here successfully connected their 360 using a vga cable? I would love to check out a DVD in upscaled 1080p

i connected my just fine. make sure you pluged it in right.. check your connections. you have to tweak it alot, the color looks horrible. it took me a half an hour to get it perfect. im waitting for the new 65nm chip for the 360, that one come with HDMI 1.3.
Lwood is offline  
post #726 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Raptor007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post

Oh Well, my 52" 71 series gets delivered tomorrow from Best Buy after matching buy.com price and using the RewardZone card and a lot of talking with the Mgr on Labor Day. Hmmm, buy.com has dropped another 100. Sheeesh.

Is buy.com an authorized retailer? If not, did you have any trouble talking them down to the buy.com price?

Edit: Yes buy.com IS an authorized retailer!! I'm set! http://www.samsung.com/peaceofmind/ceddealers.htm

Samsung BD-UP5000 (1.3), Samsung 4671 (1013.1), Denon AVR-3808CI, HTD Level 3 5.1
Denon AVR-3300, Denon PMA-700V, Advent Loudspeakers
Raptor007 is offline  
post #727 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Member
 
JS5255's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
720p? or 1080i? for cable? whats the verdict?
JS5255 is offline  
post #728 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM
cmf
Senior Member
 
cmf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone here pair their new Sammy with one of the new mid-range Onkyo HDMI 1.3 receivers (e.g., TXSR605, 705, 805)? If so, have you noticed any handshaking issues? I'm considering the 705 and the 5271. TIA.
cmf is offline  
post #729 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Member
 
CadJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NW Houston, Tx
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by romebaby View Post

...the first thing I did was run Blink to check for banding - none. Hooked up to my laptop and ran DPT - zero dead or stuck pixels.

How exactly did you run these tests?

Also, are there any ISOs on the net (maybe torrents) that are for calibration / tests?

If so / not / what brand name DVD would be good for setting up and calibrating the 71?

CadJoe
CadJoe is offline  
post #730 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Member
 
CadJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NW Houston, Tx
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by romebaby View Post

thin line around border....Can a 4671 owner please comment on #3?

When you see this line, are you using your laptop viewing a wallpaper? Some JPG's have a 1 pixel white perimeter border.

Just a thought.
CadJoe is offline  
post #731 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
cmf
Senior Member
 
cmf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS5255 View Post

720p? or 1080i? for cable? whats the verdict?

Depends on the source material. If most of the original stations you watch are broadcasting in 1080i, I'd keep the cable box at 1080i. If 720p, then 720p. The reason I say that is that cable boxen tend to be marginal scalers at best, so I'd rather have my TV (or nice external video processor) do the conversion to 1080p for final display. Just MNSHO.
cmf is offline  
post #732 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Member
 
romebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadJoe View Post

When you see this line, are you using your laptop viewing a wallpaper? Some JPG's have a 1 pixel white perimeter border.

Just a thought.

It's all the time. Basically just dead space, like the bezel is too wide for the screen.
romebaby is offline  
post #733 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Member
 
romebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadJoe View Post

How exactly did you run these tests?

Also, are there any ISOs on the net (maybe torrents) that are for calibration / tests?

If so / not / what brand name DVD would be good for setting up and calibrating the 71?

CadJoe


http://www.tvblink.com/index.html download the iso and burn to dvd

http://www.dps.uk.com/freeware_DTP.htm run from a computer hooked up to your tv
romebaby is offline  
post #734 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Member
 
harleyxlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post

Is buy.com an authorized retailer? If not, did you have any trouble talking them down to the buy.com price?

Edit: Yes buy.com IS an authorized retailer!! I'm set! http://www.samsung.com/peaceofmind/ceddealers.htm

My local "Great Purchase" would not match to either of the big online stores (big river and what's the cute name for buy.com?). They said only B&M stores. I have gotten this answer from them before on other items, too. Wish I knew how to convince them to match, as others seem successful
harleyxlc is offline  
post #735 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyxlc View Post

My local "Great Purchase" would not match to either of the big online stores (big river and what's the cute name for buy.com?). They said only B&M stores. I have gotten this answer from them before on other items, too. Wish I knew how to convince them to match, as others seem successful

Wow that Purchase site sure does have a good price on the 4671F. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Has anyone gotten their 71 from the Purchase place? Was it an good tranaction overall?
darkninja67 is offline  
post #736 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Member
 
romebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great price, but make sure you are OK with the return policy (none). If you are a dead pixel freak or can't handle the possibility of some clouding, you might have probs trying to get an exchange with Samsung. I have no idea what their policy is.
romebaby is offline  
post #737 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Member
 
CadJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NW Houston, Tx
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by romebaby View Post

http://www.tvblink.com/index.html download the iso and burn to dvd

http://www.dps.uk.com/freeware_DTP.htm run from a computer hooked up to your tv

Awesome thanks. DPT is pretty kewl. (weird the URL was DTP not DPT)

CadJoe
CadJoe is offline  
post #738 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Member
 
JS5255's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just bought a samsung blu-ray! yeeah!!
JS5255 is offline  
post #739 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Member
 
CadJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NW Houston, Tx
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS5255 View Post

just bought a samsung blu-ray! yeeah!!

Which one? The BD-P1200 or BD-P1400? Since its HDMI 1.3 compatible you should see if the Sammy TV can control it thru CEC using the AnyNet+.

Which model # upconvertor are people using on their 71?? I read on videohelp that if you have the DVD1080P & use the 1080P up option, it puts a line at the bottom which is a mirror of the middle of the screen? Anyone seeing this?
CadJoe is offline  
post #740 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Member
 
Morpheze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I finally found a 4671 at Circuit City of all places. The movie was X-Men 3, and the picture was so clear and smooth, it looked like the film was shot on video- it had that BBC-style video type picture. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyway, resolution and shadow detail were amazing.
Morpheze is offline  
post #741 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
alright - so is sammy going to update the fw for this blurry motion thing that is fixable through the "game" mode? I don't like game mode - i am a guy who likes dynamic all the way -

the blurry thing happened during football but it was fixed with the 120ghz on. However i was watching a hd dvd and the blurry motion didn't go away with 120 on high - just on game mode (which is too dark for my test).
delt31 is offline  
post #742 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Member
 
romebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is Samsungs dead pixel policy from their website relating to LCD TV's. I found a bunch of articles about a zero policy back in Jan '05 but I guess they don't have that anymore.

What Is Your Policy On Defective Pixels?


One or two dead pixels out of the approximately 300,000 to 1.3 million pixels on a typical LCD television is normal. Generally, then, if you have only a few dead pixels, service is not an option.

With that said, what we do about an LCD TV with dead pixels depends on:

The number of dead pixels
The location of the dead pixels
The color of the dead pixels
The size of the LCD TV screen
If you are having a serious problem with dead pixels, gather the information listed above and call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864). Have the model number and serial number of your TV on hand when you call.
romebaby is offline  
post #743 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Member
 
CadJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NW Houston, Tx
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

alright - so is sammy going to update the fw for this blurry motion thing that is fixable through the "game" mode?

I hope so. Hopefully it will not require a new motherboard like the 65 series needed to resolve HDCP issues.

I notice in looking at the sammy BD, it has an ethernet port for fw updates. Wonder if it just does an update on its own. Will the LN-T4x69F have an ethernet port. I noticed in looking at the full specs of the 81 on sammys site, they added a spec column for BlueTooth.

Looks like our HomeTheater rack is going to need an 8 port ethernet switch.
CadJoe is offline  
post #744 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I don't see this blurring issue you're talking about on my 5271. I'm using Wood's settings from the 71 config thread.
skyehill is offline  
post #745 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadJoe View Post

I hope so. Hopefully it will not require a new motherboard like the 65 series needed to resolve HDCP issues.

I notice in looking at the sammy BD, it has an ethernet port for fw updates. Wonder if it just does an update on its own. Will the LN-T4x69F have an ethernet port. I noticed in looking at the full specs of the 81 on sammys site, they added a spec column for BlueTooth.

Looks like our HomeTheater rack is going to need an 8 port ethernet switch.

I'm hoping you can use the usb (there is a software option for updating in the menu...)
delt31 is offline  
post #746 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Member
 
JS5255's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i got a bdp 1200 and it does bring up some anynet stuff when its used but i have no idea what that means... its supposed to be a damn good dvd player. i went in to get a ps3 (not much of a gamer, but for the price i thought it was worth it) but they said the ps3 isnt really a good blu ray player
JS5255 is offline  
post #747 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I don't see this blurring issue you're talking about on my 5271. I'm using Wood's settings from the 71 config thread.

have you tried playing a hd dvd? I don't get it either on normal tv (with 120 on of course).
delt31 is offline  
post #748 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Member
 
ShOcKwAvE85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone link me to the 71 series on Buy.com? I can't find it anywhere on their site.
ShOcKwAvE85 is offline  
post #749 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by romebaby View Post

Here is Samsungs dead pixel policy from their website relating to LCD TV's. I found a bunch of articles about a zero policy back in Jan '05 but I guess they don't have that anymore.

What Is Your Policy On Defective Pixels?


One or two dead pixels out of the approximately 300,000 to 1.3 million pixels on a typical LCD television is normal. Generally, then, if you have only a few dead pixels, service is not an option.

With that said, what we do about an LCD TV with dead pixels depends on:

The number of dead pixels
The location of the dead pixels
The color of the dead pixels
The size of the LCD TV screen
If you are having a serious problem with dead pixels, gather the information listed above and call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864). Have the model number and serial number of your TV on hand when you call.

If you don't like dead pixels, buy it somewhere where you can return/exchange it if you get any.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #750 of 28850 Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Member
 
Zadmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShOcKwAvE85 View Post

Can someone link me to the 71 series on Buy.com? I can't find it anywhere on their site.


I looked and could not find it either.

As an aside, has anyone ever heard of this online dealer?

http://www.lcdplasmadeals.com/produc...ProductID=1755

That price they have on the 5271 is pretty ...well...unbelievable. But I think I already know the answer to my first question based on the price.

Anyone have any opinions?
Zadmax is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off