post #7921 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousemc View Post

Hey all. I don't mean to nitpick about my TV, but I noticed that the speaker housing is slightly lower on one side. It is only a few millimeters lower on the right, where as the left speaker housing is flush. Overall, I don't really notice it unless I purposely decide to focus and look for it. I remember reading on the thread that someone else had this issue, but can't remember where and don't relish having to look through over 200 pages of info. Does anyone recall where this was posted? Maybe I just need to not worry about it. My only other problem with this TV is that AMP does not work properly with my Xbox 360 ELITE and HD-player. They don't get along very well, even with an HDMI 1.3 cable. I have FW 1007, I believe. I guess I'm debating about whether I should return it to amazon, if I still can. Then again, I might not get a 2002 board, I could have problems with dead pixels, backlight bleeding, banding, other weird distortions, etc. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

I think the speaker thing just depends on whether or not it bothers you. I remember the other person who eventually returned for a new one I believe, but if you get it from the same "batch" they might all be that way. While it is a defect in the way it looks, I don't think it would effect the way the tv operates. I have 1007 as well, and if I had the choice, I would return for the 2002, but like you said, you may just get another 1007 from the same batch.

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne2 View Post

Then you need to upgrade your firmware and tell them if they are or are not going in the right direction.

Regards

Well, I was going to upgrade, but since I heard they had started on the stutter fix, I see no need to. The whole object of the upgrade would be to say " I did the upgrade, but I still have this stutter problem". Then try to get them to work on that. But they are already working on it. The other thing we would want to accomplish from the upgrade would be to let them know AMP is still not operating correctly, i.e. people still get it and PQ degrades in some instances. However, I thought I read that they were aware of that also and working on it.

So, if they are already working on it, I see no need to upgrade and live through possible PQ degradation and increased stutter until they get it right. If I hear they are not working on it because they have not had enough input, then I will upgrade, and I hope everyone else who is holding out would do so also. All that being said, I still think we should call them and tell them about our problem and why we are not upgrading.

post #7923 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tessier View Post

Actually, mine is PP9 AK###cpp9##### in that location after looking again.. Mine was manufactured in September. If they are using hex, "p9" would agree with that theory.

T

Yes P9 was manufactured in September and therefore has the 1xxx firmware. Since they are using hex P(1-9) is January to September and P(A-C) is October to December.
post #7924 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousemc View Post

Hey all. I don't mean to nitpick about my TV, but I noticed that the speaker housing is slightly lower on one side. It is only a few millimeters lower on the right, where as the left speaker housing is flush. Overall, I don't really notice it unless I purposely decide to focus and look for it. I remember reading on the thread that someone else had this issue, but can't remember where and don't relish having to look through over 200 pages of info. Does anyone recall where this was posted? Maybe I just need to not worry about it. My only other problem with this TV is that AMP does not work properly with my Xbox 360 ELITE and HD-player. They don't get along very well, even with an HDMI 1.3 cable. I have FW 1007, I believe. I guess I'm debating about whether I should return it to amazon, if I still can. Then again, I might not get a 2002 board, I could have problems with dead pixels, backlight bleeding, banding, other weird distortions, etc. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Not sure what you mean when you say the speaker housing is lower on one side. Do you mean the clear plastic sound deflectors on the sides?

I also got your PM but I'll just respond here for all to read. I'm still on the fence about returning mine. I had intended on making up my mind if the service center could not remedy the stutter but I had to reschedule my service appointment. Since it was on my way home, I stopped by BB today and looked at HDTVs again. The Samsung does have a nice picture compared to some of the others but then again, so does the Sony IMO. I still have time to return mine before the 30 days is up but if I do, I won't be getting a Samsung set. If you mostly like the set and can live with the slight speaker housing defect, I wouldn't exchange it for the same as you could very well get another one worse and you'd still have TBE and (likely) picture stutter.

We've heard a few people say they have stuck pixels or worse. My panel has no defects in it that I can see so if I return this set, it will be purely due to the TBE/Stutter. Since there is no proof yet that 2xxx doesn't have stutter as well, I'd just go for another brand. Keep in mind that picture stutter is very source dependant and *ONLY* occurs when AMP is on but it does need to be fixed. I'd like to believe that Samsung will eventually make it right but there is no guarantee of that. TBE is minimal in low and I can live with that. So what it comes down to for me is wheather or not I want to gamble that Samsung will eventually find a solution to the stutter if the service rep can't find a solution when he comes here. I will wait to decide that until after my service appointment.

Hope that give you some food for thought regarding exchanging your set.

T

For the unofficial Samsung LNTxx71F FAQ, click here.
post #7925 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovy View Post

In an effort to pinpoint what incurs stutter....(too much to type so I will just summarize)..I have a suggestion:
1.find 1(or better yet, 2) universally available, easily accessible DVD movie = only 1 (or 2) disk that everyone will use
2.that DVD should be available to be played on any DVD player...an older 480i thru S-Vid or Composite, an 1080i/p upscaled thru HDMI or Component, a 1080i/p via HD/BD player thru HDMI or Component (Xbox DVD add-on would have to be excluded due to pre mentioned problems). = almost everyone would be able to do the test
note: this TV should not stutter regardless of INPUT
3. those DVD disks should produce stutter at the exact same time stamp points regardless of the disk format (ie. regular DVD or HD/BD), the user, or the equipment. = control point
4. those disks should indicate stutter only on the Sam71f series and not on any other TV sets = validity
5. AMP set @ MED could be the test point. The test is either Passed or Failed = test results

The above conditions would, IMO, cut down the variables considerably.

So, all we need now is to find a suitable DVD disk

Keep in mind that this must be kept as simple as possible.

Any suggestions?

So you send us on a quest. This would prove it but people have said here they recorded it and when they rewind and replayed it, it plays fine. It is a buffer overrun, a memory leak, or a bad ram type of problem i think which makes isolation impossible or very difficult. Need to swap hardware to isolate the problem. Once the hardware is isolate you can either rewrite the software to solve the leak or swap the hardware. I will rewind a DVD every time from now on ... she is getting feed up . If i find a repeatable segment i will let you know. You may have to go back a minute of so to fill the buffer to repeat the occurrence so we should go back a bit and replay also.

Regards
post #7926 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey guys, I am a owner of a Samsung HPT5064. I just got this tv about 3 months ago for 1800 with a 3 year warranty from brandsmart. I am currently making payments on my credit card. I owe $1,300 left but I am thinking about selling this tv on ebay or craigslist and just paying this one off. After that go out an get the LN-T5271F. I was totally blow away with the 120mhz feature all the blueray movies looked so real. How could samsung get a tv to display images like this? My plasma tv is nice but it has a couple of flaws I don't like. First is the burned in images. Even with all the burn in protect features I am still getting burned images on the screen. This is crazy. I hate having to white wash the screen for 45 mins everytime I watch something thats 3-4 hours long. Also this tv generates alot of heat. I have it on the wall but my A/c unit is set to 75 degrees everynight in sunny forida. If I go to sleep and forget to turn this tv off I wake up with heat flashes like I have a high fever. My room is fairly big. Anyone have any advice what should I do?
post #7927 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:

So you send us on a quest. This would prove it but people have said here they recorded it and when they rewind and replayed it, it plays fine. It is a buffer overrun, a memory leak, or a bad ram type of problem i think which makes isolation impossible or very difficult. Need to swap hardware to isolate the problem. Once the hardware is isolate you can either rewrite the software to solve the leak or swap the hardware. I will rewind a DVD every time from now on ... she is getting feed up . If i find a repeatable segment i will let you know. You may have to go back a minute of so to fill the buffer to repeat the occurrence so we should go back a bit and replay also.

Regards

Not with mine. I can duplicate it when it's recorded onto the DVR. I have some scenes saved to show the technician when he comes. Stutters with AMP on and does not stutter with AMP off. Sometimes doesn't stutter in the same place but stutters.

I don't agree that it's a buffer overrun, a memory leak, or bad ram. I think it's a sync problem. If it were a buffer overrun, a memory leak, or bad ram, it would not be so source dependant. I can see it on analog TV stations with some programs.

T

For the unofficial Samsung LNTxx71F FAQ, click here.
post #7928 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Considering that most of the newer sets are designed to have PCI Slots on their main boards, I would hope that swapping out the FRC board is as easy as installing a Video Card on a PCI-E slot.

Heck, at less than 100.00 (according to a previous post) for the new Trident Chip, I might not mind paying for it, as long as it resolves all issues. By the way, I have not been able to find the newer Trident chips mentioned on the Samsung Parts site, it may just be me, but I've tried searching using all three search fields.

In the event that Samsung does put out a new display with the updated chipset, I really hope Samsung doesn't leave us early adopters $hiet out of luck, as I can't afford to buy a new set every year. I hardly doubt they will put out a new model with just the chipset being the only difference and still use the same panel.

If a hardware FRC Board replacement is all it needs, I'll meet Sammy halfway in terms of cost, as long as it's reasonable. The only reason is because I know this is fairly new tech, one that needs time to mature, and I knew that when I bought that set. BUT, I do expect Samsung to take care of it's customers and provide a reasonable means of support and updates.
post #7929 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 PM

Automotion high on Bourne Supremacy car chase is epic. By far the best effect I have seen.
post #7930 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

This is why i have been posting the official Trident paper. They specifically mention timelines from the 6th generation LX chips to the 7th generation UX/WX chips being phased in Q4 2007 into Q1 2008 for the top tier OEM's.

If the 2000 series firmware (which is studder-free) had UX/WX chips and 1000 series (which studders even after upgrade) had the LX chip there is a good argument here but i don't remember reading they correlate.
post #7931 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 07:00 PM

Wow...now we are talking about new hardware and chipsets in future 71 series for Q4 and Q1 08?

I ve been reading this thread ...all 250+ pages....and was just hoping that issues would have been ironed out by now. Now with new hardware possibly on the horizon, i am going to have to hold off for longer.

Ive had samsungs before and love them....but if im buying a $3000ish tv....the issues i should be deal with is something like i dont like the bezel or the tv stand is too short.

People still recommend this tv but the same people are hoping the FW fixes everything...a process that is much slower than people have expected. I am just going to wait till they get the FW right or get the hardware right.

SO FOR ALL THE SAMSUNG ENGINEERS READING THIS IN KOREA...FIX THESE ISSUES BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL OR ELSE IM BUYING A SONY XBR (and replacing it till i get a non cloudy panel).

maybe you can use some of that slush fund money to get all this straightened out.
post #7932 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Fellow Avsers...does anyone have some good ideas on a slick stand for my 4671? Please send pics, links, models or anything that you think may help out. Thanks in advance!!!

-Jocho
post #7933 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Go to circuit city and get VRG VTVSMT50 good price too
post #7934 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinluo1 View Post

hey i just got my 4671 today. it's 2002/1001 made 10/11/07. when i was playing assasin's creed today i noticed that when i spin the camera 360 degrees , buildings, trees, mountains...etc gets split in half horizontally. like the top half is still in the previous second and the bottom one moved to the nxt second.

anyone experiencing this? is there a way to fix it? i played with amp settings and when its on High it helps a lot, when it's off it gets worse.

i dont see this problem when watching movies.

thanks in advance!!

Perhaps you can set the Game Mode to On and see if you still see this problem. If you still see it, then it may be the game itself. If you don't see it, then that's an artifact of AMP.

CLau
post #7935 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunter9918 View Post

Wow...now we are talking about new hardware and chipsets in future 71 series for Q4 and Q1 08?

I ve been reading this thread ...all 250+ pages....and was just hoping that issues would have been ironed out by now. Now with new hardware possibly on the horizon, i am going to have to hold off for longer.

Ive had samsungs before and love them....but if im buying a $3000ish tv....the issues i should be deal with is something like i dont like the bezel or the tv stand is too short.

People still recommend this tv but the same people are hoping the FW fixes everything...a process that is much slower than people have expected. I am just going to wait till they get the FW right or get the hardware right.

SO FOR ALL THE SAMSUNG ENGINEERS READING THIS IN KOREA...FIX THESE ISSUES BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL OR ELSE IM BUYING A SONY XBR (and replacing it till i get a non cloudy panel).

maybe you can use some of that slush fund money to get all this straightened out.

I've had my 4671 for just a couple of days, but all I can say is wow. It is working great (and I even have the "old" firmware). IMHO reading 250 pages of this thread will lead you to think the TV has a lot of problems, but so far I have found nearly any PQ issues I've had are source related. I do see some stutter when watching from my HD-DVD sometimes, but honestly I'd probably not noticed most of it except I've been following this thread and pay a lot more attention to the smallest details than I would otherwise.

Still on the original 1009 and have not seen any TBE yet on any football games - AMP has been on high 100% of the time.

I really don't know however if I am going to get used to how well the TV displays pictures though - I'm finding that watching movies now is more like watching a stage play - the people are so real it almost takes away from the fantasy. I guess "Soap Opera Effect" is a good descriptive term.

Bottom line - the TV is awesome and I do not regret the purchase one bit!
post #7936 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunter9918 View Post

Wow...now we are talking about new

TBE takes nothing away from picture quality. Like I said before, I might have thought about switching it out for an XBR for two minutes after I noticed the TBE, but after taking a quick look at the XBR thread, I quickly decided that the 71 set is a better set for me. Even with TBE issues, the picture quality, black level is just amazing. Maybe it's because the XBR aesthetics don't flow well to me, or the luck of the draw getting a decent panel without mura or flashlight effect, and the fact that they have their own version of TBE, but not using the exact terms.

All in all, every set out now, at least LCDs have their fair share of issues. You just have to choose one that has issues you can live with. All in all, I like the Samsung, and both my friend with an XBR and a Sharp had a hard time telling me the picture wasn't great, not that their sets looked bad, but they couldn't tell me that it was not impressive.
post #7937 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

So you send us on a quest. This would prove it but people have said here they recorded it and when they rewind and replayed it, it plays fine. It is a buffer overrun, a memory leak, or a bad ram type of problem i think which makes isolation impossible or very difficult. If i find a repeatable segment i will let you know. You may have to go back a minute of so to fill the buffer to repeat the occurrence so we should go back a bit and replay also.Regards

Yes, a quest...if you wish, this forum has done it before. I agree that isolating the problem will be difficult, we must keep DVR's out of the equation, and going back on the disk a few minutes before the occurrence would be advised.

Maybe before this quest is even started : Has anybody even witnessed stutter playing a regular DVD movie w/AMP @ MED?

all is good....LNT4671 1005/1001 SQ01 w/old PS3 80G,Oppo 83 & 2400ES into Mirage OS3FS
post #7938 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKVic View Post

. I still havent seen anything that I could call stuttering ect, can anyone explain what I should be looking for?

see link in my sig; read first post

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS.
post #7939 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

i also have fw 1009, with September manufacturing date. I dont have TBE or stuttering. but what I do have, and i think only two other people here reported having this also, is very uneven backlighting, with very bad flashlight effect on all four corners. so its going back to amazon.

i stole this from the sony thread, but this is what mines looks like. although the intensity of the white is not as bad, its still close. mine has it more on its four corners.

post #7940 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In an effort to pinpoint what incurs stutter....(too much to type so I will just summarize)..I have a suggestion:
1.find 1(or better yet, 2) universally available, easily accessible DVD movie = only 1 (or 2) disk that everyone will use
2.that DVD should be available to be played on any DVD player...an older 480i thru S-Vid or Composite, an 1080i/p upscaled thru HDMI or Component, a 1080i/p via HD/BD player thru HDMI or Component (Xbox DVD add-on would have to be excluded due to pre mentioned problems). = almost everyone would be able to do the test
note: this TV should not stutter regardless of INPUT
3. those DVD disks should produce stutter at the exact same time stamp points regardless of the disk format (ie. regular DVD or HD/BD), the user, or the equipment. = control point
4. those disks should indicate stutter only on the Sam71f series and not on any other TV sets = validity
5. AMP set @ MED could be the test point. The test is either Passed or Failed = test results

The above conditions would, IMO, cut down the variables considerably.

So, all we need now is to find a suitable DVD disk

Keep in mind that this must be kept as simple as possible.

Any suggestions?

for hd dvd: borne identity: the scene when the fishing boat pulls into the harbor and the captain gives bourne some money, just watch it from the start until he gets to the bank for me it stutters just about every time, if it does not, just watch it again, i have never gotten it to play smoothly 2x.

for blu-ray: 5th element: the scene where the guys are pushing the severed hand of the 5th element, just watch it from the starts of the scene until she is reconstructed. i have never gotten it to do it 2x.

for both put AMP on and set the player to 1080p/24 (obviously via HDMI). the higher the level of AMP the faster the stutter shows and the worse it is. i get it with low and so on.

as for SD DVDs I do not own any and do not have anything to offer here.

post #7941 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman79 View Post

TBE takes nothing away from picture quality. Like I said before, I might have thought about switching it out for an XBR for two minutes after I noticed the TBE, but after taking a quick look at the XBR thread, I quickly decided that the 71 set is a better set for me. Even with TBE issues, the picture quality, black level is just amazing. Maybe it's because the XBR aesthetics don't flow well to me, or the luck of the draw getting a decent panel without mura or flashlight effect, and the fact that they have their own version of TBE, but not using the exact terms.

All in all, every set out now, at least LCDs have their fair share of issues. You just have to choose one that has issues you can live with. All in all, I like the Samsung, and both my friend with an XBR and a Sharp had a hard time telling me the picture wasn't great, not that their sets looked bad, but they couldn't tell me that it was not impressive.

Im with you on this, I started out on getting the Sony XBR4 but after the guy at Circuit City showed me the 5271F I had to get it. I just wasnt happy with the look of the XBR series with how it has the glass frame all the way around the screen and Sony has been having troubles with clouds since the XBR2s and still cant seem to get rid of them. I havent seen any jitters with my 5271 yet but did have the TBE with my set using FW 2002. I upgraded to FW 2004 this mourning and watched football all day and the only time I saw TBE with the new firmware is with the AMP set to high.

BKVic
post #7942 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Hello all,

i just got my 4671 today, and i'm wondering if there is a way to check with a Xbox 360 if TBE exists on my screen, i havent even turned the things on yet, but im going to play some 360 now. if anyone knows please post back, thank you
post #7943 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep...and on the 1st post of this thread also...so many people keep asking the same question over & over.
If the Sam BD/HD player sees the problem.....now that would really be funny
PS. Actually it has already started...the mere fact that this thread has shed light on the issue.

my classes finish in 2 weeks, and when i have the time i will make a video since i know exactly how to get stutter. i have tried a sony bd player and samsung 1400 bd player and a toshiba xa2 hd dvd, all stutter. in fact i even went to best buy and hooked the new panasonic player up to a 4071 and it also stuttered (using superman returns). once you know how to do it, it's easy. set the player to 1080p/24, set amp on, use an hdmi cable and you'll get stutter.

post #7944 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowryan View Post

for hd dvd: borne identity: the scene when the fishing boat pulls into the harbor and the captain gives bourne some money, just watch it from the start until he gets to the bank for me it stutters just about every time, if it does not, just watch it again, i have never gotten it to play smoothly 2x.

for blu-ray: 5th element: the scene where the guys are pushing the severed hand of the 5th element, just watch it from the starts of the scene until she is reconstructed. i have never gotten it to do it 2x.

for both put AMP on and set the player to 1080p/24 (obviously via HDMI). the higher the level of AMP the faster the stutter shows and the worse it is. i get it with low and so on.

as for SD DVDs I do not own any and do not have anything to offer here.

Thats a good start, but not many people can do 1080p/24. It would be good to know if people with the regular DVD's see the same problem.

all is good....LNT4671 1005/1001 SQ01 w/old PS3 80G,Oppo 83 & 2400ES into Mirage OS3FS
post #7945 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowryan View Post

my classes finish in 2 weeks, and when i have the time i will make a video since i know exactly how to get stutter. i have tried a sony bd player and samsung 1400 bd player and a toshiba xa2 hd dvd, all stutter. in fact i even went to best buy and hooked the new panasonic player up to a 4071 and it also stuttered (using superman returns). once you know how to do it, it's easy. set the player to 1080p/24, set amp on, use an hdmi cable and you'll get stutter.

Great if you can make a video.

post #7946 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinluo1 View Post

hey i just got my 4671 today. it's 2002/1001 made 10/11/07. when i was playing assasin's creed today i noticed that when i spin the camera 360 degrees , buildings, trees, mountains...etc gets split in half horizontally. like the top half is still in the previous second and the bottom one moved to the nxt second.

anyone experiencing this? is there a way to fix it? i played with amp settings and when its on High it helps a lot, when it's off it gets worse.

i dont see this problem when watching movies.

thanks in advance!!

That's a fault of the game, not the TV. Some games don't use vsync so what you see is called tearing.

Rob
post #7947 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad View Post

So, if they are already working on it, I see no need to upgrade and live through possible PQ degradation and increased stutter until they get it right. If I hear they are not working on it because they have not had enough input, then I will upgrade, and I hope everyone else who is holding out would do so also. All that being said, I still think we should call them and tell them about our problem and why we are not upgrading.

No PQ degradation or added stutter with my 4671. There has always been source specific stutter issues prior to the new firmware so it's not a new problem. Stutter also has absolutely nothing to do with 1080p or hdmi because I'm running 1080i component from my cable box and I have seen stutter, mostly on NBC channels for some reason. There seems to be way more speculation than fact floating around now since the update came out. Even if a new firmware comes out that fixes stutter, someone is going to find something to complain about.

Rob
post #7948 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:54 PM

people talk about putting the screen into game mode, but i dont see an option, anyone want to help ?
post #7949 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibombz View Post

people talk about putting the screen into game mode, but i dont see an option, anyone want to help ?

Its in the Setup Menu

post #7950 of 28850 Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tessier View Post

Not sure what you mean when you say the speaker housing is lower on one side. Do you mean the clear plastic sound deflectors on the sides?

I also got your PM but I'll just respond here for all to read. I'm still on the fence about returning mine. I had intended on making up my mind if the service center could not remedy the stutter but I had to reschedule my service appointment. Since it was on my way home, I stopped by BB today and looked at HDTVs again. The Samsung does have a nice picture compared to some of the others but then again, so does the Sony IMO. I still have time to return mine before the 30 days is up but if I do, I won't be getting a Samsung set. If you mostly like the set and can live with the slight speaker housing defect, I wouldn't exchange it for the same as you could very well get another one worse and you'd still have TBE and (likely) picture stutter.

We've heard a few people say they have stuck pixels or worse. My panel has no defects in it that I can see so if I return this set, it will be purely due to the TBE/Stutter. Since there is no proof yet that 2xxx doesn't have stutter as well, I'd just go for another brand. Keep in mind that picture stutter is very source dependant and *ONLY* occurs when AMP is on but it does need to be fixed. I'd like to believe that Samsung will eventually make it right but there is no guarantee of that. TBE is minimal in low and I can live with that. So what it comes down to for me is wheather or not I want to gamble that Samsung will eventually find a solution to the stutter if the service rep can't find a solution when he comes here. I will wait to decide that until after my service appointment.

Hope that give you some food for thought regarding exchanging your set.

T

Buy a Sharp and deal with possible banding
Buy a Sony and deal with possible clouding and dark corners
Buy a Toshiba and deal with possible green push

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Well, maybe on the Toshiba

I like the Sony's, but I really dislike the xbr4 styling with that clear frame. I wonder if it's removable.

Rob
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page