AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc21mt View Post

For those interested in differences between Samsung 71 and the Sony XBR4:

I was able to compare both (46") at CC, where they were playing the same feed and were positioned right next to one another. All of the settings were the same on both tvs. There was no question for me that the Sony XBR4 produced "blacker" blacks. It was to the point that the Samsung's attempt at black came out gray.

As for colors, both sets were worlds beyond the older tvs. Again though, sony gets the edge. I couldnt believe how the color popped off the sony, even with the matte screen. The sony picture appeared 3D, and that is the first time i ever saw that in my life!!! The Samsung had great color but simply wasnt 3D. In terms of 120HZ power, both sets have it and they seemed very comparable.

Dont get me wrong, the Samsung is a great tv, one of the best yet to come out but i have to go with the Sony. I promptly ordered the Sony after leaving the store. Hope this helps anyone...

Thanks for your feedback and evaluation - I feel that no ones a loser with either choice. Some will prefer one or the other but it's rare indeed your going to get a consensus of agreement on anything on this forum and even if you do always buy what you personally prefer. There's plenty of room at the top for more than one or two panels to set the bar - there are an abundance of below the bar as it is.

Enjoy whichever you prefer but thanks for the time you took to report your experience. I look forward to viewing them also.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just saw the 71 @ CC in NYC. they were playing a Blue Ray of the Ghost Rider movie. The picture was amazing. Some one mentioned in this thread that the Samsung was not 3-D, I totaly disagree with that statement. I have never seen a TV that has such a 3-d look. I was wondering how this set was going to compare to the 65 series, but I can honestly say that set looked much better.
post #63 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 05:15 PM

So you're saying the 65 looked better than the 71?
post #64 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpjunkie View Post

Well the msrp isn't that different on those sets either. It is all about being able to do 1080p24 well. That is the major update. 120hz. I still have my eye on the 81 so if that comes out in the next 29 days and just kills everything out there, I might have to upgrade. But for now I got a great price from CC and this thing is knocking my socks.

Do they make a blu-ray avia calibration disk or will the standard dvd avia disk work. I do have that one... Does it matter?
I seriously whish I bought a nice digital cam cause my iPhone just isn't cutting it....

FOR MARK1080P, the csr at CC told me not to wash the screen with windex and use a special non-ammonia, non-alchoholic, non-abrasive(duh like I was going to use comet) wash on the screen since it is treated with 5 layers of anti-glare. He might have just been trying to up-sell some screen clean product. He did point to a plasma that he said had the coating. He said one of the CSR's washed with windex and it had a huge round blotch in the upper left. So I don't know...

Sound to me like he is suggesting that wash it with that high-tech cleaner called water.
post #65 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjgkelly View Post

Sound to me like he is suggesting that wash it with that high-tech cleaner called water.

Righto...well you can opt for the Monster screen cleaning kit that works wonders, but to be honest...it smells like old water in a bottle and its just packaged with a microfiber towel. Works well though, I use it at work.

At home I've got LCD wipes, they work great and don't leave streaks.

Just get microfiber towels, dampen them a little and wipe the smudges away, just be sure to dust before you wipe as the dust particles can cause thin scratches.
post #66 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 PM

With 'motionflow' turned off, anyone know what is the response rate of the 71series then? or since it's 120Hz the response time is not important anymore?

and also question to Sharpjunkie:
can you check in the user manual, cause we don't have any pdfs files from Samsung yet, whether it accepts?
1080p/60, 1080p/30 and/or 1080p/24?
post #67 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So I finally hooked up my 71 to my HTPC. It was a pain in the ass. I had to connect my old 15inch monitor to my HTPC, trick it into 1080p. I rebooted my pc and had it connected to my 71 but it seems that it kept coming up as 1280x728 and the 71 just kept giving me a blue box with no signal detected message. So I tricked my HTPC. Connected the vga in. Had the wireless mouse on the accept button. Then just pressed the button blind and whala, the tv came one with a distorted image. I rebooted the pc and bam works fine. So as I am typing this I am looking up at the 71 seeing something. The blacks on it look black. The same place on my macbook where it is dark black on the 71, it is gray on my macbook. What a bummer, for my macbook. LOL.

Ok and low and behold I know that alot of you guys were wondering about the whole 120hz for PC. Well I got good news and bad news... I opened up properties and went to the advanced settings. Under monitor it showed 60hz. The box that said hide modes that the monitor can't display was checked. I unchecked it. Then it showed 60 75 100 and 120 hz. I clicked on 120. The screen flashed then went back to normal. Man my mouse moves so fluid in 120hz. I decided to put it back in 60hz. So you can up it to 120 for you HTPC people. The only thing with the VGA output for your pc to the 71, the motionplus is stuck on low and grayed out in all settings. Might have to use dvi-hdmi for HTPC to get better control of the display...

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #68 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzik View Post

With 'motionflow' turned off, anyone know what is the response rate of the 71series then? or since it's 120Hz the response time is not important anymore?

can you check in the user manual, cause we don't have any pdfs files from Samsung yet, whether it accepts?

Don't know the response time. I thumbed through the manual and the display options are the same as in the 66/65/61 manual. It also states that pc inputs only accept 60hz even though I was able to switch it to 120 and had it work with no problems. I plugged my iphone in for giggles and it started charging through the usb wiselink but I was unable to play any music or photos. Probably since it is osx. It did recognize the usb and the photos and music came up but folder showed as empty.

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #69 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 PM

Great........now my interest is peaked.

I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on the Panasonic 42PZ700, but from the sounds of things this Samsung LCD is a real winner.

Is it out in Canada?

How would you compare the set to the Panasonic 42PZ700 series?

Cheers,

Detox

P.S. Love all the screen shots!
post #70 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM

This samsung looks like a winner.

Two questions for you.
1. Have you watched any fast pace sports in HD? Noticed any motion blur?
2. Any black crush? How is the shadow details in dark scenes. Thanks.

Quote:

Don't know the response time. I thumbed through the manual and the display options are the same as in the 66/65/61 manual. It also states that pc inputs only accept 60hz even though I was able to switch it to 120 and had it work with no problems. I plugged my iphone in for giggles and it started charging through the usb wiselink but I was unable to play any music or photos. Probably since it is osx. It did recognize the usb and the photos and music came up but folder showed as empty.

post #71 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

...are you asking about reflection on the screen or just the actual room and any light seepage from the screen? When the screen is black at night, the room is black. Well i will test that tonight. I have a bunch of bright blue wall lights so i don't run into walls at night so I will unplug those...

That's not exactly what I meant. If you were to have a scene like a outerspace scene like Star Wars on every digital TV in a totally darkened room black areas turn somewhat grayish. In other words the black space on the screen doesn't dissappear into the darkness. Your Sammy has near perfect black levels when the lights are on but how much do totally black areas lighten when the lights are off?
post #72 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaland View Post

This samsung looks like a winner.

Two questions for you.
1. Have you watched any fast pace sports in HD? Noticed any motion blur?
2. Any black crush? How is the shadow details in dark scenes. Thanks.

No, no football or sports yet. Still waiting to try that in HD with the motionplus. When watching the casion royal blu ray I noticed no black crush, just perfect blacks, whites, and everything in between. I did watch a harry potter SDDVD, the first one, and it was black crush galore. This was from a ps3 upscalled to 1080p through HDMI. So SDDVD's will need some work for sure. The worst part is if you use your ps3 for games and movies, you have to keep adjusting the colors. I might just have to calibrate the movies input for the ps3 and then just use dynamic or standard for ps3 games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

That's not exactly what I meant. If you were to have a scene like a outerspace scene like Star Wars on every digital TV in a totally darkened room black areas turn somewhat grayish. In other words the black space on the screen doesn't dissappear into the darkness. Your Sammy has near perfect black levels when the lights are on but how much do totally black areas lighten when the lights are off?

I will try that tonight when it get's dark, any suggestions on what movie to pop in to try that out?

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #73 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox View Post

I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on the Panasonic 42PZ700, but from the sounds of things this Samsung LCD is a real winner.

Is it out in Canada?

Cheers,

Detox

Detox, thanks I'm trying, I know what people want on here so I am trying to post some results and answer questions the best I can. I don't know about Canada as these 71's just hit USA retail one week ago. As far as plasma vs the 71, go to page 2 and you will find an image from bioshock that I posted on my 71 and another owner posted on his pioneer plasma, check out two things in that pic. First check out the red and black pipe on the right side of the screen my character is holding. Look at the black head and how deep and 3d it looks on my 71, now look at the huge difference on the plasma and how gray it looks. Also check out the life gauge in the upper left hand screen. Mine looks more 3d and vivid where as on the plasma it looks like it is blooming and has some severe red push in the picture all in all it could just be a calibration on the plasmas part, hard to tell between bad camera shots.

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #74 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 PM

Alright first thing in the morning when i went into work i checked if we got the 71 series. Sure enough we had 1 40" and 2 46" (we already had a 52).

We also got the 46 XBR4. Made some room for them in the store and put them side by side.

My impressions from watching these both sets from 11:30 till 5.

First off the default settings on the XBR are much better than the 71. At first i thought ohh man the 71 doesn't look good next to it. They both were on Dynamic and Vivid respectfully.

Then i started to calibrate both of them. I matched up both of them to the identical settings in Standard with the backlight at 5 for both. They both produced the same image. I grabbed a bunch of people from the store and manager and they all agree they both look about the same.

As far as what i see is that the 71 definitely adds more of a 3D look. I strongly disagree that the XBR looks 3D at all. We have a 40" XBR4 connected to a Blu-Ray all day for the past week or so and it does NOT look 3D. Don
t get me wrong it looks amazing but even the 65 has more of a 3D effect than the XBR's. If you put in Pirates in the main menu the Skull and Fire look completely 3D on the 65 and 71. I truly believe this is the work of the Gloss screen. Go see for yourself how fire looks on the Samsungs compared to the Sony. As far as blacks are concerned they look slight better on the 71. You would get more detail on the 71 which surprised me. I was thinking the opposite was going to happen but when i put the 40" next to the 65 the 65 has more detail which is odd because compared to any other Sony you get much more of a natural picture and skin tones.

Honestly I'm going with a 4071 for myself. Don't get me wrong the Sony looks good but i Love the design of the Samsung and the blue light in the middle thats touch for power on/off looks very slick.

I can't imagine how the 81 will look. I highly doubt we will carry them but if we stop getting the 61/65 i hope we get both.
post #75 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox View Post

Is it out in Canada?

Cheers,

Detox

The 42pz700u has been a real popular seller as of late, blacks are pretty good, but no where near the levels of the 8g's or even the 71's. Comparable to the 65fs. The problem with the Panny is that it doesn't have 120hz and can't do 1080p/24fps. If you want something FULLY featured, then the 71 is for you, but if you don't care for all that stuff or you don't even have equipment that supports HDMI 1.3, 1080p/24fps...then you might want to look at the cheaper 7000u. Motion in general just seems a little better on the 71 though, theres a bit of blurring on the Panny. I know, because I just returned my 50pz750u for the 4671.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzik View Post

The response time of the 71 is 8ms grey to grey. Motion and response time really depends on manufacturer to manufacturer. Response time is still important, just not so much as the 120hz kind of compensates for movement. The TV does accept all of those res/fps.
post #76 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-eM View Post

Alright first thing in the morning when i went into work i checked if we got the 71 series. Sure enough we had 1 40" and 2 46" (we already had a 52).

We also got the 46 XBR4. Made some room for them in the store and put them side by side.

First off the default settings on the XBR are much better than the 71. At first i thought ohh man the 71 doesn't look good next to it. They both were on Dynamic and Vivid respectfully.

Then i started to calibrate both of them. I matched up both of them to the identical settings in Standard with the backlight at 5 for both. They both produced the same image. I grabbed a bunch of people from the store and manager and they all agree they both look about the same.

As far as what i see is that the 71 definitely adds more of a 3D look. I strongly disagree that the XBR looks 3D at all. We have a 40" XBR4 connected to a Blu-Ray all day for the past week or so and it does NOT look 3D. Don
t get me wrong it looks amazing but even the 65 has more of a 3D effect than the XBR's. If you put in Pirates in the main menu the Skull and Fire look completely 3D on the 65 and 71. I truly believe this is the work of the Gloss screen. Go see for yourself how fire looks on the Samsungs compared to the Sony. As far as blacks are concerned they look slight better on the 71. You would get more detail on the 71 which surprised me. I was thinking the opposite was going to happen but when i put the 40" next to the 65 the 65 has more detail which is odd because compared to any other Sony you get much more of a natural picture and skin tones.

Honestly I'm going with a 4071 for myself. Don't get me wrong the Sony looks good but i Love the design of the Samsung and the blue light in the middle thats touch for power on/off looks very slick.

I can't imagine how the 81 will look. I highly doubt we will carry them but if we stop getting the 61/65 i hope we get both.

I too agree that the clearbright filter adds more depth to the picture rather than the normal matte finish screen.
post #77 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 PM

The Panasonic rep was in today. I just recently read up on the 1080p Panny and saw the video online of Gears of War frigging and wow i totally decided that as much as I'd love to have a plasma for gaming it definitely made me change my mind. The Panny rep never heard of that issue but yet he never heard of Gears of War so that tells you a lot. Trust me and i wanted to want the Panny because our deals on them now would blow your mind.

But if your looking at comparing this to a Plasma and plan on gaming on it go watch the Gears video on the Panny's.

The black levels were as close as i've seen to the Panny 700 on a LCD besides the 65.
post #78 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:

The Panasonic rep was in today. I just recently read up on the 1080p Panny and saw the video online of Gears of War frigging and wow i totally decided that as much as I'd love to have a plasma for gaming it definitely made me change my mind. The Panny rep never heard of that issue but yet he never heard of Gears of War so that tells you a lot. Trust me and i wanted to want the Panny because our deals on them now would blow your mind.

But if your looking at comparing this to a Plasma and plan on gaming on it go watch the Gears video on the Panny's.

The black levels were as close as i've seen to the Panny 700 on a LCD besides the 65.

I just actually came from the 50pz750u, and yeah...the accommodation is freakin sick on those tv's for employees. I've got nothing but good things to say about Panasonic's new line of plasmas. The only things you could wish for are 1080p/24fps and 120hz. The main reason why I returned mine though was because of the image retention, Panasonic does have a sub pixel controller to reduce burn-in, in fact you probably wouldn't burn something into the screen unless you really tried...but I'm anal and even the temporary image retention annoyed me. I found myself playing less games just because of this alone...which is a big deal for me.
post #79 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice, good to hear. I just download some of the 1080p trailers on ps3 and watched the harry potter order of the phoenix. That scene where all the pictures explode on the wall and the shards of glass go flying, well I swear I almost jumped to the ground. It seemed like the glass was flying out of the screen into my face. I remember what the CC csr said to me as I walked off to go pick up my tv in the pickup counter, "I'm so jealous, I hate you!" It is a sweet tv, I have been breaking it in hard these past 2 days with bioshock. I also downloaded the call of duty 2 demo on 360 and played that with no verticle sycn issues at all. Ran smooth like butter. I used med and low cinemotion plus and it seemed like the games was on a pc. That smooth...

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #80 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Nice, good to hear. I just download some of the 1080p trailers on ps3 and watched the harry potter order of the phoenix. That scene where all the pictures explode on the wall and the shards of glass go flying, well I swear I almost jumped to the ground. It seemed like the glass was flying out of the screen into my face. I remember what the CC csr said to me as I walked off to go pick up my tv in the pickup counter, "I'm so jealous, I hate you!" It is a sweet tv, I have been breaking it in hard these past 2 days with bioshock. I also downloaded the call of duty 2 demo on 360 and played that with no verticle sycn issues at all. Ran smooth like butter. I used med and low cinemotion plus and it seemed like the games was on a pc. That smooth...

I have an old Sammy 32" (LNS3242 too be exact)
When i used DVI to HDMI i got serious over scan and have used VGA ever since. I just ordered a new computer with dual 8500GT's. Should I get any issues with going DVI to HDMI this time around? With the vga now it won't support 720p and if i use the S-video out to component on the videocard it just didn't look good either on my 7600GT. I've heard this set has the 1:1 so it should work but wondering if you think staying with VGA is best bet?
post #81 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have an old Sammy 32" (LNS3242 too be exact)
When i used DVI to HDMI i got serious over scan and have used VGA ever since. I just ordered a new computer with dual 8500GT's. Should I get any issues with going DVI to HDMI this time around? With the vga now it won't support 720p and if i use the S-video out to component on the videocard it just didn't look good either on my 7600GT. I've heard this set has the 1:1 so it should work but wondering if you think staying with VGA is best bet?

Up to you try both. I have both dvi and vga output on my HTPC., sidenote, watching something on fox40HD right now at 845pm, there is a guy in a black chair with a black suit on, black shirt with black stripes, and a black tie, I can see the freaking detail in all the different shades of black this guy is wearing. It is in 720p and there are black bars on the left and right of the screen that I wouldn't even have know where there unless my kitchen light was on. Sorry had a wow moment. Ok, with dvi-HDMI you are going to get better options to tweak on the display where as on the vga you will get less, and like I said, some being locked like motionplus on low. There are 3 hdmi ports so for me I could always switch as ps3 is on one. 360elite is on another and the 3rd is open.

Let's get to overscan. On vga I only have 2 options, 16x9 and 4x3. Just scan is grayed out but then again there is no overscan whatsoever. The 71 is getting an exact native picture. Might just be a vga thing im sure. For cable on the coax in, I can select just scan only for 1080i shows. Usually this just gives me that line on top or on the side which shows all that junk so I just set that to 16x9 to get rid of the cable noise. Have no tried the components yet, that will be my next task here..

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #82 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc21mt View Post

The comparison was at CC, so it was not a dark room. The 120HZ settings were the same for both tvs. I would adjust them so that they were equal on both sets when i compared them. I found the settings much more "user friendly" (easier to access, etc.) on the sony than the samsung.

In comparison, there is no way in the world that between the two sets that i saw for over 30 minutes, the samsung looked better. That was my experience.

Why would you put them on "equal" settings rather than tweaking each individually to obtain an optimum picture? They are two different beasts, putting them on the "same" settings are obviously going to give you two different pictures.
post #83 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

See underlined sentence above. Are you saying the 71 has a glossy screen? I was under the impression that it wasn't.
post #84 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

See underlined sentence above. Are you saying the 71 has a glossy screen? I was under the impression that it wasn't.

71 and 81s have glossy screens
post #85 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffe156 View Post

I just saw the 71 @ CC in NYC. they were playing a Blue Ray of the Ghost Rider movie. The picture was amazing. Some one mentioned in this thread that the Samsung was not 3-D, I totaly disagree with that statement. I have never seen a TV that has such a 3-d look. I was wondering how this set was going to compare to the 65 series, but I can honestly say that set looked much better.

which CC story in NYC did you see this. I will go check tomorrow. thanks
post #86 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I'm impressed the 71 series can take a 120Hz input. The XBR4 cannot as I tried it tonight on my Geforce 6800GT with the latest NVIDIA drivers for Vista 64-bit.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XBox 360 Slim l PS3 60GB l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR

post #87 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 PM

Magnolia in Santa Monica...

I have been stopping in the Santa Monica Magnolia store off and on now for about a year trying to find my HDTV set. When I heard about the Samsung 81/71 series LCD sets I thought one of those could finally be the one I am waiting for. Whenever I would mention either one of these sets to the people at Magnolia, they would tell me that they will never look as good as the new pioneer sets. I have to admit the new pioneers look really good, but I don't want to have to worry about image retention, burn in, etc... For you few lucky ones who have seen the new 71 and or 81... how do they compare?
post #88 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.elephantsdream.org/
Go to this site and download this movie called elephant dream. It is in 1080p format for windows, quicktime, also playable in VLC. It is animated and it is the most AMAZING think I have ever seen to test blacks and whites..... Straight amazing on the LNTxx71. Would be equally good on any other lcd or plasma. Free download.

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
post #89 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:

http://www.elephantsdream.org/
Go to this site and download this movie called elephant dream. It is in 1080p format for windows, quicktime, also playable in VLC. It is animated and it is the most AMAZING think I have ever seen to test blacks and whites..... Straight amazing on the LNTxx71. Would be equally good on any other lcd or plasma. Free download.

I am happy for you Sharpjunkie, I remember we both were going crazy over the banding madness with sharp. I picked up the 65f back in may and have been very happy since. I'm glad you got yourself a panel that rocks, better than mine mind you

I have turned to the dark side, it is blu........ and I like it.

But I still bleed HD red...
post #90 of 28850 Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Freak View Post

I am happy for you Sharpjunkie, I remember we both were going crazy over the banding madness with sharp. I picked up the 65f back in may and have been very happy since. I'm glad you got yourself a panel that rocks, better than mine mind you

Na, they are both amazing sets. I think more or less going to a bigger screen for me just doubled my enjoyment. Granted the screen is only 6 inches but my enjoyment is like 10 times that. I thought a 46 was going to be way too big but I was wrong. I can't believe I actually unboxed this thing, carried it from my garage outside about 100 feet, up 2 flights of stairs to my condo, put the wall mount on and somehow supermaned this thing up on the wall 5 feet in the air, now that I think back to it. I have no clue how in the world I did that. I can tell you that my biceps and quads hurt like hell 2 days later though.... Damn friends. You know who your true friends are when it comes time to move. I recommend highly that you have at least 2 people when moving a tv any bigger than 40 inches. It can be done but I thought that I was going to be found a month later in my condo crushed to death by the 71. This was what was going through my mind when I was holding it in midair wondering, "ok, it feels like its on the mount on the wall, I will just hold it here with one hand and look behind really quick to see if both mounts are on the track, steady, steady, if this thing moves im going to jackie chan out of the way, YES they are on! I'm alive!"

Pioneer 5080 & Elite 111
Ps3 Blu Ray
XboX 360 Elite
Pioneer BD51fD
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page