Official Samsung LNT-xx71f Owners Thread - Page 962 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #28831 of 28850 Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 AM
EG3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
That looks like a bad LCD panel to me. You can try flexing the panel from opposite corners to verify. Most likely a tab bond in the panel has come loose.
newsman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28832 of 28850 Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG3 View Post

That looks like a bad LCD panel to me. You can try flexing the panel from opposite corners to verify. Most likely a tab bond in the panel has come loose.

Thanks. Sorry for the late response. I tried what you said, and it doesn't seem to effect it in any way. Continues to flicker at the same rate...

I tried pushing/pulling from the opposite corners diagonally, then at then just the top corners, and just the bottom corners. Didn't seem to do anything different. I tried hitting it here and there as well no effect lol frown.gif

I wall mounted this TV about 9 months ago. After that the tv would randomly make a loud "CRACK" type noise, from expansion/contraction of the unit and the brackets... I wonder if this caused some issues? confused.gif

Thanks

quik
post #28833 of 28850 Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I also just start having the banding which comes and goes. I already had the capacitor leak issue repaired under warranty 2 years ago. I spent 2200 on this back in 08 and still get compliments on the picture quality to this day. Any ideas on how much lcd panel replacements cost?
post #28834 of 28850 Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob View Post

I also just start having the banding which comes and goes. I already had the capacitor leak issue repaired under warranty 2 years ago. I spent 2200 on this back in 08 and still get compliments on the picture quality to this day. Any ideas on how much lcd panel replacements cost?
I won't take a guess... but it may be cheaper to buy a new set. I remember buying my set back in October 2007. I don't remember how much I paid. However, if it needed repair, I wouldn't hesitate to go out and buy a new set.
post #28835 of 28850 Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 PM

New member here, and new owner of a LNT4069FX/XAA (to my understanding the 71 and 69 are the same except the covering?)

My tv has the common relay issue and repeatedly turns on and off from standby mode when I plug it in. The screen stays black, I get a tone, and I hear the relay click. It takes about 10 seconds for the tv to go through this cycle. As I understand it, this is a common issue with Samsungs. So here's what I've done so far;

Upon opening the back I realized none of the caps were domed, I took one of each size out and checked it with a capacitance meter and they came out alright (I have an esr meter on order so i'll check that sometime next week hopefully). I put the caps in and tried an eeprom reset but the screen stayed black (although it had stopped cycling).

So today I went and got 4 25v 1000mF 105C rated caps and swapped them in. I also soldered a mini switch across pins 5&6 of the eeprom so I could reset it without having to keep taking it apart between attempts. I tried multiple sequence of steps to reset it but nothing was successful. The first time I did it the screen came on with these grey spots/clouds that grew until they took up the whole screen (it looked very much like some kind of video effect). Now after about 50 attempts it's in a state where if I leave it unplugged for 10 minutes and fire it up a yellow bar covers the left 4 inches of the screen while the rest fills up with that grey cloud pattern.

I really am at a loss as to what to do next. It seems this is a very common problem but the common solutions aren't working on my tv so my problem may not be the same.

The very last thing I did was open the tcon board cover and check the small surface mount fuse (it was fine). I'm gonna check the inverter board left of the PSB tomorrow after I let the tv sit overnight. Not sure what I'll be looking for but I'll start by testing the transformers. I noticed today though that one of the inverter boards input connections wasn't being (the plug at the top was empty). Is this normal? The plug at the bottom connects to two separate 3pin connectors on the high voltage side of the PSB (near the giant inverter).
post #28836 of 28850 Old 12-15-2012, 10:32 AM

I have the same exact problem happening with my Samsung LNT5271FX/XAA television. Did you ever find out what was going on with yours? I had the capacitor, power unit replaced, but that did not make a difference.
post #28837 of 28850 Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM

I have the same exact problem happening with my Samsung LNT5271FX/XAA television. Did you ever find out what was going on with yours? I had the capacitor, power unit replaced, but that did not make a difference.
post #28838 of 28850 Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgtexas View Post

Hopefully this thread is alive enough for me to find some help.

I have had my 71f for 3 years next month and about 2 weeks ago it started behaving oddly. Up until now I have been perfectly happy with the TV. I have tried every search combination of words possible to see if someone else has had the same issues, either on here or the rest of the net and I have come up empty handed. Here are the symptoms:

1) When the TV is turned on the touch buttons on the lower right step up indicating the TV is starting, but now they all remain fully lit instead of stepping back down.

2) Every button press, either from the remote or on the touch buttons, results in the TV attempting to switch sources, beeping once or twice, and then performing the requested command. I have had to remove all other source connections so it can't actually cycle to another source just to watch tv with some small amount of functionality.

So, for example, in order to change the channel you press the channel button, the tv beeps, tries to switch source, can't, flashes the no other input warning, and changes the channel. It is almost as if every command it receives is preceded internally by a switch input command. The only thing I can come up with is that the touch buttons are somehow broken or stuck and/or the IR board is faulty somehow.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I need to call Samsung, but given the age of the TV I am not hopeful they will do much without it costing money. At the same time it is a bit ridiculous to pay as much as I did for a TV that has a life expectancy of 3 years.

post #28839 of 28850 Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 AM

Hate to reply to an old thread but I need help. I was wondering if the LCD Displays are interchangeable between a LNT 4661 and a LNT 4671. I have a 4671 with a cracked screen and I can get a 4661 that has a good screen and just needs a video board replaced.

Thanks
post #28840 of 28850 Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bobbyg View Post

Hate to reply to an old thread but I need help. I was wondering if the LCD Displays are interchangeable between a LNT 4661 and a LNT 4671. I have a 4671 with a cracked screen and I can get a 4661 that has a good screen and just needs a video board replaced.

Thanks

I'm no HDTV technician, but I believe the LCD panels on the two models you mentioned are NOT interchangeable.

If my research is correct, the part number for the LN-T4671F LCD display is BN07-00476A ... which is only used on that model, and one other (LN46F81BD). You can see where I got that info here:

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN07-00476A.aspx?model=

Good luck!

46" Samsung LN-T4671F FW: 1007 HW: 1001 (2007/08/09)

SA8300HDC with Navigator 2.4.9_3 Version (2008/01/24)

32" Samsung LN32D450G1

42" Panasonic TC-L42E50

post #28841 of 28850 Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the reply!!!
post #28842 of 28850 Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

have not posted in this thread for a long time but still love my 52"

Just for those that still have this set and know what stutter is I have the fix for me. After this post died I turned off automotion plus, calibrated the set and was done. Recently I purchased redmere hdmi cables. I run monoproce 3' ultra slim from the component (sat box) to my a/v pro and redmere slim from the processor to the 52" 71. I can now run automotion plus on high and have been running it on low for more than a week and not one stutter. It does not fix the gas fumes on pickets or fences with movement in front but that is also with it off but not as pronounces. These cables have fixed stutter on my setup and may be worth a try for others and hence the post. My a/v pro is a anthem avm50 and I do process through it. It was not the cable to the tv that made the difference (I bought it first) but the combination and the cable from the sat box to the prepro in conjunction with the one to the tv.

This tv stuttered for me with many receivers but these redmere cables seem to have fixed this issue. Let us know

Regards
post #28843 of 28850 Old 04-30-2013, 06:59 PM

So, The issue with the horizontal lines and the flashing has finally reached its pinnacle. It started on the right side of the screen and over the last several months has slowly taken over the rest of the screen. The problem comes and goes and has been more of a nuisance than a real problem till this past week. I am taking into to get a repair shop to get an estimate. If its not fixable under $400 then itll be time to move on. Either way Ill leave a post as to what they determined was the problem.
post #28844 of 28850 Old 06-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Finally got my tv looked at by an official repair center. Its a bad tab bond on the lcd panel. Requires a whole new panel to repair it. Quoted price of repair is $740 for a new panel and $140 for labor. Yea aint gonna happen. Im leaning towards a 50" lg or panasonic for less than a grand.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
post #28845 of 28850 Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 PM

I posted this in its own separate thread before I found this specific thread for the LNTXX71F models. I can't tell if this thread is officially still alive or not.

A friend of my wife started having issues with the subject TV in late 2011 and unfortunately was not made aware of Samsung's offer to pay to have capacitors replaced through mid-March 2012.

The TV somtimes would not power on, but the primary symptom was that there would be no picture and the screen would gradually start to go from black to a light gray, starting in the upper right corner as facing it from the front. For several months, she could eventually get the picture to come on by repeatedly powering the set off and on. Once the picture was displaying, it would have a flicker or a line that would drop out in the picture for an instant fairly frequently. After being on for several days it would typically shut off on its own. It then got to where it didn't want to power on reliably.

Based on information I found regarding issues with this TV, even though the capacitors on the power supply module did not exhibit external signs of failure, I ordered a kit for approximately $15 that contained 8 capacitors.

After installing them, the TV powered on reliably for a while, however, there was no picture and rather than the screen staying black, it faded to a light gray starting in the upper right corner.

I had read about a "flashlight" effect happening with these TVs starting in the corner, however, that sounded more like a lighter spot in that portion of the screen rather than something that consumed the entire display and prevented any of the signal source from ever being displayed.

The audio is playing fine and I have noticed that once the screen is a complete shade of grey, over time it seems to dim and then brighten slightly. I don't know if this is associated with changes in the video source that is being supplied to the TV or not. I have read that the T-Con and main Video board could also be at fault in these TVs. Given that audio is working, it sounds like it could be either of them.

After leaving the set powered on for a while and then going through various power on/off cycles, I got the TV to the point where it would display alternating horizontal and vertical lines or grid patterns with various colors of lines. Later it even got to the point where it displayed light/dark green vertical bars some of which were "hashed" and all of which gave the appearance of rapidly scrolling. Finally, after a couple of hours the set actually began displaying the actual source video with flickering white horizontal lines at random locations on the screen.

Then the TV started powering itself off and on. When it powers off it doesn't produce the descending musical notes that would be the case if you used the remote or power button to power it off. Also note that the blue light at the bottom of the frame that would normally extinguish when you power the set off does not go off when this happens. Sometimes it powers right back on. Other times it will keep cycling on and off numerous times before it ever gets to the point of attempting to ignite the display or respond to the remote control.

I am wondering if there is still an issue with the power control module or if there is something else that is signaling an abnormal condition and resulting in a shutdown. If this was the case I would expect the set to stay off rather than attempt to automatically power back on.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ted
post #28846 of 28850 Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM

This tv is not worth repair. The capacitor issue is just one of many for this brand. I fortunately had an extended warranty so I got mine repaired when the capcitor issue started happening, many however did not and got rid of it. You arent going to find to many people still discussing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #28847 of 28850 Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 AM

Agreed. This TV is not worth the repair bill. However, if Samsung will fix the capacitor problem for free out of warranty, like they did for mine and many others, then it is worth it. My 2007 model is working fine. As soon as it breaks, I'm getting something new... hopefully it holds out till 4K TVs come down to a reasonable price.
post #28848 of 28850 Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My father has this tv, and even had the power supply fixed a few years ago. It was probably capacitors, and he was unaware of the refund from Samsung.

Lately it has been flickering, as well as the red channel seems to have issues. Has anyone had something similar to the pics and video attached?

post #28849 of 28850 Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 AM

So after 6 years, my Samsung 5271 fell victim to the capacitor issue. Last week it started clicking on and off several times before it went on. Called Samsung and they quickly dispatched a tech to fix the problem for free. Tech came today and replaced all the capacitors and TV is back to normal. Pretty cool that Samsung is still taking care of the issue, even though I bought the TV back in January of 2008.
post #28850 of 28850 Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoman View Post

So after 6 years, my Samsung 5271 fell victim to the capacitor issue. Last week it started clicking on and off several times before it went on. Called Samsung and they quickly dispatched a tech to fix the problem for free. Tech came today and replaced all the capacitors and TV is back to normal. Pretty cool that Samsung is still taking care of the issue, even though I bought the TV back in January of 2008.
They realized this was a manufacture defect, since it pretty much affected the whole line of 71fs. I bought mine back in October 2007, and aside from the capacitor issue (since fixed), is still running strong. I hope this TV lasts long enough for me to buy a 4K when they come down to a reasonable price.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page