Official Samsung LNT-xx71f Owners Thread - Page 963 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #28861 of 28865 Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Still going ... strong (mostly)

Glad to see that this thread is still alive.
I purchased my 5271 new in late 2007 / early 2008. I (luckily) never have had the capacitor issue or (any other issue). I watch a lot of sports and the stutter has never appeared (I run 120 (high). Only recently have I started seeing some horizonal lines occassionally start to creep in at the bottom of the picture..I shut the tv down & turn it back on and all is OK.
I still have an electronic copy of the owners manual if anyone ever needs it .. I have posted a link too it a couple of times on this thread over the years.
I also have started paying more attention to new tv's given the age of mine. I can't say that I am up on the latest & greatest technology so I would also be intersted in any good info.
Over all having seen a lot of friends tv's from the era I purchased mine I would rate my satisfaction for picture quality & reliability at a 9 on a 1 - 10 scale.
Thanks for the post & looking forward to acquiring some current knowledge on the TV market!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28862 of 28865 Old 11-12-2016, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased my 4671 back in February 2008 and still going strong. Never had any problems. Got one of the good ones.

Last edited by Nutman; 11-12-2016 at 01:27 PM.
post #28863 of 28865 Old 11-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralcd View Post
Glad to see that this thread is still alive.
I purchased my 5271 new in late 2007 / early 2008. I (luckily) never have had the capacitor issue or (any other issue).
Over all having seen a lot of friends tv's from the era I purchased mine I would rate my satisfaction for picture quality & reliability at a 9 on a 1 - 10 scale.
Thanks for the post & looking forward to acquiring some current knowledge on the TV market!
Same here.
Over the years my old Samsung LNT4671 has been a workhorse!

It gets left on for days on end,
It has had its speakers blasted mercilessly during video gaming.
My kids (and now my grandkids) have messed with the menu setting blindly.
Ive only flashed (updated) the system once years ago, and never had an issue anyway.

All the controversial stuff about these units never happened... At least not to mine.
Good to see some activity on this old thread!
Regards,
-Ej-

I'm O.K., Your O.K.
(but the xx71F is flawed?)
post #28864 of 28865 Old Today, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, 9 years in and our LNT5571F is still working like a champ. Great picture quality, no issues.

It's been a great TV but it's time for a change. I have the itch for a UHD HDR TV, so we just bought a Sony XBR75X940D. It'll be delivered later this week. I don't know what I'll do with the 71F, don't expect that it's worth much these days. I'll probably put it in one of the guest bedrooms and let it enjoy some peace and quiet in its old age.
post #28865 of 28865 Old Today, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleton View Post
Well, 9 years in and our LNT5571F is still working like a champ. Great picture quality, no issues.

It's been a great TV but it's time for a change. I have the itch for a UHD HDR TV, so we just bought a Sony XBR75X940D. It'll be delivered later this week. I don't know what I'll do with the 71F, don't expect that it's worth much these days. I'll probably put it in one of the guest bedrooms and let it enjoy some peace and quiet in its old age.
You mean LNT5271F. It's funny you mention the 940D. I have had my 52 for 10 years and am getting some vertical sync hold issues. After spending a good part of the day on Thanksgiving researching I picked out the 940D. I haven't seen one in person so please post your thoughts on it and as it compares to the great picture on our LNTFs. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays