LG 37LC7D Power issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-25-2007, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought this television (LG 37LC7D) a few months ago and it was working fine. Picture is crystal clear, audio is low but that is not my issue.

The television just started to turn off on its own. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and nothing, no little red light, no green light, nothing....so after having it unplugged for quite a few hours, I plugged it in and low and behold it powered up. After anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 hours it would power off again. Of course all this occured after the 30 days you get to return it to the store you purchased it so I had to call on the store to repair it. They came out and the television was working fine (of course).

Needless to say, the technician was baffled aswell because he had never heard of this problem happening with these telvisions. In the end, he ordered a new power supply, and 3 weeks later, I am still sitting here waiting for the part (its on back order) to arrive so that they can come out and replace the part.

Sorry for ranting but has anyone else had this problem with this television?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM

One Best Buy employee said that they get returns from customers on their LG lcd purchases because it would turn on or off by itself and have various sound problems. Too bad, I really like the picture quality of the 42" 720p version. You're not the only one that has been having a "ghost in the machine" problem.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-25-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback Goalier95 I really appreciate it.

I reckon the only way to get these issues solved is to post on great forums like this so that we, as consumers can fight back. I hope to hear from more people who have this problem and I will post my outcome as it happens....btw, i plugged in my LCD telelvision and its been running just fine for 4 hours now..so ODD!!
post #4 of 5 Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 PM

You aren't the only one with the problem. I've got the same issue going with mine at the moment. It's been intermittent for the past few months, in that it would power down (the same as you describe, no standby red light, no green light means go), I would unplug it, leave it unplugged and plug it back in after I got home from work. Usually that seemed to fix the problem for a month, but lately, it's not been as effective in resolving the issue. As of today, I haven't been able to get it to power back up for 3 days. I'm about a day away from tearing it open myself to see if I can find anything obvious. I'll let you know if I find anything.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying to my thread and I am sorry that you are having the same issues.

I returned the set to the store after sitting and thinking to myself how I had paid good money for the TV and yet I sit here not being able to watch it, and luckily got it replaced since it was after the 30 day warranty. (Complaining helps). I stupidly got the same set again (what did I know? I thought it couldn't happen twice) and about 28 days later ( lol isn't that a film?) the TV powered itself off. I immediately packed it up in the box and took it to the store that I bought it from.

This time I replaced it with a Samsung LN-T4061F and I couldn't be happier. Yes this is a larger set (40) but I have had no issues whatsoever and the picture is crystal clear.

I wish you the best and think it best that you get it serviced instead of tearing it apart. It does come with a one year warranty. The service technician that came to look at my set was dumbfounded but he thought that it might have been a faulty power supply.

Good Luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page