Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2008, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Again what is the diff between dead pixel and stuck pixel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Dead pixel would be dark with no color apparent.
Stuck pixel may be red, green, or blue all the time. Stuck on sometimes at full brightness.

This is a very simplistic explanation. You might have better information on wikipedia. I leave the search to the reader.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:09 PM

To the guy who asked about the warranty, BUY IT! I got the one year manufacturer warranty, then the 3 year warranty for $198, and an additional 1 year for being a Plus member. Five years of hassle free, in your home servicing your 200lb TV that you dont have to haul to the repair shop, all for about $200 or 10 cents a day!! I had to haul my old projection in just for them to tell me its gonna cost $1200 to fix my $1500 two year old TV. BUY IT!!!

Just FYI ...Olevia wants $900 for the three year ext warranty.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 PM

awww man! i need help! my wife told me i could get this tv, so i went and bought it a few days ago. the tv is still in the box in our house (haven't had a chance to hang it yet), but after seeing the box, she wants me to take it back! =( this thing was a pain to bring home, and i'd hate to take it back, especially since i really want it!
she thinks it's gonna look too big in our living room. anyone have any words of wisdom you can bestow on me to help???
Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergibbons67 View Post

awww man! i need help! my wife told me i could get this tv, so i went and bought it a few days ago. the tv is still in the box in our house (haven't had a chance to hang it yet), but after seeing the box, she wants me to take it back! =( this thing was a pain to bring home, and i'd hate to take it back, especially since i really want it!
she thinks it's gonna look too big in our living room. anyone have any words of wisdom you can bestow on me to help???

tell her wait until its hung on the wall, and then if she hates it tell her she can take the f&(king thing down herself... and sit back and sip back a cold one....
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gla17624 View Post

what are everyone's opinions on the warranties? sam's offers an additional 1 year for about $60 or an additional 3 years for $200. i was going to use my american express card to get an automatic 1 year warranty from them, but sams club doesn't take amex. i already bought the tv, but i can go back within 30 days to add a warranty.

I went ahead and bought the extended warranty. The 3 year for $200 - my understanding is that it starts after the manufacturer warranty expires. For a total of 4. Then, I upgraded to a Plus membership at Sam's, which adds an extra year to the extended. For a total of five.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergibbons67 View Post

Older rear projection TV took up way more room and needed a $300 bulb and required replacement too often.
The Olevia is skinny/flat and does not take up much volume. Its reall sharp and clear too.
First take here out to dinner and shop for a nice heavy-duty stand.
If all this fails then pay her off. I usually give the wife a crisp hundred to end the rebellion
Old 03-26-2008, 04:01 PM

Ok! just got it on the wall!! Just for S***T and giggles I wanted to know EXACTLY how much this sucker weighed. This mother is heavy. I used a heavy duty scale and SURVEY SAYS!!!! TV WITH STAND 232lbs +/- 5 lbs TV without stand 191 lbs The base plate weighs 24lbs and the counterweight itself 17 lbs. so there you have it !!! I will try to get some pictures up ASAP!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
yeah get those pics up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what mount did you get
Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

also, how close to the wall were you able to mount it
Old 03-26-2008, 04:18 PM

Liked: 12
Where are the speakers on this set?

Pat
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM

I used the SC "LEVEL MOUNT" 99$ worked like a charm couldnt use the the cross bar as stated before its just to heavy. I had to use the LOW PROFILE method. Through some modification on my part I managed to get it across 3 studs! I was able to hang off this thing and I weigh a little more than the TV! The low profile looks great! From the floor to the bottom of the Tv is 30" center of set is 46" PERFECT! I just poped in Transformers HDDVD and I cant pull myself away! Also how do you post pic on this site? From the wall to the front of the set 9"

Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

you can do it a few ways, upload directly or use html code to embed from another photo site.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:56 PM

And here is what the base look like removed! All 40lbs of it!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

HOLY CRAP look at that stand !!!!!! it looks like it could be the wing spar on a 747 !!!

one question. what is the depth from the back of the tv to your wall.

thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

pssssst the left side of the tv looks slightly lower than the right
Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

just kidding
Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM

the total depth in 9"
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Has anyone been able to program the RC-LTU remote that comes with the Olevia 265t? The manual has programming instructions for a different remote than the RC-LTU that comes with it. I am trying to get my Dish on this remote.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM

I bought my 265 51 days ago at SC, and went in for a price adjustment today. I was initially rebuffed by the customer service person with the "30 days is the standard price match period". I calmly explained that if I did not get the price redux, then I would be bringing it back on Saturday, they would have to deal with lost margin on the set, and they would have one very unhappy customer that would probably be cancelling his membership. I was very calm, cool and collected, did not get mad or raise my voice. After getting 2 different senior managers, they overrode the 30 day policy and refunded my $533 in about 2 minutes of time. Very cool. I walked back in the store and bought 4 very sharp barstools, 3 cases of beer, and a bottle of wine that all totaled $525. Funny how things sometimes work out.

In regard to the question on the SC warranty, I would strongly suggest buying it, as with the SC Pro upgrade, you are getting 5 years of coverage. It might also payoff handsomely if the company were to fold in the future and parts/service became scarce. Its pretty cheap insurance imo. Like the previous poster noted, they come to your house to fix it!!!!

In regard to the poster with the wife who is freaked out by the box size, tell her to not worry. The box is freaking HUGE, and my wife was concerned as well when she saw the box. But once on the wall, it seriously gets smaller by the day. Its a great looking unit, even with the power off, as the all black bezel is classy and sharp. My wife is not one to be impressed by anything electronic, but you should see her marching her friends down the stairs to see The Beast. She loves its, as do I, and the kids.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleshock View Post

I bought my 265 51 days ago at SC, and went in for a price adjustment today. I was initially rebuffed by the customer service person with the "30 days is the standard price match period". I calmly explained that if I did not get the price redux, then I would be bringing it back on Saturday, they would have to deal with lost margin on the set, and they would have one very unhappy customer that would probably be cancelling his membership. I was very calm, cool and collected, did not get mad or raise my voice. After getting 2 different senior managers, they overrode the 30 day policy and refunded my $533 in about 2 minutes of time. Very cool. I walked back in the store and bought 4 very sharp barstools, 3 cases of beer, and a bottle of wine that all totaled $525. Funny how things sometimes work out.

In regard to the question on the SC warranty, I would strongly suggest buying it, as with the SC Pro upgrade, you are getting 5 years of coverage. It might also payoff handsomely if the company were to fold in the future and parts/service became scarce. Its pretty cheap insurance imo. Like the previous poster noted, they come to your house to fix it!!!!

In regard to the poster with the wife who is freaked out by the box size, tell her to not worry. The box is freaking HUGE, and my wife was concerned as well when she saw the box. But once on the wall, it seriously gets smaller by the day. Its a great looking unit, even with the power off, as the all black bezel is classy and sharp. My wife is not one to be impressed by anything electronic, but you should see her marching her friends down the stairs to see The Beast. She loves its, as do I, and the kids.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 AM

Old 03-27-2008, 07:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp116 View Post

And here is what the base look like removed! All 40lbs of it!

Nail that sucker to the wall and use it to do push-ups, prison style:

Old 03-27-2008, 09:15 AM

My husband just left for SC to get one....now lets hope they have one in stock.

Pat
Old 03-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Hope he took some help and a big truck! when me and my brother went to get mine of course it took us 30 min to find someone to help us, then he dissapeared for another 30 min and came back with two of the smallest girls in the store to help get it down! LOL Like many of the previous post befor make sure you bring the entire box to the point your setting it up at makes things much easier. The box is also well constructed and is easy to get open. I actually saved mine it will come in really handy when I move.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM

SC had it and he got it home and temporarily hooked up. He'll mount it when he has a few strong men to help him.
So for now, it's in the stand he made for the 61" we've had.

Next question.....what settings have most of you found that gives a decent picture?
From what I can see so far, the picture is nice and sharp, but the colors are way off. Flesh tones right now look green. He's just starting to play with it but I figured I'd ask if maybe someone has some starting points to work off of.

Pat
Old 03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

wow now that's a heck of a wife.

I am picking mine up tomorrow !!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI this tv is being officially discontinued out of their system. Not sure if it will be replaced with the new model but it means they are going to get scarce probably pretty fast. I placed an order for mine on monday and most of the clubs in my area had them. Now only one has the set and its the one I ordered so if you are thinking you may not want to wait. Only good news is they may drop in price even more. You may also be able to negotiate for a cheap display model
Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM

The cable box my husband has does not have HDMI...so he hooked it up component.
Once he powered up the set, the picture was crisp, but not accuarate. Greenish tones.
He's been playing around with it for a little bit now, but still hasn't been able to find anything acceptable.
He has the Yankee Pre-Season game on YES on....and he can't get the grass to look green without the faces also being green.

I went in and turned on my Sammy to see what the picture really should look like, and I see the beautiful green grass and the brown infield. He hasn't been able to get that showing yet with this new set.
If he turns the tint lower, he can get a nice flesh tone face....but the rest of the picture doesn't have the color it should.

I honestly have no idea if he's keeping it in 6500 or natural...or what lighting settings he's using. That's why I wish someone could give a starting reference point...just to get him going in the right direction.
I believe he's played with every setting so far....and he's lost.

Pat
Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

first off get a cable box with HDMI

Unplug the set for 5 minutes and turn it back on. See if there is a reset to factory setting. Abnormal colors is usually a bad connection somewhere so recheck your cables.

Ask him how many of these sets they had when he picked it up????

Tags
Olevia , Lcd Hdtv , Sharp , Vizio