Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1651 of 1762 Old 03-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Edit: I didn't know these units were factory calibrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1762 Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM
DNW

Liked: 10
I bought my set from Woot in September 2008 for $2,300, and have really enjoyed it. I watch a lot of television, mostly network shows.

Picture quality in bright scenes is excellent, as good or better than much higher priced sets. That's great for sports, which is generally quite bright and colorful. However, in dark scenes (there are plenty of those on my favorite show, the just-cancelled "24"), the picture can get pretty grainy.

I was just wondering what, if anything, I can do to improve PQ in dark scenes. I am running everything at the default settings straight out of the box.

Thanks for any suggestions.
post #1653 of 1762 Old 03-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Some dark or night time shots are a problem for the camera taking the shot, blacks are very good with the right source, like the out of bounds in the NCAA tournament. Most likely what your talking about is source related if its grainy. I'm lucky in that I get to sit right in front of my TV so I have perfect viewing angle but more than 45% off angle from strait on and the picture degrades fast.
post #1654 of 1762 Old 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM

these sets are supposed to be factory calibrated from olevia , at least the 7 47I is . I would not trade my set for anything , the hqv chip kicks ass . For better blacks you could turn down the backlight in the advanced menu , but not too much , the details is the thing , not how black .
post #1655 of 1762 Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

I did want to point out that in the service menu under HQV if you unchecked CUE and ICP it makes this TV's image even sharper, it's very noticeable and it the sharpest image I've ever seen. Put in you favorite blu-ray seen watch it then uncheck those two and watch it again.
jetfxr27 likes this.
post #1656 of 1762 Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Liked: 12
installed mainboard and lcd controller and still have a black screen. i swapped the power supply and it didn't make a difference. i ordered another mainboard and lcd controller since i had to buy used ones. they looked good but you can never tell with electronics. if this don't work i'm gonna change the inverters.
as far as GAMING goes i had NO LAG at all on my 360. GOD i miss playing madden on a 65 inch screen. i've got all the rockband and guitar hero games and i never even had to calibrate my guitar. speaking of gaming if anybody's on xbox live hit me up at tbonenga.
post #1657 of 1762 Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonenga View Post

installed mainboard and lcd controller and still have a black screen. i swapped the power supply and it didn't make a difference. i ordered another mainboard and lcd controller since i had to buy used ones. they looked good but you can never tell with electronics. if this don't work i'm gonna change the inverters.
as far as GAMING goes i had NO LAG at all on my 360. GOD i miss playing madden on a 65 inch screen. i've got all the rockband and guitar hero games and i never even had to calibrate my guitar. speaking of gaming if anybody's on xbox live hit me up at tbonenga.

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. At least, since you were reimbursed by the Sam's Club warranty program you are ahead of the game if you can get it to work again!

I may be getting ready to file a warranty claim with Sam's Club also, and I was wondering how your experience with that was. The only problem with my set is HDMI #1 will no longer accept Audio. It is not a huge deal, but it is a PITA. I am planning to remove the mainboard cover and try the reset button before I file a claim. Questions about your claim:

1. Did they have your set looked at by their people?
2. Did they require a copy of the Olevia warranty?
3. Did they require you to file a form?
4. Any tips???
post #1658 of 1762 Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Don't know if anyone is still interested. I have had the RS232 hex codes for this unit for a while from Olevia and just got around to giving it to Harmony. What I was looking for discrete on & off codes which the Olevia does have since my receiver responds to the 265 power toggle. They will try to put them in by early next week.

This will hopefully resolve the power toggle issue that i have between my 265 and my Jamo receiver.

Olevia_265_RS232_SOI.pdf 13.125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Olevia_265_RS232_SOI.pdf (13.1 KB, 4 views)
post #1659 of 1762 Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM

all you do is call the number on the warranty paper you got from sams and give them a code off your sams club receipt. they will have a tv company come look at your set. they will tell you there gonna order a mainboard and a t-con board. in about 3 weeks they will tell you the parts are unavailable and they'll mail you a check for the price you paid on your receipt. ( i went back later and got about 500 bucks back from sams so i came out way a head) you will get your check in about a week later and keep your tv.
post #1660 of 1762 Old 05-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Hello, I have read through some of this thread trying to find out if anyone has had the problem I just started having. It seems like the my 65 inch Olevia has frozen up. It started about 3 weeks ago, I was watching tv and the screen just froze, like if I had paused what I was watching. I disconnected all the inputs and the screen just stayed with the image that was on when it froze. Turned it off, and after the white Olevia screen it just froze on the black screen. I left it unplugged for most of the day and it started working again. Well it did it again and not will not work, it just freezes and you can't do anything, no scrolling through inputs or anything. I did see people replacing mainboards and stuff, I am assuming that would be something that needs to be done, but are the parts available?
I have a warranty with Squaretrade, but they said I need to package up this monster, which I don't have the original box anymore as it was WAY to big to keep. Any ideas on packaging this thing, had anyone had to deal with squaretrade in regards to this unit?
Any info or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
post #1661 of 1762 Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efiguero View Post

Hello, I have read through some of this thread trying to find out if anyone has had the problem I just started having. It seems like the my 65 inch Olevia has frozen up. It started about 3 weeks ago, I was watching tv and the screen just froze, like if I had paused what I was watching. I disconnected all the inputs and the screen just stayed with the image that was on when it froze. Turned it off, and after the white Olevia screen it just froze on the black screen. I left it unplugged for most of the day and it started working again. Well it did it again and not will not work, it just freezes and you can't do anything, no scrolling through inputs or anything. I did see people replacing mainboards and stuff, I am assuming that would be something that needs to be done, but are the parts available?
I have a warranty with Squaretrade, but they said I need to package up this monster, which I don't have the original box anymore as it was WAY to big to keep. Any ideas on packaging this thing, had anyone had to deal with squaretrade in regards to this unit?
Any info or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks

That's exactly what mine did before it crapped out. The image froze on the screen....a power cycle fixed it for a day....then just a black screen. I replaced the mainboard on mine and it fixed it. No telling for sure but that is where I would start. You can read previous posts on where to get one...or you can send yours in for repair. Look at post # 1578.
post #1662 of 1762 Old 06-08-2010, 02:53 PM

I bought mine at Woot and finally got around to installing it. Two months later the screen started freezing and now it's dead. Sounds like the same thing everyone else is experiencing.

I sent my motherboard into moduslinkpts for repair, and they returned it saying they could not get the part in U52, and they do not have boards they can sell me.

I then found the board SC0-P705201-000 for sale a partstore dot com, and they kept telling me they would send a board in 4-6 days, and that's been a month now (I've received 4 updates from them!!!!????). I called them and have no confidence that they have any idea how to get the part or what the status is. They still list it on their website as for sale (with a lower price than what I paid even!), and say it'll ship in 6-8 days.

So I am stuck. I have a brand new, dead unit that needs a new motherboard part number SC0-P705201-000 and can't figure out how to get a replacement or have this one repaired. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!
post #1663 of 1762 Old 06-11-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon20000 View Post

I bought mine at Woot and finally got around to installing it. Two months later the screen started freezing and now it's dead. Sounds like the same thing everyone else is experiencing.

I sent my motherboard into moduslinkpts for repair, and they returned it saying they could not get the part in U52, and they do not have boards they can sell me.

I then found the board SC0-P705201-000 for sale a partstore dot com, and they kept telling me they would send a board in 4-6 days, and that's been a month now (I've received 4 updates from them!!!!????). I called them and have no confidence that they have any idea how to get the part or what the status is. They still list it on their website as for sale (with a lower price than what I paid even!), and say it'll ship in 6-8 days.

So I am stuck. I have a brand new, dead unit that needs a new motherboard part number SC0-P705201-000 and can't figure out how to get a replacement or have this one repaired. Any ideas?

This might help, I also bought my Olevia 65 inch LCD from woot, but also purchased the warranty service through Squaretrade when I bought the TV. Anyhow, back in April, the screen started to freeze up so I called in my Claim. Squaretrade said their is only one place that repairs these (According to them) and it is in California. They set up a freight company to come to my home and pick it up, I had to box it up and have it ready they would not take the TV down from the wall or box it, just pick it up. That was a pain since this thing is crazy heavy and I did not have the original box (Who really has that much free space to story that mammoth of a box?). Anyways, they picked up the TV and it has been there for about 2 weeks, the repair company said the main board went out and they have the part and are waiting for Squaretrade to authorize payment for the repair. They mentioned that the remaining balance was around $1000 which includes the shipping cost back to me, so not sure what Squaretrade has already paid them. Anyhow, you might try calling this repair company to see if you can get the part from them. Anyone else needing repairs can also call them. Anyone that has this TV and has a Squaretrade warranty and needs to get it repaired now you know what you might go through. They will set up a shipping company to get the tv, then you have to wait around for them to deal with the third party repair company. So far it has been almost 3 weeks since they picked up the TV, finally got the quote yesterday, now waiting on approval, then the repair, then shipping back. So probably over a month of downtime. Sucks not having a TV!
Here is the info for the repair company:
Amergance technology
jetfxr27 likes this.
post #1664 of 1762 Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 AM

Still no TV, Squaretrade has apologized for the length of time this is taking, but assured me that they would make sure they speed up the process with the third party repair company. According to them it never takes this long, even with Olevia TVs. So we shall see, they did refund me the cost of the warranty.
post #1665 of 1762 Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon20000 View Post

What is part U52 that moduslinkpts said they couldn't get? I kept my non-working mainboard but I have no idea what part is needed to fix it. Maybe they could use 2 bad boards to make 1 good board depending on what is fried.....

Mark
post #1666 of 1762 Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 AM

well i still have my box ( i have a 3,000 sft garage )and all the paper work. the only problem would be shipping it from GA to CA the freight alone would kill me. i've done tried 2 different mainboards and 2 different t-con / LCD controller boards. i also swithced my power converters around since they have the same part #. the next step would be the 6 inverters that go around the tv. i think thats the only thing left that it could be. if anybody has had there screen go black but can still here the sound what fixed it for you ? if anybody ever replaced any of the inverters what was your symptom?
THANKS
post #1667 of 1762 Old 07-06-2010, 01:10 PM

My tv turns on but after about 2 sec the backlight turns off . The green power light stays on and I think I have a picture. I changed inverter 1 with no change before I found this site. After reading through the thread I was thinking it was my main board but after your last post I'm no so sure. If you change out you inverters post the results so I can figure out what to do next. Much thanks.
lostndaburg likes this.
post #1668 of 1762 Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 PM

I finally got my TV back on June 29th, and it seems to be working fine. The repair company shipped it back in it's original box, so now I have an original box. So if I need to send it off again I won't have to make one like I did this time around. No Idea what the total cost was since Squaretrade paid for it all. I know it was at least $1000, can't imagine what the shipping cost was for this monster. So all in all the process was a bit of a pain and took a while, but in the end I seem to have a working TV. So again for anyone wondering what the process would be for this TV using squaretrade, there you go.
post #1669 of 1762 Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 AM

Does anyone know of a site that I can post Firmware updates for all to share? I have updates for Olevia 265T FHD also Olevia 247T FHD also Olevia 747i .
post #1670 of 1762 Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 PM

megaupload.com
rapidshare.com
google documents
post #1671 of 1762 Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

Does anyone know of a site that I can post Firmware updates for all to share? I have updates for Olevia 265T FHD also Olevia 247T FHD also Olevia 747i .

Updates as in when? the last firmware from a few years back or something new. either way thanks for posting it
post #1672 of 1762 Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Here is a link to download the last version of the firmware from the defunct olevia.com website. When installed, the firmware version screen from my set shows (Menu, Setup, Firmware Version)
265TFHD_V63.7.7A17
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JG0T43WS

I believe this will be available for at least 21 days. So, if you want this file, act now. When they're gone, they're gone .
post #1673 of 1762 Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 PM

A month ago my 65" died. Well, it didn't really die, but had a red tint in the picture that I could not adjust out. The tint was new and resulted in a halo around dark images.

I had bought it from Woot and purchased an extended warranty thru Square Trade. After 3 weeks of promises, Square Trade gave up and refunded me my $2300.00.

This last weekend I went out and bought a Panasonic 65" Plasma TV (Panasonic Viera TC-P65S2) from a local store. I paid $1850.00 for it. Since I was spending Square Trade's money I opted for a local store and the 9.75% sales tax here in Los Angeles.

As for my old Olevia (which lasted two years), it was sent to Amergence Technology in City of Industry, CA. I will contact them to see what they did with my old tv. I'll let everyone know what they are doing with the parts in case any one has needs for them.

Best wishes to all.
post #1674 of 1762 Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 PM

I am putting pictures of the surgery on my profile hopefully.

Taking it out once the new one comes in. Only the left side panel must be removed to replace the mainboard. Hopefully this is the only thing that has to be done to bring it back to life. The fuse issue that I seem mentioned I will deal with if this does not live with a new heart.

I actually ordered this $280+ part including shipping from Best Buy parts because I figured it would be easier to return if something during this fiasco.

[url]

Looks like they are going to strip the link because I am new, but its on the best buy parts website. Just type the part number into their search. For that matter, Google it! I found dozens of people that had it listed, all of those that used to have it (for a heck of a lot less too!), and some that still do.

Have things slowed down or are people getting successful with this surgery???

How many of you out there are getting a living TV out of this, will you please let us all know?!?

Thanks~!
post #1675 of 1762 Old 10-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Mark,

I see where you were so active over the months, and your TV came back to life and all. So I have now purchased a mainboard too.

But I see now that you might need another? What did I miss here. I just purchased a mainboard from Best Buy. They have them in stock. I am going to let everyone know what happens as I go through the process.

Are you still without the mainboard? Is your set still dead? I see its been several months since you posted now.

I have to tell you that it was you that helped a lot of us get up and active about doing all this. Thanks for giving me some hope anyway Mark!

Dave
post #1676 of 1762 Old 10-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Hello to everyone and thank you for all your helpful posts.
I had my 65" 265fhd T11 since February 2008 I loved my TV but finally the day came there was this laud bang and screen just went black. I turn it back on but only Olevia logo showed up for 2 seconds with left side dimmed and screen just went black
at this point I do not know what to do just replace the main board would make most sense and minimum investment. If anyone experience same situation with your set I would appreciate any input. Thank you.
post #1677 of 1762 Old 10-20-2010, 06:16 PM

severynusa
mine did the same thing. i tried a new main board and a lot of other things to no avail. i'm actually driving to Florida ( 5 hours/ 10 round trip ) Thursday to get a broke one for 200 bucks. the guy told me it's in mint condition but the picture is snowy (like a no cable signal). Hopefully i can give you a answer for my problem by Friday. I will say the only thing i didn't change was any of the 6 inverters that go around the edge.
post #1678 of 1762 Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks for quick reply. So I guess replacing main board will not fix the problem on my tv. Is your tv power up? Olevia bright screen shows up for few seconds and than disappears every time?
What parts are you going to change from the TV you are buying?
Good luck and have a good trip.
AL
post #1679 of 1762 Old 10-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Great day. I bought a broke Olevia 65 for 200 bucks (it was a 10 hour trip) came home and put my extra mainboard in and it was up and running like a champ. I then started swapping the inverters back and forth until i found my bad one on my original ( #2 top one ) tv. So now i gotta buy a new #2 inverter and i'll have 2 65's up and running. What a great day.......
lostndaburg likes this.
post #1680 of 1762 Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM

my 65 inch olevia powers on, shows the blue olevia screen, then goes away. I can hear the sound, but no picture (you can actually barely see the picture if you stand right next to the tv). Has anyone fixed this problem by replacing an inverter? also, where would I buy an inverter?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Olevia , Lcd Hdtv , Sharp , Vizio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page