Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 01-31-2015, 12:02 PM
DNW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am selling my set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olevia-65-03...-/161581636754?

Worked great, no issues, selling 'as is' good for use or parts. Set is at zip code 10504
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2015, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongarmofthelw View Post
My Woot Olevia 65 inch LCD just finally stopped working. I had to replace the video board 3 times over the years to keep it going but now it is a different issue so I am finally putting it to rest. Last time I was lucky enough to find a place selling the video boards I purchased 2. One I used. and the 2nd one is still new in the box. Anyone interested in purchasing it please email me. I paid approx. $200 for it. Thanks
I may be interested in your video board. How much do you want for it?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:46 PM

Liked: 11
My set has developed a large dark spot in the center of the screen. Any ideas at what it could be? I'm not in a position to buy a replacement at this time and the spot is very distracting. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2015, 05:18 AM

Liked: 0
Greetings. I hope that someone in this 60 page thread can help me. I was one of the crazies who took the plunge with woot in 2007(?) and bought the 265TFHD. I have been immensely impressed with the set ever since then. But now, I'm having problems. What happened:
  • hooked up via HDMI through Pioneer Elite receiver to Xfinity DVR
  • screen started to freeze every now and then. Thought it was the DVR, but noticed that the sound keep on going. When I turned the TV off and then back on, it would work correctly again.
  • freezing became more common......like three times per hour
  • now, if it has been sitting for a while, it will work......then within fifteen minutes or so, I will get noise on the screen. Once in a while the startup Olevia screen would start up horizontally split and or noisy
I'm sure you guys have experience something similar, as I have read in this thread. Can someone please give me advise as what to look at first? I am handy with electronics, soldering, replacing components, and such.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150823_132433_resized.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	918250   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150823_132823_resized.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	918258   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150823_132342_resized.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	918266  
Old 09-01-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongarmofthelw View Post
My Woot Olevia 65 inch LCD just finally stopped working. I had to replace the video board 3 times over the years to keep it going but now it is a different issue so I am finally putting it to rest. Last time I was lucky enough to find a place selling the video boards I purchased 2. One I used. and the 2nd one is still new in the box. Anyone interested in purchasing it please email me. I paid approx. $200 for it. Thanks
Do you still have the board? Tried to PM you, but seems I'm too NOOB.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motu42 View Post
Greetings. I hope that someone in this 60 page thread can help me. I was one of the crazies who took the plunge with woot in 2007(?) and bought the 265TFHD. I have been immensely impressed with the set ever since then. But now, I'm having problems. What happened:
  • screen started to freeze every now and then. Thought it was the DVR, but noticed that the sound keep on going. When I turned the TV off and then back on, it would work correctly again.
  • now, if it has been sitting for a while, it will work......then within fifteen minutes or so, I will get noise on the screen. Once in a while the startup Olevia screen would start up horizontally split and or noisy
I'm sure you guys have experience something similar, as I have read in this thread. Can someone please give me advise as what to look at first? I am handy with electronics, soldering, replacing components, and such.

Thanks!

Just to mention: the Pioneer receiver/Xfinity/DVR setup has been that way for years. Nothing new in the connections or equipment.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motu42 View Post

Thanks!
If anyone has seen this before, and can steer me in he right direction, please? Does this look like a failure of the T-Con control board part number CPWBY3586TPZ? Last night I tried it, and it worked fine for hours. The thing weighs 208 pounds, so pulling it down to look for bulged caps is more than a little poking around. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
does anyone have a spare HDMI board for this set? we had a thunder storm and now one of the HDMI inputs doesn't work..

let me know...

hit me up at m80@nc.rr.com

thanks
Old 11-04-2015, 06:08 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
does anyone have a spare HDMI board for this set? we had a thunder storm and now one of the HDMI inputs doesn't work..

let me know...

hit me up at m80@nc.rr.com

thanks

It would be a whole lot easier and cheaper to buy an HDMI Switch (assuming you still have one working HDMI input)!

OBTW there is no HDMI Board, all the signal inputs go directly to the main board...

Last edited by hdtv4xmas; 11-04-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:31 PM

Welp, mine kicked the bucket today. Get the banner screen at startup, then nothing. Are these even worth repairing?
Old 12-23-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper75 View Post
Welp, mine kicked the bucket today. Get the banner screen at startup, then nothing. Are these even worth repairing?
Mine has been doing this for at least 2 years - here's what I do - when it turns on and you get the banner and then nothing, reach around the back and turn off the power at the switch by where you plug it in (don't turn the TV off first). Wait about 5 minutes. Make sure you have all your sources, receiver, etc. turned off (don't be sending any signal to the TV). Flip the switch on, wait about 5 seconds, press the power button on the front...it'll turn on, banner, then you should get "No Signal" and you can then turn on your receiver/sources and life is good. It's a little bit of a hassle, but frankly, no big deal to me - I hope you're as lucky as I am, mine works like this 95% of the time (with the other 5% of the time, it actually turns on and says "No Signal" right from the start)...

Would be really curious to know if this works for you (even if it doesn't). Cheers!
hdtv4xmas and hopper75 like this.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyid View Post
Mine has been doing this for at least 2 years - here's what I do - when it turns on and you get the banner and then nothing, reach around the back and turn off the power at the switch by where you plug it in (don't turn the TV off first). Wait about 5 minutes. Make sure you have all your sources, receiver, etc. turned off (don't be sending any signal to the TV). Flip the switch on, wait about 5 seconds, press the power button on the front...it'll turn on, banner, then you should get "No Signal" and you can then turn on your receiver/sources and life is good. It's a little bit of a hassle, but frankly, no big deal to me - I hope you're as lucky as I am, mine works like this 95% of the time (with the other 5% of the time, it actually turns on and says "No Signal" right from the start)...

Would be really curious to know if this works for you (even if it doesn't). Cheers!
I'll give that a shot later today, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2015, 10:05 AM

If you haven't done so, you might try to reload the firmware. It might help
Old 12-24-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post
If you haven't done so, you might try to reload the firmware. It might help
I'd be very interested in both a link to the firmware that works, and instructions on how to do this...without that, I'm just doing the "dance" that I described above with turning off at the power switch on the back, waiting, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Olevia , Lcd Hdtv , Sharp , Vizio