LC46D64U power and OPC light blinking - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-14-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered the Sharp Aquos LC46D64U a month ago. It arrived yesterday. I did connect all video/audio cable, and powered it up the first time. The initial setup screen show for a second, then the LCD shut down. The green light of both power and OPC indicator light keeps flashing and will not go off. I have unplugged it several times, waited for 25 minutes to as long as over night, but once I plug it back in, both little green light will not stop blinking. I can not believe that I paid $1400 for this HDTV, wait for exactly 1 month for it delivery. Now all I can watch is 2 blinking green light?

Does Sharp have any firmware or diag software that we can connect to serial port to run a test on this piece of junk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-14-2007, 04:49 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=LC46D64

Here is shortcut to a LC46D64U thread from a search by model #.
Maybe someone else has same prob.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv99 View Post

I ordered the Sharp Aquos LC46D64U a month ago. It arrived yesterday. I did connect all video/audio cable, and powered it up the first time. The initial setup screen show for a second, then the LCD shut down. The green light of both power and OPC indicator light keeps flashing and will not go off. I have unplugged it several times, waited for 25 minutes to as long as over night, but once I plug it back in, both little green light will not stop blinking. I can not believe that I paid $1400 for this HDTV, wait for exactly 1 month for it delivery. Now all I can watch is 2 blinking green light?

Does Sharp have any firmware or diag software that we can connect to serial port to run a test on this piece of junk?

My husband and I are having this same problem. Can you tell me what happened with your set? We are waiting till the am to call Sharp.

Thanks.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 AM

Unfortunately, I had the same issue after I did the firmware update. I called Sharp and they told me it had to serviced. The technician came and told me he couldn't even get the picture to come up so he could go into the service menu......alas, bad video board or something. My needs to be replaced.....sorry.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-19-2014, 12:10 AM

Liked: 0
hie everybody
I have a shrp aquos lc46d64u which just crapped out on me I've been doing some research online but have not come to a conclusive answer, I'm stuck between power supply or main board being the problem. Here is whats happening

No picture when i plug tv in i can hear one click then it goes quiet then after about 15 secs
there is a sequence of clicks sort of lie something clicks on then off all this with a solid green power light on
the double clicking is heard three times before a single click then the power light and opc light start flashing
power and op flash simultaneously once then the power light flashes two more times after that.
Mean while inside the tv the clicking sound seems like it coming from the power supply and there is a red flashing light from the board just to the left of the power supply this red light stops flashing when the power and opc start flashing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays