Sharp LC-46D64U Input Problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up a Sharp LC-46D64U and notice that sometimes when I switch the input to my DVD there is no signal detected. And same switching back to Cablebox (sometimes). Seems to happen more often when I switch to the DVD.

This is the setup.

Denon AVR-887 receiver
Denon DVD-557 upconvert
SA3250HD stb
Sharp LC-46D64U lcd

DVD -->-- HDMI -->-- receiver -->-- HDMI -->-- TV
STB -->-- component -->-- TV

There is just no input sometimes. Seems that it takes some time for it to warm up. I try turning off receiver, dvd, tv, etc....nothing, but after time it just kicks in. I have HDMI audio with the DVD while the picture is black.

I'm thinking it may be an issue with HDMI 1.3? But then again, why would that interfere with the STB connected with Components?

Any help appreciated, sorry if this sounds dumb, haven't been on the forum in a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 AM
adb
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Try component just to see if it is the HDMI then you'll know.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM

I'm having a similar problem. My set won't detect the Wii over component but works fine over S-Video. I'm also having problems with my HTPC over DVI->HDMI. In both cases I can hear audio but see no picture.

I think the PC (Powerbook) problems might be because it's a laptop but I do get the incompatible display message when the mac wakes. We'll know soon enough on that one because I'm picking up a mac mini this week.

I'm pretty sure the sources/cables aren't the issue since they will display picture correctly if I do a factory reset or some odd combination of turning things on and off.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM

My Wii connection with component is working fine. No lost signal on my PS3 and Motolora HD cable box. But I do lost signal on my HTPC (DVI->HDMI)each time when I change input. I update the new firmwire and no go. I need to unplug and plug the HDMI cable.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM

I've also updated the firmware and it didn't seem to make a difference. On the plus side, Sharp's customer care is awesome and they'll be sending someone out to take a look.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 AM

I also have a htpc set up. I connected vga and dvi to hdmi. After quite a bit of tweaking, I can get 1080p through the hdmi cable. The process takes a few minutes but it can be done.

However, if i change input, to my cable box for example, or if I turn off the tv, I have to go to my vga connection and set it up again. It is not convenient at all. I have it set up in the mode of dot by dot.

Is there something I am missing, or is this the nature of the beast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
post #7 of 8 Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM

i have found a workaround solution. I have to change the resolution to 1080i (30hz) and then i can change to the cable box or turn off the tv without getting wonky signal messages.

i called sharp and the tech figured that the tv didn't change well from 1080p on my computer to 1080i on the cable box. To be sure, he recommended changing from htpc to a blu-ray dvd, which i don't have. He suggested I take it into the shop to test it out...

I guess this workaround will have to do for now.

Does anyone else have this problem of losing signal after changing from 1080p to something that is not 1080p? or does your tv consistently change back to 1080p. I would like to know if it is a design flaw or if i have a faulty unit,

thanks for any input you can offer!
post #8 of 8 Old 12-08-2007, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm losing the signal just trying to switch to an upscaling DVD player. Its odd, after about 10 minutes of turning receiver off, then dvd, and troubleshooting, it seems to just kick in when the TV wants to. I still get this problem.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page