someone give me the lo-down on the Dynex LCD's. - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 198 Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have now had mine for over a year and a half, and I still love this TV. Picture is still super sharp on my DirecTV HD box at 720p. This TV is in my master bedroom, and we usually are about 4-6' away from the screen and this 32" Dynex is perfect for this room.

I do have a question though that has never been answered: What VESA mount does this thing have? I want to get a mount, but I would like to get the least expensive mount that fits. I don't want to have to get a 32"-55" mount if a smaller one will work.

"Sometimes lies are more dependable than the truth" -Ender Wiggin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 198 Old 05-23-2009, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7 View Post

I have now had mine for over a year and a half, and I still love this TV. Picture is still super sharp on my DirecTV HD box at 720p. This TV is in my master bedroom, and we usually are about 4-6' away from the screen and this 32" Dynex is perfect for this room.

I do have a question though that has never been answered: What VESA mount does this thing have? I want to get a mount, but I would like to get the least expensive mount that fits. I don't want to have to get a 32"-55" mount if a smaller one will work.

I have the monoprice mount that fits up to 37" tvs. Its the perfect size for this set costs less than $20.
post #183 of 198 Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Best Buy has the Dynex 32" DX-L32-10A on for $379. Listed as 720p. Is this a fair deal?

I want it for Xbox 360 and decent HD viewing. I will be sitting approx 6-7 feet away.
post #184 of 198 Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Aren't Dynex "best buy owned" lcd tvs? haven't really seen one in display but I do like the Insignia 1080ps. Thought it was a lot better than Vizios.
post #185 of 198 Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboTX View Post

Best Buy has the Dynex 32" DX-L32-10A on for $379. Listed as 720p. Is this a fair deal?

I want it for Xbox 360 and decent HD viewing. I will be sitting approx 6-7 feet away.

You just missed the weekend sale. They were 299.

A man meets a genie. The genie tells him he can ask for whatever he wants, but his mother-in-law gets double of what he gets. The man says give me a million dollars and beat me till I'm half dead.
post #186 of 198 Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 AM

I just bought this TV and have a serious problem that others seem to have as well. I cannot manually add TV channels, and the automatic scanner will not complete. It will end at around 75% of its progress bar and just reset the TV. I'm missing out on about 1/2 my digital cable channels because this TV won't recognize channels above 83!
post #187 of 198 Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blommer View Post

I just bought this TV and have a serious problem that others seem to have as well. I cannot manually add TV channels, and the automatic scanner will not complete. It will end at around 75% of its progress bar and just reset the TV. I'm missing out on about 1/2 my digital cable channels because this TV won't recognize channels above 83!

Of all the lower end budget tvs out there, you decide to pick the Dynex?! that's what you get.
post #188 of 198 Old 06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyefan View Post

You just missed the weekend sale. They were 299.

I, too, saw this deal and jumped at the TV. It is very nice so far but do you know if this set has a built in QAM tuner? There is no indication in the manual. I just have it set up with cable going into a vcr and out into the set and when I auto programmed it. I have four or five HD local channels showing up. Also, I heard that there is no such thing as a 720 LCD, that they are all 768. Just thought I would ask. thanks.

post #189 of 198 Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
After checking around, I guess this tv does have a QAM tuner. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good antenna for over the air HD channels. thanks again.

post #190 of 198 Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfranny81 View Post

Of all the lower end budget tvs out there, you decide to pick the Dynex?! that's what you get.

Thanks for purposely finding the Dynex thread just to insult a newbie!
post #191 of 198 Old 08-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Hi guys, newbie here.

Got a question regarding this Dynex 19" LCD TV that I bought to be used as both TV and PC Monitor. I got a P4, Win XP Pro with 1.5G of RAM so I don't think the bug I have is coming from the hardware side of it.

The problem I have is when I remove my old 17 CTR screen and hook up this Dynex LCD TV to my PC, I still see a black screen. In the TV Menu, the VGA option is greyed out and according to the manual, that option will be greyed out until a VGA source has been plugged into the TV. Now this tells me that 2 recognition must be made here, 1 by Win XP to recognize a new LCD screen and 1 by the LCD TV to recognize that a VGA source has been plugged in and that could explain why a guy on another forum changed the drivers and finally made it to work. There is USB service port but don't know how to upload this new driver into the TV even if I find it.

My 1st idea would be to hook it to another PC that has Win XP Pro to see if the bug is coming from my PC. Is there a specific way to do this? Like turning on the TV first or the PC first or to start it in Safe Mode of something?

I went to the Dynex website but they have drivers for keyboards, mouse, modems, etc but not for their TV.

Anyway just thought of dropping you a line to see what pros can tell me on this.

Thanks

Richard
post #192 of 198 Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM

I have the Dynex 37 inch LCD panel, And I seen that someone said there is only 1 of each HDMI ans av, and so forth, well thats Incorrect, It has 3 HDMI, 2 AV, 2 S-Videos, 2 Componets, 1 TV, and 1 VGA, It as well runs in a 1080i and and HDTV, I have my Bell HD sat hooked up and it works great, I will compare it to my Sony KDL32XBR. The Picture is just as almost as nice. I picked it up from The Future Shop for $629.99. I have my Sony receiver, PS3, DVD, and Satilite hooked into it. The settings are very adjustable and the tinting and shading is great, the responce time for action movies on my BR is just as amazing as my XBR, So to say that its junk TV, wel, to each thier own, I am very happy with it. I am have never bought anything that was not Sony or Onkyo, So when I saw this for the price, I figured I would give it a try, So I now am glad I did,. Enjoy it..
post #193 of 198 Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM

hey guys Best buy has their 32 in set on sale online right now in promo for Black Friday.
post #194 of 198 Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 PM

So - I realize I'm resurrecting a year old post, but I noticed the question I have was not answered directly (or I just simply didn't understand).

I have the same TV discussed in this thread, the 32"/720p/60 Hz bought from Best Buy. Great TV for the 1.5 years I've had it. The remote did die on me a few months ago though (or maybe the TV's signal died, not sure yet).

The problem that I'm having that I'd like to know how to fix: How to get the TV to recognize a 16:9 Aspect Ratio when I plug in my PC through an HDMI cord. I have the Zoom set to "Normal". It recognizes the correct Aspect Ratio when watching an HDTV Broadcast... But not when my PC is plugged in. I do realize that if I have it set to "Wide" it'll fill the screen, but another question I have is: Is there any downfall to having the Zoom set to Wide all the time (besides 4:3 shows being stretched). Is any quality lost?

Any help/suggestions?

Edit: So after looking at different website, does it have something to do with overscan? And if so, how can I turn it off on this television?
post #195 of 198 Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
FYI-
Best Buy has the 37" models 150, 151 and 152 on sale for $259 tonight and tomorrow.
You can pick up a 2 yr warranty for $29 that covers replacement by Best Buy.

post #196 of 198 Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 PM

we have new tv and all works great - 1 problem we cannot get full screen picture we have about 2" border left and right
ideas?
post #197 of 198 Old 07-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprhs View Post

I hope this works for you. I know it looks good on my end, everything looks crisp.

Thanks so much, I used your settings and my picture looks amazing. Couldn't believe how good it looked when I was watching Transformers on Blu-Ray!
post #198 of 198 Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 AM

Hi guys very interesting thread, I decided to get one of these for my kids room mostly to watch cartoons and maybe the occasional DVD movie.

I must agree with everyone here about the picture looking amazing, it looks just like a more expensive Sony or Vizio nevertheless I think I got the best price $199 + tax!

I 'll try to use the provided picture settings later on and see what happens, I only wish you guys could specify what settings are you running in regard of color temperature and picture mode I think I like Standard but you never know.

Thanks.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page