I started a thread asking if there were any owners of this TV. It turned into a discussion of the Circuit City deal, and has some great info.
I decided to start a new owners thread. Here you can post
- Tips for configuring your Olevia 247TFHD
- Troubleshooting your Olevia 247TFHD
- Post pictures of you Olevia 247TFHD Setup
- Anything else regarding the Olevia 247TFHD
Here is the original thread I createdhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=942633COMPANY INFO
Support Phone and Mail-Back Address:
Technical Support, Customer Support and Rebate Status:
20480 E. Business Parkway
City of Industry, CA 91789
1600 N. Desert Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
Olevia 247TFHD on websitehttp://www.olevia.com/en-us/Products...HDLCDHDTV.aspxSETUP/CONFIGURATION:
- Pronto Codeshttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post12319694
- "Backdoor" firmware site, thanks swampass2http://220.127.116.11/support/Syntax/Television/
- JP1 remote source, thanks swampass2http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/
- Harmony remotes support Olevia according to Sonar5http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post12335780ISSUES:
- "Is anyone else seeing 4:3 analog content being shown in a slightly squashed 1.5 ratio rather than 1.33 in Aspect mode and even in 1:1 mode?"
4:3 digital content seems correct though."
- several people reported that the Digital output, both coaxial and optical, do not output a 5.1 signal. This may be fixed with Firmware in the future. It is recommended that you run audio from the source (DVD, HD-DVD, Blurray, Xbox 360) directly to your receiver if you want 5.1 sound.
- several people have reported some backlight bleed. This can be reduced by changing the "Lighting" setting on the remote/menu to "Dark Room".
More info here on backlight bleedhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post12324847INSTALLATION TIPS:
How to remove the stand and speakers, thanks EricRPhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post12326838
Several people have recommended Monoprice for cableshttp://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
dcv_2002 posted a wall platehttp://www.mycablemart.com/store/car...t_detail&p=786PICTURES:
Credenza by spydermonkey311IMAGE 1 - Lights OffIMAGE 2 - Lights On
Several people have asked me where I purchased my Credenza/TV Console. Here is the link for it @ Sams Clubhttp://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...1-01-07_HolCat
Wallmount by EricRPhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post12333518
TV Stand by Draco098http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post12336660
Credenza by wapowhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post12337231FAQ
Q: How does the Idea menu work?
A: It lets you choose one of four settings: Off, White Peak Limiter, Black Level Enhancer, Contrast Enhance. You can't combine them.
Q: Which should I use, the Native or the 6500K color temperature?
A: Most people here have found Native to produce better looking results, despite Olevia's recommendation to use 6500K.
Q: What resolution does the VGA connection work at? Is it bogus like most TVs, which limit you to some lower resolution?
A: It works at the full 1920x1080 @ 60Hz over the VGA connection.
Q: Does this TV have Picture-in-Picture? Some vendors don't list it as a feature.
A: Yes, it has PiP and Split Screen. The PiP lets you pick which corner to use for PiP, as well as a limited number of sizes for the PiP display, which also changes aspect ratios as needed. The combination of sources is slightly limited, e.g. VGA can PiP with the built-in tuner, HDMI, S-Video and Composite, but not with Component.MISCELLANEOUS:
Warranty Card for Oleviahttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post12321544
Extended Warranty by RepairMasterhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post12326918
Extended Warranty from BJshttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post12328183
Somewhat discouraging article, please chime in your opinion on what this blogger says, thanks argeleri for the linkhttp://hdguru.com/?p=107
"Vizio leads the Low End", thanks Frankenstein for the linkhttp://www.fool.com/investing/value/...e-low-end.aspx
"Syntax-Brillian is a Hornet's Nest" UPDATE to the article above