Weird audio problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a 26 inch Westinghouse lcd tv. It has beautiful picture quality, everything works fine. I play my 360 on it, first night I got it everything works fine. Next day, I put in The Orange Box, and it has a weird crackling sound. This happens for most actions in the game (ie: shooting a gun, loud noises, etc). This sound is reminiscent of a very static-y tv. It's very, very annoying. This doesn't make that sound with other games (Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3). I have unplugged the tv (let it sit for about a day), unplugged-replugged the connections to the tv from the 360, I've reset my 360 numerous times, tried different games (which, as I stated, worked fine). I don't understand, it worked fine before, and it worked fine when I first got this tv (about 3 days ago). Any suggestions to fix this? I do have a 4-year warranty on this, but I don't really feel like repacking the tv and driving all the way to best buy. Also, this happens when I play Gears of War. So i'm guessing it's something with the tv. Any help on what it could be? I don't really know much about tv's to begin with so help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 PM

I have no clue what that could be, but if it doesn't happen on all games, or when cable or dvd is playing, it seems like it has something to do with the game, or maybe somewhere in the transition from the game to the tv, but you said you tried messing with all connections, so i don't know man, sorry to hear it, call westy, see what they have to say, then try microsoft (XBOX)...if you can get someone, it's tough...and explain it to them. good luck!

The best TV is in the eyes of the buyer.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page