Looking for a new LCD with a few requirements - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-25-2007, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey there guys, been trolling a while here and finally decided I should register and pick your brains.

So I got some money to go toward a new TV for Christmas and so can finally replace my 26" Olevia. I don't know if I'll be able to fit all of my hopeful requirements into my budget, so am hoping some of you can point me into the right direction.

-I'm looking for a 37" or more (42" would be preferable but other things take a higher precedent) 1080p LCD. It'll be on the stand a for a bit until I can rearrange the room it'll be in, after which it'll be wall mounted.
-I'd like it to support 1080p over component for my 360. If this is really hard to find I may try selling mine and getting an xbox that has HDMI.
-1920x1080 over VGA would be really nice too so I can hook my computer up and get maximum resolution. Most TVs I've looked at only support 1366x768 over VGA.

Those are my big points, hopefully can find something like this in the 1200 or below range; I know that I wont be able to get the best contrast ration possible at this price but it'll be in a room where I can control the light well, so that's not too big of a problem.

Thanks for the help and a merry Christmas to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-25-2007, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bump: Anyone have any suggestions?

I've looked at the Toshiba 42HL167 and the Visio VU42LF, both are the same size, in about the same price range but both only support 1366x768 via VGA cable.

Would it be possible to use a DVI -> HDMI converter from my computer to the TV to get it in 1920x1080 mode?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Yes,DVI and HDMI are both digital signals so you should be ok...
post #4 of 4 Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

How would you say it stacks up vs. the Viewsonic N4285P? Both are right at the 1100 mark, the VS has a 2000:1 contrast vs the Visio's 1500:1 and also supports a higher resolution via VGA. Does anyone have any personal experience with these? Gonna go try and eyeball them side by side at Sam's Club or Costco tomorrow morning.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page