purchase decisions - in desperate need of savvy advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm currently looking for a 37" - 42" LCD HDTV in the $800.00 ~ $1,200 price range. My goal is to get the best price to performance ratio as I can - or "best bang for the buck" - in that price range. Unfortunately, I know very little about what constitutes good "performance" for an LCD and so I would much appreciate some expert advice.

My primary uses for the T.V. will be for watching HD television - mostly sports - and playing some hi-res videojuegos via my PS3. It's also worth noting that I'd rather spend $1,200 for a 37" 720p TV that clearly has a much better picture than a $800.00 42" 1080p TV. In other words, the quality of the picture (colors, contrast, etc.) and also build quality (or company reliability) are of utmost importance. In a very distant second would be # of video inputs, speaker quality, aesthetics, # and quality of extra features (like pip), etc - although, I must admit that I like the prospects of watching two sports simultaneously Also, I am very patient, so if LCDs happen to be cheaper during certain seasons than others, then I would happily wait it out in order to save a little dough - I would prefer to be watching some HD sports before the new year (09) though
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To sum my issue up, I want the best picture for a 37 to 42 inch screen LCD HDTV that $1,200 can buy me within the next year, I pray you please help me out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I've read time and time again online that unless you're looking at a 50" or wider LCD screen that the difference between a 1080p and 720p image doesn't warrant the extra money spent - as in, you can't really tell much of a difference, if any - is this true? If so, then it makes my decision a little easier...or does it? ...anyway you're help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page