Need adaptor with female-Component(input) and male-HDMI(output) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anyone know anywhere I can find an adapter that has Component-female input and HDMI-male output? The reason I need such an adapter is that I want to connect the component cable from my PS3 to the HDMI input on my TV. I use the PS3's HDMI output to go to my projector, and so I need to use the proprietary PS3 component cable to go to my TV's HDMI input. I can't use the component input on my TV because it's being used by another AV device.

Essentially, I need an adapter that can accept a component cable from my PS3, and that has an HDMI-male end to connect to an HDMI input on my TV. Thereby connecting PS3 component-out to TV HDMI-in.

I've searched for such an adapter but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

[edit] Actually, my TV has a spare DVI input so it can be component-female/DVI-male as well. I would use this adapter from monoprice but not sure about the compatibility since it's listed as being intended for use with ATI cards.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why would you want to connect your PS3's component output to your TV's HDMI input? Are you using all the component inputs on your TV?

Component transmits an analog signal. HDMI transmits a digital signal. So what you would need is not just an adapter, it's an analog-to-digital converter. I've only seen one standalone analog-to-digital converter, and it wasn't cheap (around $300 if I remember correctly).

The ATI component-to-DVI-I adapter is your best bet if the DVI port on your TV is also DVI-I (which is probably the case). But the signal received by your TV will still be analog.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivendriver View Post

Why would you want to connect your PS3's component output to your TV's HDMI input? Are you using all the component inputs on your TV?

Component transmits an analog signal. HDMI transmits a digital signal. So what you would need is not just an adapter, it's an analog-to-digital converter. I've only seen one standalone analog-to-digital converter, and it wasn't cheap (around $300 if I remember correctly).

The ATI component-to-DVI-I adapter is your best bet if the DVI port on your TV is also DVI-I (which is probably the case). But the signal received by your TV will still be analog.

Yeah, the component input on my TV is used up. I think maybe I'll give the component-DVI adapter a shot. Thx for the input.