Need some advice about online purchase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Dad want to get the Samsung 52" LCD TV soon (model No. LN-T5271F) and has been doing some pricing. He said he found the TV online at various sites for much cheaper than the local electronics store. The sites are:

fotoconnection.com
pricemad.com
lcdtvs.com
abesofmaine.com

Does anyone have any advice to which of these sites is reputable? My dad is not too internet savy and I would hate for him to get hosed by a bad site. Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,
Darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Tell him to call Samsung customer service and ask if the vendors you show are authorized dealers. Yes=OK, No=buy someplace else.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info MES444. I'll be sure to tell him that.

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to purchase an extended warranty? I read on here that an extended warranty can be purchased after the one year. Is this true?

Also, does anyone know if Samsung offers extended warranties directly to the public?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
post #4 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:25 PM

Go check the prices on amazon.com, they are a authorized vendor and have outstanding prices (700-1000 less than B&M stores)

Also maybe wait untill after the superbowl, prices generally go down then.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Before you purchase it from one of those onlines above, I would check them with the Reseller Ratings just to be sure, http://www.resellerratings.com/. However, I would personally purchase it from amazon. Great price, great service, and a 30-day price match guaranty (only from their price, not a third party vendor).

Go 24
post #6 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 38
You need to read the fine print about exchanges and returns before buying online. The low online price frequently comes about because that online dealer basicly "ships and forgets" his customers. They will not accept returns or allow exchanges, they expect you to deal with the Manufacturer under warranty terms and conditions.

I dealt with and reccomend www.vanns.com for my Samsung LN-T4669FX last month. Vanns is not just a web page with no backup, they are a major retailer with stores, catalogs, and customer service, and they DO allow returned product, they furnish an RMA (Return Materials Authorization) label with each shipment. If you have a problem that their customer service cannot resolve, they will give you an RMA number. Yet in spite of this extra service above most online sources, Vanns is frequently among the lowest prices in the online search engines.

Most of the above is theoretical. I ordered my TV from Vanns, they shipped on time, I accepted delivery, and everything was correct and complete and the TV was perfect - I'll be throwing the cardboard out this week.

Gary McCoy
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

post #7 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'll add a vote for Amazon.com. I ended up beating the best price I could find anywhere else including the non-authorized / gray market dealers (the caveat being there may have been one or two I never discovered... :-)
post #8 of 8 Old 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM86 View Post

Thanks for the info MES444. I'll be sure to tell him that.

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to purchase an extended warranty? I read on here that an extended warranty can be purchased after the one year. Is this true?

Also, does anyone know if Samsung offers extended warranties directly to the public?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ma...lProductReg.do

Register product at Samsung; in past, i've been notified prior to warranty expiration for extension. Might also contact them.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page