Sharp Aquos LC52D62U 52----PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, HERES WHAT HAPPENED TO ME....PLEASE GUYS AND GALS....HELP ME

I purchased this set over month ago for my new property i was moving into. I did not open it and test it out (big mistake). When i moved i set it up. Turn it on, and it turns on for 3 seconds and shuts off, and starts blinking the power light and OPC light in weird patterns. I called sharp. They sent out repairman with parts to fix. They apparently are aware of this problem and knew what parts were needed. They sent power supply and another board

The tech installed both boards and still same problem. IDENTICAL. Call sharp and they send tech out again with more boards. Tech just left, he found the problem. It is one of the boards (left of power supply) and its the one board they didnt ship.

Heres the weird part. Tech did something where we actually had a picture but no sound (need board). Now because of all these new parts, the tv didnt even promt us for the inital set-up (ie. language, time, etc..etc)

Now, the picture looked like ****! we had it hooked up to scientific atlanta 9300 box via cablvision and HDMI. We put on ESPN2HD and the picture looked all "digitally" and distorted around the edges (jaggies/boxes). We werent able to access menus to adjust the settings (sharness,contrast, etc..etc..) Supposedly we couldnt use the remote to do this bc of this board not hooked up.

Heres my question.....the tech is bringing out this board saturday, so tv shld be good......was this intial picture set-up all distorted because the original settings for HDMI input, (and all other inputs for all i know) that comes out of box not set and out of whack bc of all these board replacements? or is this tv defective? if i have to maually adjust them to look good thats fine....looked like sharpness was way too high (got that jaggie/boxes look around edges)

This has been a nightmare.....if anybody has this tv and can maybe give me a list of where the tv settings should be, please post em, this way i can change em while tech is here on saturday and see if this tv is just flat out defective.

I have a 32 inch LCD olevia in bedroom and picture looks amazing, no jaggies /boxes at all (all hooked up to same equipment, and via same HDMI cable)

PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO ANYONE KIND ENOUGH FOR THEIR INPUT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #3 of 8 Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

There is nobody on this forum that can possible help me in anyway with some feedback?

PLEASE guys, help me.....ive been longtime reader of this forum, and value your opinions
post #4 of 8 Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM

.....the tech isn't even finished with the repairs. Why don't you wait until he has the chance to finish the job this Saturday before making any final judgements?
post #5 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Hey buddy I have the same issue with mine. Just happened to me today. Wife was watching TV and it shut off by itself. I got home from work and the power and upc lights are blinking. TV wont turn on. Just makes the click noise when you try to turn it on. i left it un plugged for an hour and still doing the same thing. I had the TV for a little over 2 years never got the extended warranty so i'm doomed. I'll have to pay the tech $75 just to come in and tell me what it can be. Now you said it was the board on the left side of the power supply ? do you know the name of the part? if you got any info you can give me so i can bypass the guessing game with tech since i'm going to end up paying out of my pocket. you can email me envieddesigns@aol.com

thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

The problem is related probably to bad connection between inverter outputs and one (or more) CCFT's. The fact that the same board was replaced twice (inverter board), suggest that problem is not on PCB or with CCFT's.

If only one of the CCFT’s is faulty, or drawing little current that can be detected by inverter board as a fault, or if only one contact is bad, the TV will shut-off.

The very latest Sharp TV's have inverters that feed high frequency, high voltage current from the inverter PCB via razor-thin contacts, and then via CCFT sockets to the actual CCFT (tubes). It is supposed to work for many years but it is inferior solution compared to PCB connectors and pre-soldered (pre-welded) wires on CCFT's.... Once the inverter board is removed – those sockets with thin PCB contact will have to be replaced. It is almost impossible to re-assemble the inverter board and insert the same in to the sockets. Those razor-thin contacts are extremely thin and fragile.

I have soldered tiny silver ribbons to all of the 18 inverter outputs and fed this ribbon thru the socket holders right to the tubes so that tube is making contact not only with the socket itself, but with this ribbon as well. It can not be further improved...

Pity, the price we pay as a result of mass-production and optimisations...

Anyway, the inverter board is of highest quality and the TV is really good.

Not all technicians focus at their work… some customers get lucky – some don’t (and have to cope with 2 or more visits).

If you have problem with settings, ask technician to default the unit to factory defaults. There should be push reset somewhere on the tuner PCB… “from the back”

Boky
post #7 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

The PCB to the right of the power supply PCB (one that has a mains cable plugged-in to), is inverter PCB board. The PCB to the left of the power supply is tuner board. This is the case on my LC42D77X. The PCB below the power supply is pixel driver (feeds two wide ribbon cables to the screen)
Tech probably didn't connect the speakers (at the bottom) while testing - this is quite normal... I did all my mods with speakers disconnected…
If the picture does not look good (compared to same model in store) - you should demand the replacement TV.
Those techs are from Sharp- authorised INDIPENDENT repair services.... they may have never seen your TV model in their life!!! (they repair everything...) - so now you can judge if they are competent to properly repair your TV or not.

Boky
post #8 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM

I have the same issue with the Sharp lc-52d62u OPC and power light blinking together and intermittent on and off. Can you share the final diagnosis and perhaps your total repair bill? Your help is highly appreciated!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page