Need help with my Sharp Aquos Lc46D64U Not sure where to post this, but here goes. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2008, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I've been looking at this site trying to find the solution to the problem that I am seeing, but I either can't search correctly or it's buried in a thread that's 100 pages long. So, I figured that I would start a new thread hoping for some help.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC46D64U. I have digital cable and I use the R G B cables that were provided. The other night I was watching regular tv (non-hd channel) and I noticed a line down the center of my screen. The line appeared when there was a large amount of orange color on the screen. I did not notice the line when there were other colors on the screen, just the orange. There may have been another line towards the right side of my screen, but the scene changed too fast for me to really get a good look.

After I noticed it, I changed to an HD channel and I did not notice the line. However, the HD channel did not have a lot of orange on the screen.

Does anyone know what this is? Is there a way to fix it? Or do I have to return my tv?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_C4 View Post

Hey guys,

First time poster here. I've been looking at this site trying to find the solution to the problem that I am seeing, but I either can't search correctly or it's buried in a thread that's 100 pages long. So, I figured that I would start a new thread hoping for some help.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC46D64U. I have digital cable and I use the R G B cables that were provided. The other night I was watching regular tv (non-hd channel) and I noticed a line down the center of my screen. The line appeared when there was a large amount of orange color on the screen. I did not notice the line when there were other colors on the screen, just the orange. There may have been another line towards the right side of my screen, but the scene changed too fast for me to really get a good look.

After I noticed it, I changed to an HD channel and I did not notice the line. However, the HD channel did not have a lot of orange on the screen.

Does anyone know what this is? Is there a way to fix it? Or do I have to return my tv?

Thanks in advance...

Was the line thick & kinda dark?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

The line was at most 1/4 of an inch thick.

No it wasn't dark. It seemed as if the screen was divided equally into two parts. Kinda how it would look if the tv supported split screen.

Like I said, I only saw it when there was a large amount of orange on the screen. I didn't really see it when there were other colors on the screen.

I saw it again last night. It's driving me nuts. Is there a way to search on here to see if anyone else has experienced this? Or has anyone else had this?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_C4 View Post

The line was at most 1/4 of an inch thick.

No it wasn't dark. It seemed as if the screen was divided equally into two parts. Kinda how it would look if the tv supported split screen.

Like I said, I only saw it when there was a large amount of orange on the screen. I didn't really see it when there were other colors on the screen.

I saw it again last night. It's driving me nuts. Is there a way to search on here to see if anyone else has experienced this? Or has anyone else had this?

I have not heard of that before. Have you tried calling Sharp yet. They might be able to point you in the right direction.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page