Official Sharp 'Special Edition' LC-XX94U Owners Thread (NO PRICE TALK) - Page 53 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1561 of 1564 Old 02-02-2014, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Don't really use the internet portion of this TV much and not really sure if current owners post here anymore but I noticed the other day after hitting the "Net" button that I get the following error...

Confirmation

The security of the target page cannot be confirmed. The server certificate has expired. Do you want to connect?

OK Cancel

Pressing "OK" gives me

Notification

A connection cannot be established. A read error has occurred in TCP.

Close

Pressing "Close" gives me

Page Authentication

Username:
Password:

_ Remember the information

OK Cancel

Any idea on how to fix this? Resetting the web browser settings in the menus doesn't appear to do anything. (Menu, then option D)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1564 Old 12-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Liked: 10
still works...

hi

The Menu on the TV mode was not working, but the menu on the other HDMI inputs was working.
I did a factory rest using the menu on one of the HDMI inputs and then the TV menu started working...

Just an update as to if anyone else had a problem I have the LC-52SE94U

I have downloaded the
http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupp...num=LC-52SE94U

Code:
15806045 2009-10-15 16:29:17.000000000 -0400 TEL_SOFT_SE94U_U0809031.ZIP (size and time) 
118ca865f86264f640a1ba40b4595d14  TEL_SOFT_SE94U_U0809031.ZIP (md5sum)
0afb495cf96827afbb850c2891269f797aeba863  TEL_SOFT_SE94U_U0809031.ZIP (sha1sum)
TV works, I am have thoughts on updating the firmware.. should I do it ? or not ?
post #1563 of 1564 Old 12-15-2014, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Aquos Advantage no longer maintained

Both my Aquos LCXX94U sets no longer get Internet access to the Aquos Advantage pages making the Internet function useless.

My hunch is that after 6 years Sharp has turned off the AquosNet pages and using a regular web browser I am redirected to a Sharp site. Nothing wrong with the TVs, but it would have been nice for Sharp to send registered Aquos Advantage members a notice that the function would be going dark.
post #1564 of 1564 Old 12-17-2014, 05:12 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartberman View Post
Both my Aquos LCXX94U sets no longer get Internet access to the Aquos Advantage pages making the Internet function useless.

My hunch is that after 6 years Sharp has turned off the AquosNet pages and using a regular web browser I am redirected to a Sharp site. Nothing wrong with the TVs, but it would have been nice for Sharp to send registered Aquos Advantage members a notice that the function would be going dark.
I figured that was the case and had very little hope that Sharp would come through with a fix when I contacted them earlier this year and opened a case with support. Still waiting to hear back from Sharp on that case number. <crickets>

Sharp really pumped up their AQUOSNet features and the dedicated AQUOS Advantage remote support capabilities of their set when I purchased directly from Sharp years ago. This is a good example of internet connected devices that have features that become disabled or stop working due to changes in the company months or years after your purchase.
stuartberman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page