Removing Stand Toshiba Regza - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't rely on manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you won't be a frustrated as I was last night, I am posting this information about removing the stand from the Toshiba Regza to allow for wall mounting. Do not go by what the manual says! I spent an enormous amount of time trying to remove the "jack cover" as stated in the manual. I even called Toshiba and they told me it should just pop off when you squeeze the sides. NOT TRUE! You actually have to remove all of the screws around the perimeter of the stand - even the hex screws. Once you remove these, the base slides out! Don't remove the entire back as I saw posted on the internet somewhere.

I hope this helps someone out there struggling to mount their Regza!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Yes. You must have had someone set yours up for you? Just remove the 5 socket head cap screws (using an Allen wrench), and it comes right off.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannessa View Post

Don't rely on manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you won't be a frustrated as I was last night, I am posting this information about removing the stand from the Toshiba Regza to allow for wall mounting. Do not go by what the manual says! I spent an enormous amount of time trying to remove the "jack cover" as stated in the manual. I even called Toshiba and they told me it should just pop off when you squeeze the sides. NOT TRUE! You actually have to remove all of the screws around the perimeter of the stand - even the hex screws. Once you remove these, the base slides out! Don't remove the entire back as I saw posted on the internet somewhere.

I hope this helps someone out there struggling to mount their Regza!

Thank you very much I was about to take the whole back of the TV off!
post #4 of 16 Old 10-03-2008, 10:26 AM

I seem to have misplaced the screws for my stand. Does anyone have the screw size measurements on the two types required for the stand?
post #5 of 16 Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 PM

I know this is an old thread but I found it in a search. I am having a problem removing my stand on my new Toshiba 52HL167. The manual says the stupid thing about a jack cover that doesn't exist. It looks like there are six bolts of some sort holding it on but I have tried every size allen wrench I can get my hands on in those holes to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
post #6 of 16 Old 01-26-2009, 04:18 PM

I just did a search and came across this thread. Headed down the path described above but I think they've changed the base design since the original postings. Turns out that on mine (Regza, 46") there are four screws near the bottom of the chassis on the backside that hold the base on. Two vertical on each side of the stand. Remove those 4 screws and the base slides right off. Found the procedure after thumbing through the manual 5 times, close to totally frustrated. Hope this helps someone.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM

Liked: 11
just look at my tutorial in youtube...
it's soo simple! i don't know why the instructions can't say that!!!

just serch "S.OS how to remove a flat screen tv base" on youtube !
Gee716 likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 PM

I lost the hex head bolts that attach the stand to the TV, does anyone know what size these are? I tried calling Toshiba, their parts manufacturers, and googling it with no results...anyone??
post #9 of 16 Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc61695 View Post

I lost the hex head bolts that attach the stand to the TV, does anyone know what size these are? I tried calling Toshiba, their parts manufacturers, and googling it with no results...anyone??

did you check the tv?
smart thing to do is screw them back in so they don't get lost
post #10 of 16 Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 PM

I was scratching my head trying to figure this one out. I watched the stupid you tube instructional which is not a 42 Regza, and then realized I had missed the instructions in the manual. They are on page 5 at the bottom. The 5 screws around the perimeter of the base are the only screws you need to remove. Not the ones with the arrows next to them. Don't listen to the part about the "jack cover", they don't have one, whoever wrote that in the manual is a "jack ass".

Good luck Stoners!
post #11 of 16 Old 05-18-2013, 03:03 AM

Thanks for your help... We were really struggling to remove the base stand . The information was really helpful.......
post #12 of 16 Old 06-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Thank you so much for the guidance! Your instructions were bang on! My dad and I were trying to pry it from the TV using a screwdriver and hammer (this was a last resort)! luckily we found your post and it's made life ten times easier. We would've spent another two hours trying to the base off had it not been your good advice.
Thank you very much.
Zara
post #13 of 16 Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 AM

Really helpful thank you, the base stand just drops once these 5 are removed with an Allen key....as advice says avoid the screws wi the arrows.
post #14 of 16 Old 11-01-2013, 06:30 AM

How do i remove the stand from my toshiba regza c3030 lcd tv? I say your reply have you any other info on this i.e pictures as I am over 60 and am finding this difficult to remove,i have taken of the V shaped stand and am now left with the round metal part that needs to come off.

regards frankie

post #15 of 16 Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 AM

How do i remove the stand from my toshiba regza c3030 lcd tv? I say your reply have you any other info on this i.e pictures as I am over 60 and am finding this difficult to remove,i have taken of the V shaped stand and am now left with the round metal part that needs to come off.

regards frankie

post #16 of 16 Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 PM

Great info...thanks!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba Regza 42hl167 42 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version