Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2058 Old 08-17-2010, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniwizard View Post

The "new" SC could be defective. Only hook up one ribbon to the SU or SD at a time (1 out of 8) or 1 out of 4 with the other (either SU or SD) removed. Be careful that the ribbons are perfectly square with the connector and the small "ears" on the ribbon are past the small "nubs" on the connector. If you find leaving one of the 8 ribbons loose lets it power up, the screen is defective and you can stop after that.

See attached

TW

Do you have a flow chart for 9th Generation. My model is TH-42ph9. seven blinks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2058 Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz258 View Post

Do you have a flow chart for 9th Generation. My model is TH-42ph9. seven blinks.

You can try these publications:

PANASONIC 9TH GENERATION PLASMA DISPLAY TRAINING

PANASONIC 9TH GEN PLASMA SYMPTOMS AND CURES

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #723 of 2058 Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTx View Post

Yes that's right. A 10-day-old 65VT25! Manufactured May 2010, assembled in Mexico
The other day, I turned on the set. Normal click then a bit of an odd pop, then the front red light started blinking 10 times and repeats itself. Called Panasonic and they told me it needs a service trip. No ****

Repair service called to tell me the set is so new they can't find parts. I then called BB Magnolia where I purchased it. Service tech came out and told me it was the power supply and they will replace the TV w/ a new one.

I'm very sensitive to electrical component failures. I even put a UPS/Power Conditioner/Surge Protector on the TV. This purchase replaced my 5.5 year old Mits DLP that was afflicted with bulging capacitors.

As you can imagine I'm very disappointed that this issue should come up. Given the fact that my 65VT25 is by far the best TV I've ever watched (I remember the first TV being a Dumont B&W), I just expected more from Panasonic in terms of overall quality assurance and control. After all, this is their top of the line consumer set.

I hope this experience is an isolated case and not the first report of a trend with this series. My main reason for this is because as soon as BB can find one, there will be another 65VT25 in my den. Until then, they gave me a loner. So far I'm totally impressed w/ BB/Magnolia's service.

Just this morning I turned on my 5 day old Panasonic TC-65VT25 and click, click, POP!! Now I have the Red power light blinking 10 times over and over.

I also have mine hooked up to top of the line Monster Power centers and protectors. I also tried everything to get it to work, like unplugging, reseting, Etc.

Panasonic said a service tech will call me today, but I am worried since you said they cant find parts. I bought mine from an online eBay store. So a return for a new one would be hard to do.

I hope they have parts!! It does look like a power issue.
post #724 of 2058 Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan1123 View Post

Just this morning I turned on my 5 day old Panasonic TC-65VT25 and click, click, POP!! Now I have the Red power light blinking 10 times over and over.

I also have mine hooked up to top of the line Monster Power centers and protectors. I also tried everything to get it to work, like unplugging, reseting, Etc.

Panasonic said a service tech will call me today, but I am worried since you said they cant find parts. I bought mine from an online eBay store. So a return for a new one would be hard to do.

I hope they have parts!! It does look like a power issue.

Wow I thought they would have fixed issues like this, especially considering you paid top dollar for their flagship plasma. That settles it... I am not going to purchase another Panasonic television again. Hopefully they fix my
50pz80u without me having to pay more than 50% of the repair estimate.
post #725 of 2058 Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunat1c View Post

Wow I thought they would have fixed issues like this, especially considering you paid top dollar for their flagship plasma. That settles it... I am not going to purchase another Panasonic television again. Hopefully they fix my

I have a service tech coming out on Tuesday. Hope he fixes it then as i only got to enjoy this awesome TV for a few days so far.
post #726 of 2058 Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 PM

Well. Just went to turn on my panasonic tc-p50g25. Never sounded like it fully turned on.

Red light that blinks 10 times.

Tv is about a month old. Bought it from panasonic.

*edit* after unplugging everything and unplugging it from the wall, and plugging it back in, it does not turn on but now blinks 4 times instead of 10
post #727 of 2058 Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phd_nick View Post

One month later and my P-Board is still on order after three supposed requests by my repair person. My cynical guess is it is in too much demand.

my 4685u has been "repaired" 4 times already just out of warranty, same thing, ten blinks.....im done with it....im getting a new tv, and not a panny, that's for sure

PSN ID - MikeyRaw8
post #728 of 2058 Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Wow, your post about the 50pz80u is what I am going through now! Sears blue crew, authorized panny dealer, left my house with a $465.00 check in hand 3 weeks ago today to replace a pcb board, part #ETX2MM704MGN for a 10 blinking light death code! Service tech said he would be back the following wednesday to replace the board. UPS we were told would deliver the part to our house. We still have the 50pz80u at home...

Part was a no show, service tech of course didn't show. My check was cashed by Sears 2 weeks ago. I have contacted Sears several times in the last 3 weeks asking about the part and getting the same answer. The part is back ordered by our vendors with NO estimated time of arrival. WTF! I called Sears AGAIN today and the women said. When we tell you, there is no e.t.a, that means our vendors are unable to get this part. We don't get our parts directly from Panny. My mistake I told her, maybe I should of asked for the Sears code book to look up the definition of estimated time of arrival. Grrrrr!.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent a little. On the other hand, Panny customer service has been very nice. I was given a case# and the panny rep. said today he would send the part out to my Sears service center. Keeping my fingers crossed here. He also said to fax a receipt of the repair to them and they would see what they could do. Don't know what that means yet. I really like that plasma alot. I'm just disappointed..

Thanks for listening....
post #729 of 2058 Old 08-27-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Goddard View Post

Wow, your post about the 50pz80u is what I am going through now! Sears blue crew, authorized panny dealer, left my house with a $465.00 check in hand 3 weeks ago today to replace a pcb board, part #ETX2MM704MGN for a 10 blinking light death code! Service tech said he would be back the following wednesday to replace the board. UPS we were told would deliver the part to our house. We still have the 50pz80u at home...

Part was a no show, service tech of course didn't show. My check was cashed by Sears 2 weeks ago. I have contacted Sears several times in the last 3 weeks asking about the part and getting the same answer. The part is back ordered by our vendors with NO estimated time of arrival. WTF! I called Sears AGAIN today and the women said. When we tell you, there is no e.t.a, that means our vendors are unable to get this part. We don't get our parts directly from Panny. My mistake I told her, maybe I should of asked for the Sears code book to look up the definition of estimated time of arrival. Grrrrr!.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent a little. On the other hand, Panny customer service has been very nice. I was given a case# and the panny rep. said today he would send the part out to my Sears service center. Keeping my fingers crossed here. He also said to fax a receipt of the repair to them and they would see what they could do. Don't know what that means yet. I really like that plasma alot. I'm just disappointed..

Thanks for listening....

Well for me I have good news to report. After faxing in my purchase receipt for the TV and the repair estimate from the local authorized repair location, Panasonic has decided to cover $450.00 out of the $615.00 repair estimate. The local place here told me that there actual estimate is closer to that $450.00 number. They went over to help me out and probably themselves. My TV is now awaiting repair and will hopefully be fixed by the end of next week. I will report back on what part caused my 2 blinks.
post #730 of 2058 Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:

Well for me I have good news to report. After faxing in my purchase receipt for the TV and the repair estimate from the local authorized repair location, Panasonic has decided to cover $450.00 out of the $615.00 repair estimate. The local place here told me that there actual estimate is closer to that $450.00 number. They went over to help me out and probably themselves. My TV is now awaiting repair and will hopefully be fixed by the end of next week. I will report back on what part caused my 2 blinks.

Thanks lunat1c,
I will also give an update. Funny thing is that the fellow I spoke to last friday from sears blue crew called today to say they were still back ordered on the pcb part with still no e.t.a. I just get a headache every time I speak with there service reps. Gotta go, time to take some aspirins .......
post #731 of 2058 Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Here is my situation.

I got a TH-50PZ800u for a wedding present over 1.5 years ago. I think its 2 years old. I am getting the 10 blink code. I called panny, and they spoke to me and gave me a case number. Unfortunately the 2 repairmen they recommended have HORRIBLE ratings on google. I just want my tv fixed but am uncomfortable with the options. I am willing to spend 500-600 dollars but I don't want the added worries that its not going to get fixed.

Any advice? Should I just take the TV to SEARS or call geek squad.

I am going to call a the person who gave it to me and see if they bought it with a credit card, and does that credit card have an extended warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #732 of 2058 Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy1122 View Post

Here is my situation.

I got a TH-50PZ800u for a wedding present over 1.5 years ago. I think its 2 years old. I am getting the 10 blink code. I called panny, and they spoke to me and gave me a case number. Unfortunately the 2 repairmen they recommended have HORRIBLE ratings on google. I just want my tv fixed but am uncomfortable with the options. I am willing to spend 500-600 dollars but I don't want the added worries that its not going to get fixed.

Any advice? Should I just take the TV to SEARS or call geek squad.

I am going to call a the person who gave it to me and see if they bought it with a credit card, and does that credit card have an extended warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Read my last few post again about Sears Blue crew with my recent experience trying to get my Panny pz80 u fixed. There service techs were fine BUT, there parts dept. is just down right horrible for Panny plasma. They DO NOT get there parts directly from Panasonic. They get them from different vendors. And when the vendors are out, so are you! Trust me one this. Here's what to do..

1. Report your problem directly to Pansonic and get a case #. Which you have done.

2. Find a local authorized service dealer who you are comfortable with. I call them a mom & pop store. Stay away from the big box store's for panny plasma repairs.

3.Give Panny customer service time to get back with you. They have treated me excellent with my plasma repair and because of this I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Panasonic plasma. Just my 2 cents here. Good luck....
post #733 of 2058 Old 09-03-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCounting View Post

Almost a month after my P50G10 went out (6 month-old set), it has finally been fixed. The repairman said the board that failed was "the main guts of the machine". I was hoping for a Board number or letter so I could post it, but I'm sure the smarter tech-type people on this board know to what 'board' he was referring :-)

It's been hooked up with components since he advised against using HDMI cable with it, and I'm holding my breath.

That was my last entry on this board, a couple of months ago, after a complete "mother board" failure of my less than one-year-old Panasonic P50G10. Two weeks ago, the exact same thing happened.

Once again, I called Panasonic Concierge and went through the whole scenario again. Once again, my local TV repairman called and again blamed it on me "hooking it up with HDMI cables" (which I reminded him we did NOT do) and then blamed it on my DTV DVR box (which I reminded him was not broken the LAST time he blamed it on DTV and which DTV kindly had replaced with a new one)

He called back the next day and, once again, said it would take Panasonic 3 weeks to get the part backordered. I reminded him it took me over a month the last time to get my brand new TV fixed. I asked him to please escalate this case, which he did, and Panasonic agreed to send me a new plasma set.

I am SO scared of these sets now - I'm not sure I even want it ! Maybe I'll leave it in the box when it arrives and sell it on Craigslist and get an LCD. Is my house cursed.. did I get a lemon? What is going on?
post #734 of 2058 Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
So yea... there goes my TV (7 blinks of death)... called panasonic, they sold me it was a repair issue and I have to call the local guys. YAY..not really...

BTW: I have a TH 42pz77u

Anyway, called the repair guys and they are giving me estimates around $400.. I'm like "$%#%# ok, i just started working again this sucks"

So came back here for a lil help or advice. Of course since I bought my TV from Circuit City (Where i use to work) I just can't take it back and swap it...hehe..Kinda sucks, since this TV did last me almost 3 years, bought is on 11/2007. Kinda annoyed to be honest. What a great way to start the holiday weekend.

So I have questions:

A) Is there a cheaper way to fix this issue?

B) Should I just go buy a new TV and get this fixxed later?

C) If i go and buy a new TV, which one do you all recommend?

Gaming and Movie Format Neutral
HDDVD: 84

BluRay:24

SD-DVD: 222

post #735 of 2058 Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 AM

This morning my panasonic 42" did the same thing, but mine does not blink or do anything. I am upset that I spent this kind of money on a tv and it dies within 2 years. My old projection lasted me almost 15 years. It just seems convienient for panasonic to have a one year warranty.
Can any one help me find out how to get this fixed?

Maybe I should buy a different brand...

Unhappy
post #736 of 2058 Old 09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmcapital View Post

This morning my panasonic 42" did the same thing, but mine does not blink or do anything. I am upset that I spent this kind of money on a tv and it dies within 2 years. My old projection lasted me almost 15 years. It just seems convienient for panasonic to have a one year warranty.

Unhappy

I feel you, I have a CRT well 3 CRT's that still work and they are like 10+ years old..bought my TV back in Nov. of 2007 I have to call Mackcam on Tues and see if i can get my cost of it being fixxed down. But for now it's time to get a bigger TV. Sadly I still really like Panny though, so i'm going to order another panny. thats just me thought.

Gaming and Movie Format Neutral
HDDVD: 84

BluRay:24

SD-DVD: 222

post #737 of 2058 Old 09-11-2010, 05:26 AM

I just had this same thing happen on my 5-day old S2. Turned TV off last night no problem, tried to turn on this morning and Red light flashes 7 times then nothing...
Panny's support does not open for another 2 hours...

I'm frustrated... this mammoth is not easy to move! But I do have 30days to bring it back!
post #738 of 2058 Old 09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Al_

I've read through the threads here but can't find anything on my specific issue so thought I'd post in the hopes of some guidance. My TV lost power last week; no blinking lights, no nothing. I removed the back cover and checked the fuses just downstream of the power entry module and they were both blown. I replaced the fuses and plugged the TV back in. When I actuate the power switch on the set I here two clicks and a green LED on the front panel lights; but that's about it. The green LED stays lit until I depress the power swtich on the panel. There is never a red LED light lit; and thus no flashing lights or other problem indicator. There is no display (screen is black). I've verified I'm getting 120v on the back end of the fuses now but that's about it. Any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated.
post #739 of 2058 Old 09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_ View Post

TH-42PH9UK No Power

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=722

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #740 of 2058 Old 09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Al_

Thanks for that. I've downloaded both of those previously and printed them out; I've also purchased the Service Manual. The "No Power Troubleshooting Chart" in the symptoms and cures presentation refers to a "DG Board" which doesn't appear to be in my set according to the Service Manual which makes me a bit suspect as to how applicable it is.
post #741 of 2058 Old 09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Al_

Just did a quck check between the two board layouts (Service Manual vs. Display Training Presentation) and there are differences between the two. Looks like the "DG Board" in the presentation is the "DA Board" in my TV. I'll go ahead and give the troubleshooting chart a shot in that case.

Quick question if anyone knows on the "Troubleshooting Chart"--Step 1 says to listen for clicks from the relays when the set is plugged into the wall. I don't hear any clicks when my set is simply plugged in; but do after pressing the power button on the set. Is this equivalent?
post #742 of 2058 Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM

hi: You all seem like very nice people, but I'm still sad to be joining you! Our Panasonic TH-42PZ700U developed the 7 blinks of despair yesterday. Got the Best Buy Geek Squad person out, and it's the SC Board. I have the part number (TXNSC1HATJ) and he suggested I buy on my own to save money but they appear to be sold out everywhere! TV is 3 years old, bought in 2007, which appears to be a bum year.
Anyone know--are these SC boards available anywhere? Tips where to find it online where it's not out of stock? Would appreciate any advice, thank you.
post #743 of 2058 Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Try searching for a TNPA4250, possibly with a "3" suffix. That should work. Be sure it is from a 42 inch model.

TW

Techniwizard posts as an Independent Servicer
post #744 of 2058 Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM

Thank you Techniwizard!! Much appreciated.
post #745 of 2058 Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaulpanasonic View Post

Are these SC boards available anywhere? Tips where to find it online where it's not out of stock?

I see a couple on eBay, but what I found interesting is someone offering to repair them for $120. This seems to indicate that a rather simple capacitor replacement might be possible to fix the board.

You might want to check the capacitors on the board and see if any are bulging or leaking.

post #746 of 2058 Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM

That's interesting about the SC board. Hmm. I wouldn't know how to fix something like that, but I will certainly pass that along to the Geek Squad folks.

The information people have given on this site has been really valuable. I followed others' advice, called Panasonic, got great customer service. I have a case opened up now, and they are going to pay to fix it! I will post later when this is completely resolved, but it's worth the multiple calls to do this. You want to talk to someone in Tech Support to open up a case. My TV was purchased in 2007 and is long past warranty.
post #747 of 2058 Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Al_

Was that through the "concierge" folks?
post #748 of 2058 Old 09-19-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmcapital View Post

Unhappy

Had my th42pz77u already repaired once for 7 blinks last year, this morning it won't power on at all. No blinks. I unplugged it, then back in and it came on. Kids were watching a show, then it just shut off and I can't get it back on. The kids tell me it shut off yesterday too in the middle of their show. Sigh....
post #749 of 2058 Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 AM

New to this forum but since I too had been experiencing the blinking light issue with my less than 2 year old TH-50PX80U, thought I'd throw my issue and solution into the mix as a possible solution to problems others may be having.

I wrote the following post in reply to someone who had a home sound system wiring question....

I just completed a 75' run this past week so that I can watch MLB.com on my big screen rather than on my desktop. Ran both HDMI via an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable. Also utilized the analog audio output via RCA cable. Picture and sound were great from the gitgo. Unfortunately, after shutting down and attempting a restart, my 50" Panasonic plasma froze up (would not turn on or off without unplugging). Was also receiving an error messages (LED flashing 10 times). Unplugging my HDMI cable returned the set back to normal. After experimenting I found that by restarting my computer I was able to get the both audio & video back to the big screen. Unfortunately, the same shutdown and restart issue reappeared.

Goggling the issue found other users with the very same problem. Contacting Panasonic tech support was useless....told me that my set was not designed to receive a computer's signal and I would have to purchase a more expensive TV. Fortunately I found AVS Forum because after some digging, I located a post with a very simple solution. My set has 3 HDMI inputs, 2 in rear and 1 in front. By simply moving my HDMI cable from the rear to the front I am now a very happy camper and have been able to watch the Phillies move back into the MLB East lead from the comfort of my Living Room!

I am relating my story to you here just in case you (or others) might encounter similar issues. I'll leave it to the experts to explain why it works. Panasonic Tech Support should read AVS Forum....
post #750 of 2058 Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Al_

So I went the customer support route and got a case number opened up. Per their instruction I took it to the local repair shop for a "diagnosis"--$150, ouch. At any rate, the shop called back today and said there was a short somewhere in the system and it needs a new power board. The quote for repair is around $450. I'm in the process of having it faxed over to send on to Panasonic. If they stiff me I'm inclined to see if the repair shop will fix the short for me alonge; and I can do the board replacement myself. Not sure if they'd go for that though.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page